Apollo stitch

Au_Contraire
on 10/12/17 4:16 am

I had to look up what the Apollo stitch is, so I can't answer your first question. However, Dr. Billy is my surgeon. He is fantastic, as is his entire staff. St. John's is a wonderful place to have your surgery, too. You really can't go wrong with Dr. Billy. He is top notch.

babsinga
on 10/12/17 12:27 pm
RNY on 07/11/17

Hi,

My girlfriend had the Apollo Stitch earlier this year. She was gaining weight because she had depression issues, drinking issues etc and gained about 30 lbs of the 100 plus she had lost. She told me a couple months ago she does not have any restriction or feel any differently. She did lose about 20 of the pounds she had gained due to the liquid diet post surgery.

Babs in GA

HW 348 Revision SW 224 GW 165 CW 148

Revision from sleeve to RNY

Pre op: -5 M1-12 lbs M2 11 lb M3-5lb M4 -9lb M5 -2 M6-6 M7-7 M8 -4 M9-5 M10 -2 M11 -2

200 lbs lost and 17 pounds below goal !

sheilakgil
on 10/12/17 1:34 pm

Thanks

Amy R.
on 10/12/17 6:45 pm

If your stomach is so stretched out that food just goes all the way through, it makes sense that you're gaining. You're body is fighting you. There's a name for what you're dealing with (I think it's called fistula). If you do a search for that here on OH you should come up with posts from others who had the same issue.

I can see now why the surgeon would ok another revision. Once a post-op stomach does what yours is doing there is no way, other than another surgery, to correct it.

Hopefully they can help you. IF you do have more surgery you should probably get a copy of the surgeon's notes and/or the description of surgery they give you before they operate.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Don't give up! Especially until you get some answers and a prognosis IN WRITING. And please, keep us posted.

Take care and good luck. Come back through out your process if this helps. I think all of us here are hoping you can get things turned around.

joan67
on 10/13/17 3:40 pm

I had the Apollo overstitch in December 2016. I lost 10kg (22lbs) easily and quickly and the restriction was very good. Then 3 months later it had more or less worn off and I started re-gaining. My surgeon said the overstitch will wear off but you can get up to 3 years out of it. I got 3 months and I know of a couple of others with exactly the same stats as me in terms of how much they lost and how long it lasted. My problem is I have had some stretching and sagging (surgeon's description) which has resulted in an enlarged stoma (although it is not huge) which means I get hungry again too soon after eating (even if the meal is dense protein). I'm now booked to have the band over bypass next year. I have had it with short-lived, temporary solutions...

sheilakgil
on 10/13/17 11:04 pm

Thank you for all the information. Good luck with the band over bypass. I read about someone else doing that but I am not familiar with it.

sheilakgil
on 10/13/17 11:04 pm

Thank you for all the information. Good luck with the band over bypass. I read about someone else doing that but I am not familiar with it.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 145 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views