Snacks

seattledeb
on 6/5/18 2:29 pm

Wow..nobody liked this post.

The Salty Hag
on 6/5/18 5:11 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

We totally need an eye-roll emoji option.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

karenp8
on 6/5/18 3:36 pm - Brighton, IL

If I followed your plan and ate nothing after my 5:30 dinner,I would be unconscious with low blood sugar in the morning. If I don't eat a small amount every 4 or 5 hours my vision blurs and my blood sugar tanks. Whether you lose weight or keep it off is based on total calories--not how they're divided up. I've been snacking ever since surgery lost from 273 to 118 and have been that weight for nearly 51/2 years. All my labs are good too. We each have to do what works for us.

sweetpotato1959
on 6/5/18 4:53 pm

Kathyjs,

How wonderful to be such a kind therapist and Physicaian to know everyones needs, and thoughts.

It is very nice you can get all your proteins in in your 3 meals..FOOD is an addiction for YOU, Maybe?

but I must eat to get my nutrition in... of course one could just get a G tube and not have to eat... could recieve the medicated swill given to those unable to eat?

Huuummm, think I'll skip that as long as I can and follow my own Drs orders, even if he has retired.

That is YOUR plan- not mine- in fact I tried it ,.and had crashes every afternooon just after I ate my late lunch.

Those who have blood sugar issues must eat according to THEIR OWN Phycians Orders. No one needs you challenging their Drs.

If you have a problem with snacks it is YOUR issue. I can not get all my protein needs in in the TWO meals I eat and use 2 snacks to get my protein in.

.it keeps my sugar from being 50... when my body releases too much glucose/insulin as i exercise./garden/chase the dog or what ever for the day.

catwoman7
on 6/5/18 8:18 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

oh boy - here we go again...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Susie2756
on 6/5/18 10:37 pm

Kathy, I simply don't understand your post .... it appears to me to be food policing with a twist... yet again....under your terms aka no snacks ... you can call my reply snarky but it really is what it is ... I simply don't understand or maybe misinterpreted your post > are you saying anyone who snacks will be unsuccessful or Because you're not hungry and avoid snacks that makes you successful? Just curious....

Susie

ScottAndrews
on 6/6/18 7:08 am, edited 6/6/18 12:09 am
RNY on 03/20/17

Ive decided to allow the scale to be my ultimate judge.

I appear in court once a week.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/6/18 8:57 am

Even 10 years post op I can't possibly get enough proteins and fats in 3 meals. Unless I overeat. And overeating is not a good idea.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Hope_is_all_I_need
on 6/6/18 9:11 am

I so appreciate that there has been so many responses to this post. As a newbie if this was the advice I was receiving I would think I was doing something very wrong. I of course eat at least 4 times a day- all staying within 600 calories and getting all my protein in. I have never felt better and have lost 65 pounds in less than 3 months with eating what was referred to as snacks.Yes we all had issues with food but isn't the point to face those issues not avoid eating. I would think it's about making better choices not trying to forget there was a problem. Again, thanks to those who give solid advice so we don't fall "victim" to unsolicited nonsense.

Orientation Oct 24, 2017 at Humber; Meet surgeon Dec 12/17. Internist Jan 24/18; SW/Nut/nurse appt Feb 15/18;surgery March 19/18

Opti -12; M1 -25; M2 -18; M3- 18 M4-9 M5-11 M6-7

ScaleSkater
on 6/6/18 11:48 am

Has anyone evaluated her posting history? She swoops, posts and never comes back for months. I believe this is the purest of TROLL definitions. We should stop feeding the trolls!

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics