What's on your (4th of July) Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

catwoman7
on 7/4/18 5:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

JB - that train ride sounds horrendous! I remember being in NYC one day when it was around 95 degrees, and we were in an unairconditioned subway train - which at one point got stuck! Fortunately they got it going again without too long a delay, but still, it was torture!

not much on the agenda today. I'm going to go to the grocery store in a few minutes before it gets too crowded (and too hot outside!), then probably out for coffee and newspaper reading with DH. There's a yoga nidra class around 11:00 that I might go to. Then this afternoon probably some combination of reading, working on a jigsaw puzzle, and starting to work on stuff for this organization I chair. Possibly another yoga class at 4:00. Then dinner. Not much going on tonight, either. It's too freakin' hot!

QOTD: fireworks are legal in Wisconsin, although I'm not sure if all types are legal (I'm not a fireworks person - and I'd never buy them - so I'm not sure what exactly you can buy here)

3 years out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with blueberry sauce and diced nectarine

MS: coffee with half & half, Miralax/protein shake

L: tuna salad

AS: yogurt - or maybe strawberries with SF Cool Whip

D: pork chop and veggies (finally - I keep finding other things to eat - but I HAVE to make these pork chops tonight!!)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 7/4/18 6:11 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Happy Fourth of July!!

Qotd: some are legal here in Nebraska, but we drive up to my grandparents which is on the tri-state line between NE, IA, and SD and everything is legal in South Dakota so we go over there and buy stuff that's not legal here in NE. We buy lots of fireworks, and so do all of my cousins, and we light them from lunch through the night until everything is spent. Currently, the back of our SUV is packed Tetris-style with fireworks and we'll head out in the next hour or so.

breakfast will be a Premier with coffee, and the rest of the day is whatever is at my grandparents cookout. Likely a bunless cheeseburger for both lunch and dinner, and I am going to splurge and have some watermelon and a piece of corn on the cob. Fresh off the grill on the 4th of July, I'm calling it a treat.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

peachpie
on 7/4/18 6:17 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning my fellow Americans! (And howdy to the Canadians up north!). Well today completed my run streak- I'm super proud of myself. Everyday between Memorial Day and Idenpendence I ran, at least a mile. I'm not going to continue it- but I will add a another running day in while the weather is still warm. I would do another streak, maybe in the fall. Having longer daylight hours helped make this possible. I did 4 miles today- in honor of the 4th!

My street is having a block party today. Sometimes they are good, sometimes they are a ghost town. We'll grill burgers and chicken. No other plans.

Qotd: fireworks are illegal in Philadelphia, but legal in neighboring counties. I don't mess with them- I rely on those willing to risk their own limbs for my entertainment:-)

215 today, 3.2 years out

m1: egg, ham

m2: Greek yogurt, berries

m3: grilled chicken, salad

m4: burgers

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Queen JB
on 7/4/18 10:49 am
RNY on 07/20/15

SO proud of you, Peach! You really killed it!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

seattledeb
on 7/4/18 1:15 pm

What a streak! I am in complete awe.

Amy Liz
on 7/4/18 6:41 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Happy 4th of July!! I wish I could sleep in past 5:30, but I can't... This morning we are going on hike I've never done before but its been on my list for some time. There are SO many beautiful trails around here and I want to hike as many new ones as I can this summer. Afterward do a little shopping, relaxing, BBQ and set off a few little fireworks.

QOTD - Big fireworks are illegal in our city, but we have 'safe and sane' ones that are allowed - small ones that don't shoot into the air. But that doesn't stop anyone. We have some serious fireworks here in our little cul de sac and all over my neighbor hood, hell the whole town goes off. Luckily our dogs and our cat are unfazed by the noise.

Accountability - Great! CAMAW for the win here and for the foreseeable future.

19mo post op - 160.6 yay!!

b-coffee x3, scrambled egg w/ cheese

l-tuna w/olive oil and lemon

d-BBQ/smoked turkey breast

v/l - on track

e - hike, walk, walk, walk

Have a wonderful day - stay cool and safe!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Sheila_H
on 7/4/18 7:23 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all and Happy 4th to American peeps.

We will be going out soon. Our little town is famous for the shortest parade in USA so we all show up to cheer the parade participants. After that there will be bbq and several bands playing at the end of the parade route. You can practically see everybody you know in town. Any other year we would have a party at our house but this year being smack in the middle of the week doesn't work.

QOTD: they are illegal in my county, but one county over you can buy anything you want. DH & DS were up last night making their own. It's enough to go to the cliff in front of my house and look at the beach at night. It becomes like a war zone. The park rangers don't even go down there. You see bonfires every 10 feet and people put up a great firework show, so much for it being illegal. So we just stand at the cliff and watch the show.

Accountability : cals:678 protein:92 carbs:7

B: sausage links

L: bbq at the park

S: epic chicken sriracha

D: tbd

Have a great day everyone and stay safe.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Julia S.
on 7/4/18 7:45 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Working today as I'm a contractor and if I don't work I don't get paid.

The only fireworks legal in Oregon are the ones that do not go into the air. But in Washington and on the Indian Reservations they sell everything so people just go there to buy them. My neighbors have been setting the big ones off for the last 2 nights. I hate the noise it triggers my PTSD. My cat is getting deaf so it doesn't bother him. I'm hoping they won't go until 1am this year as it is the middle of the week, but I don't count on it. Oh well I'll get some sleep tomorrow when I have my EGD.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Megdot582
on 7/4/18 8:11 am
RNY on 04/30/18

Happy 4th menu buddies! Early morning Red Sox game, then a neighborhood 4th parade, and a little ones birthday party...then to top it all my husband is taking me out to dinner tonight and then to his office to watch the fireworks. A full day to be certain. I am a little nervous about eating out but my surgeon has encouraged me to eat out a few times before travelling in two weeks. I agree with the logic, but restaurants in Europe are quite different from here.

Qotd: Fireworks are illegal in most of the cities around here, but there is a lot of unincorporated area, and some of the more rural towns allow them only on the 4th. At our old house we used to get an amazing show just from looking out our bedroom window over the valley and seeing the neighbors set them off.

Accountability: Came in WAY too low yesterday. Missing that morning snack and then running around all day meant I couldn't really slow down to eat as I should. But I hit my water goal and got in all my vitamins.

Bf: 4oz Fage yogurt, 37g Julian Bakery Progranola

MS: 1 Cheese stick, 1/2 oz pork rinds

L: 3 Chicken meatballs in about 1oz of cream of chicken soup

AS: 1 hard boiled egg, 1 slice Dave's Powerseed thin slice, 1T PBFit, 3" banana

D: Either a duck or Sea Bass entree from a local restaurant

No idea yet on calories because of eating out, but I would guess closer to 900 with hopefully 10g protein/100calories. That is the goal but not sure the restaurant lists protein count. 120oz water, all vitamins, possibly no exercise.

Kakesie
on 7/4/18 8:20 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Julia and Menu Family! Happy Independence Day!

QOTD: Some are legal in Nebraska but our family goes to a neighboring state to buy the bigger ones. We had our celebration last night with a big steak dinner and LOTS of huge fireworks similar to what you see at professional shows! (They spent $2,000 on the fireworks! Sheesh!) We had it out at my niece's house in the country and I swear the lightening bugs and the stars in the sky rivaled the fireworks! You can't beat nature!

Accountability Yesterday: Protein - 101, Calories - 1,568, Carbs - 217.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, banana

L: ham & cheese on 45 calorie bread, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: Healthy Choice turkey meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, frozen yogurt.

E: walking Blossom

Have a wonderful & SAFE day everyone!

~ Karen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 154 views