What's on your (4th of July) Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 7/4/18 2:43 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning! I hope all of my American friends are sleeping in and enjoying a rare mid-day week off! How awesome is this for me? First week back to work is a 4 day week with 2 days on and 2 days off. I could get used to this! Today will be low key with some friends and family coming over for a cookout and fireworks later.

We are in the middle of an insane stretch of hot weather in Boston. Apparently it hasn't been this hot for this long since 1912. Yesterday I guess I overdid it with those walks to and from the train station. Then to top it off, the heat caused a lot of delays on the commuter train line, and people were packed wall to wall in the train station, which lost AC. I got home 2 hours late and completely dehydrated. All of my muscles in my legs cramped up and started seizing while I was on the train. AGONY! I drank 3 Propels before bed and I am feeling a lot better this morning.

QOTD: Are fireworks legal where you live? Do you purchase them? They are illegal here in MA, but it's less than an hour to drive over to NH where they are legal, so it's not really a deterrent. But I like all of my limbs, so I have never gotten or used them.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Meggles07
on 7/4/18 4:35 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Today we are getting our couch cleaned (hazards of having puppies lol) and then I have a doctor's appointment. I'm curious because I will get the results from yesterday's ultrasound. The tech kept asking weird questions -- I don't know if she was just making conversation or if she noticed something. Then depending on the heat I will probably pick up a few groceries.

I ate way too much fruit yesterday... Our raspberries ripened over the weekend and I ate them right off the plant. I'm also trying this thing where you eat a few dates every day to help move labour along. I used to only maybe eat one serving of fruit a day and yesterday was at least four or five. Ugh. Lol.

QOTD: Certain fireworks are legal here but the ones regular people can buy are like consumer grade. We can't just buy the big ones used in community displays. I'm not a huge fireworks fan but DH is. You can only light them at certain times on certain holiday weekends. My biggest thing is that I'm glad our two pups aren't scared of the sound. I know so many that get really bad anxiety. We might get a little bark or two but they will usually settle right back down.

Post-op three years and three months.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - egg and pickles

Lunch - toast and PB (this might change)

Snack - cheese and cherries

Dinner - probably zucchini lasagna

Snack - pudding and oatmeal bite

All water and vits.

Librarian67
on 7/4/18 4:40 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning JB and all! Happy 4th to the Americans and Happy Hump Day to everyone else!

I slept in for a while and then did a lie in and petted the cats for a while, but I'm up much earlier than I'd like to be. The body is just used to getting up and so are the cats!

No big plans for today except to go out for brunch later and maybe go to the pool. The cats are really frightened by the fireworks so we will have to medicate them this evening and hope that they don't go on too long. DW and I are off again tomorrow and plan to go to see Incredibles 2. We are both big fans of animated films and loved the first Incredibles so this should be fun.

Accountability: 3 SF popsicles last night to cool off. Not big calories each but they do add up.

Menu: very up in the air depending on what we do and how I feel with the heat.

B1: 6 cashews, 8 baby carrots (leftover from dinner last night), COFFEE!

B2: if we go out, 1/2 spinach-feta omelet

Snack: protein shake

Lunch: 2 TJ's chicken sausages, collards

Snack: protein shake, chomps

Dinner: ?

Exercise: swimming

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

karenp8
on 7/4/18 4:47 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends. Up early as the Nomads work today even though most staff is not here. We'll be painting handrails and doorframes so they can be dry by tomorrow when staff and children are again in the building. Lily and I got 3 miles in this morning and will do more right before the sun goes down unless there is too much fireworks noise to get her to go. She is terrified of the loud noise and hides in the shower in the camper. Accountability was good with almost 12,000 steps andno extra bites. Post op 5 years 10 months and weight at 118.6 today. QOTD fireworks aren't legal in our area and we don't really do them as Lily is terrified. We did do some small ones when the boys were little. Heres todays food B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 1 hot dog 1/2 c salad with ranch on the side D 4 oz ground beef patty with cheese 1/2 c lettuce with raspberry vinegrette dressing S sm apple with 1 T peanut butter. Have a great 4th all and make smart and conscious choices!

Librarian67
on 7/4/18 5:11 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Karen, good for the Nomads in working on the holiday! Stay as cool as you can.

All the best to Lily! Give her lots of kisses and ear scritchies from someone whose fur kids are also terrified of loud noises and who doesn't like them herself! The colors and flashes are pretty, but the booms make me crazy! Sometimes I watch the fireworks on TV with the mute on...lol!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/4/18 10:23 am

I am sure you know that, but if Lilly is scared of fireworks, best if you don't try to walk in early afternoon- evening. Lots of dogs get lost on July 4th, brcabecev even one explosion may freak them out and get away from the owner. That happened 2 years ago to my neighbor. She was walking her lished dog in our subdivision, when there was loud bang, and she got spooked and she run away. Tripping the owner in the process, with a leash still attached to her. It took my nrineigh 2 days to find the doc.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

karenp8
on 7/4/18 1:31 pm - Brighton, IL

Yes I've been walking to and from the work site today to get my steps and will just walk her around the campus this evening.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/4/18 5:11 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I hope you all enjoy your day off. We may go to a friends for a cookout later and maybe a little beach time will be engaged in prior to that. I don't know about going to see the town fireworks. It is hard to get to them then home around here. A friend of ours used to live on the harbor and we would go there for the afternoon and evening, then wait until traffic died down to go home. But she moved more inland (near us) a couple of years ago.

QOTD: Of course fireworks are illegal for us too (Massachusetts), and they scare me so I've never bought them in an adjacent state. Funny story though: DD went with a friend for a weekend to a firework friendly state when she was about 12. When she came home, we took her to the airport to fly out on a visit to her grandmothers. DH was in the security line with her when she suddenly noticed the no firework warning on the sign and ran out of the line. She told DH why and she frantically emptied her pockets of the small fireworks she had purchased over the weekend. DH put them into his pocket at that point. She made it through security okay and DH was leaving the airport when her name was called over the paging system to return to security. DH panics and runs into the bathroom to empty his pockets into the trash, then runs to security. She had just left a bag behind, but what a comedy. They probably didn't have to act so guilty and could just have trashed them calmly, but they weren't thinking clearly at that point.

2 Years, 3 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 19 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli chicken OR Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: protein at cookout

S: possibly cannoli chips and cannoli dip (I have the makings for the party and I probably will have to test them. Might as well plan for that)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Librarian67
on 7/4/18 5:14 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Happy 4th to Justice! I hope that his past life isn't triggered by any neighborhood fireworks.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/4/18 5:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good point. I know there will be some. I hope he isn't scared! Have a great day!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
Recent Topics