What's on your Menu Today (Tuesday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 2/7/17 3:33 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hello Menu Crew, how is everyone? I am going to get right into it, I am devastated, last night got a phone call from my Dad to tell me that my Mom has breast cancer. Mom "got the call" yesterday afternoon from the doctor to "come to the office we need to talk" and my Mom was too distraught to even talk on the phone.  I am beside myself.  I have got every emotion running through my body/mind right now. I can barely think straight right now for the "what if's" and the "what is going to happen now."  As you all know my Dad this past Fall was diagnosed with AA (Aortic Aneurysm) and we are dealing with that and now my Mom & breast cancer. Needless to say I feel numb today. So asking for prayers please and strength to deal with what my Mom and my family have ahead of us.  At some point when my Mom has to go for chemo & radiation I will go and stay at their house and I might have to step away from OH, will give you all lots of notice when that happens. 2017 has NOT been off to a good start and I want a do-over. UGH I am really really sad today  

QOTD: Give me an NSV you had in the last 24-48 hours.  Yesterday I had a late meeting at work and for those of you in the GTA you will know what I am about to say, I had to run (and I mean run) through Union train station to catch my GO train (commuter train).  My train was leaving at 5:20 and I was running through the train station at 5:19pm.  Well what makes this an NSV for me, was #1. I ran through a train station with a full heavy backpack on (which I weighed last night to see, and its 22lbs, why Daisy, why??) and I had my big Down winter coat on, my purse and I am dodging people and had to run up 2 flights of stairs to get to the train and I jumped on as the doors were closing. Of course the train was packed, standing room only. Well I was able to stand for the whole ride (one hour train ride) and have my heavy warm ass coat on and I was not winded or sweating buckets!  Was telling hubby this as we hiked the dogs last night and even he said "when you were MO you would not even have thought to run for the train and plus you could not physically run for the train." Its true, I do things now that seem so "normal" and like I have done them all along, it was a great feeling, a great NSV.

Time since surgery: 3 yrs + 2 months

Because I am so emotional today I have zero appetite, I packed food for my breakfast/lunch/snacks but doubt I will eat it.

B & L: can of tuna over bell pepper + balsamic dressing

S: 2 babybel swiss

D: 4oz of baked balsamic salmon filet

S: Liberte Greek yogurt vanilla + 2 babybel swiss before bed

TOTALS: 1052 calories, 117 protein, 27 carbs

V: patches are on

L: coffee all day + water with SF cran all day

E: the snow/freezing rain storm is supposed to hit around 1pm today so when I get home around 5pm not sure what the weather will look like so may or may not take the dogs out for their hike. Hubby has Physio at 5:30pm for his shoulder so I might go to they gym for a run, I can always lose myself when I run, it clears my head a lot

*Reminder* Photo Friday is "Photos of Love" to celebrate Valentines Day next week

Have a wonderful day everyone. Be Fabulous 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Insert Fitness
on 2/7/17 3:44 am

Daisy, I'm heartbroken. I can't believe it. I hope you and your family have a people close by to help with the heavy lifting to come. Know that your OH friends are here too.

Quick post from me, on my way to Montreal with my dad for a dr apt. I'll check in again when we get there.

qotd: I have two actually. One like yours, I just broke into a run to go pick something up. I didn't even realize I did it until after. The second is I increased my bar weight in my group strength class yesterday! 

Take care everyone!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Daisydoo02
on 2/7/17 1:00 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thanks for your support! 

Hope the drive to Montreal was good and your Dad's appt went well!

Awesome NSVs, you are doing so amazing!

Queen JB
on 2/7/17 3:56 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Oh sweetie, this is just terrible...Sending you and your whole family so much love. Please let us know how we can support you. I will figure out how to get you some biscuits if necessary! XO

QOTD: Nothing in the last few days that I can think of, except that when I went to visit the NUT and surgeon on Friday and was all freaking out about bad choices and such, they both looked at me like I'm insane and reminded me that I have a BMI below 22 and that fluctuation is a normal part of maintenance. It was nice to be reassured. Of course, since then I've gone off the rails with biscuits and honey butter being the majority of my calories yesterday, so... But anyway, I know I have the control to get back on track today.

B: 1/2 fit frappe mocha & babybel cheese

S: Turkey and carrot sticks

L: broccoli and cheese casserole 

S: Honey Fage yogurt and blueberries 

D: pulled chicken BBQ 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Daisydoo02
on 2/7/17 1:03 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thanks JB for your support 

Yes biscuits with honey butter just might help me feel better LOL LOL 

Love your NSV that the NUT & Surgeon reassured you that you are doing amazing!   We are all so hard on ourselves that is nice to hear!

I love that they feel fluctuation is part of maintenance, then I must be the maintenance Queen! 

Patty R.
on 2/7/17 3:59 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Daisy  Please know you, your Mom and your family are in my thoughts and prayers for a positive outcome       hugs too

Daisydoo02
on 2/7/17 1:04 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thank you Patty for your prayers & support, hugs are always welcome! 

alston87
on 2/7/17 4:05 am
RNY on 02/27/17

Praying for you and your family Daisy.  

QOTD:  Well I obviously haven't had surgery yet, but my victory for the day is...I got my surgery date!!!! They wanted me to go Monday but I couldn't get work situated that quickly.  So it is February 27th!  3 weeks from yesterday so I start liquid diet on Monday.  :D

Also had my husband's cardiologist appointment yesterday.  EKG looks fine but he has gained all of his weight back plus some :(  He is 395 right now.  He is considering WLS and talked with the cardiologist about it, who is all for it.  So prayers please that he will make the best decision there for his health.

Menu:

Breakfast:  protein shake

Snack: yogurt and P3

Lunch:  pulled pork 5oz, moon cheese

Dinner: Chicken of some sort and green beans

HW: 290ish    Consult Weight: 262   Height: 5' 7''

Initial Consult: 12/9/16  RNY:  2/27/17

Queen JB
on 2/7/17 4:37 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yay!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teena D.
on 2/7/17 6:26 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

It's so exciting to get a surgery date!! Congratulations and good luck to your hubby. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Most Active
Recent Topics