What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

JB1114
on 7/18/18 9:57 am - Grain Valley, MO

I tried growing African violets for years and after the initial blooms died, all I ever raised were leaves. I read a novel and the main character grew African violets. She said put them in an East window. Once I did that, I've had beautiful violets.

I would be upset too if someone I left to help out, messed things up.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

NYMom222
on 7/18/18 7:18 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

This room has east west and south windows and skylights ... So I'm covered as long as they don't need a north window

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Writergurl08
on 7/18/18 6:03 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! I saw in the news that the east coast had some pretty gnarly storms. We're supposed to get severe storms today, and I'm concerned about my garden getting beaten down or blown over by wind. Had I paid attention to the weather I could have staked some things down last night but I opted for a lazy indoor evening last night.

I've been writing, and felt inspired so I didn't even go to the gym after work. Straight home to the laptop...where all three of my cats took it in turns to walk across my keyboard all night. Sigh. I love them, but that's a huge reason I've been going to camp out at the Panera down the road. I can order a coffee or tea, and sit at a table for a few hours working and nobody cares :P

Qotd: to my left are a photo of my brother and I, a photo of my husband and I (both pre-WLS), and a framed watercolor painting done by a friend as a Christmas gift to me. The painting is a stylized portrait of me laying on a pile of cushions reading a book, cat in my lap, and mug of tea on the side. Maybe it's a bit weird to have a portrait of myself at my work desk lol.

breakfast: coffee and premier

snack: hard boiled egg with spicy brown mustard

lunch: salad with 2 oz chicken and a yummy homemade lemon basil vinaigrette

snack: sweet mini peppers with habenero veggie yogurt dip.

dinner: crock pot chicken enchiladas (just the filling, no tortillas)

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

catwoman7
on 7/18/18 8:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I know what you mean about cats. No matter where I go in my house, I have a cat wanting to walk across - or nap on - my keyboard. That's another reason I go to coffee shops most mornings...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 7/18/18 9:04 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I love them and realize they just want to be near their people but...really?? Lol. My youngest always wants to play so if I don't pay attention to her she will start attacking my feet under the desk. And if I try locking them all out of the office, they scratch the door, cry, and I see 6 furry paws trying to poke in the gap under the door. I get way less work done when I try to write at home.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Emiepie
on 7/18/18 6:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB, we just are working on hooking up John's old Nintendo and I played Mario Bros over the weekend. It's HOT here and we are getting some smoke from some fires so the air is bad.

Accountability: I added a few snack-y foods throughout the day yesterday. I felt like a bottomless pit. Argh! I need to white knuckle a few days to curb the cravings for the unplanned "extras".

QOTD: A plant, my headset for my phone, stapler, tape dispenser, tissue box, lotion and tic-tacs.

Time since surgery: 3 years 11 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Turkey deli meat, carbmaster cottage cheese, and iced latte bar

D:3 oz smoked brisket, spinach salad (Bleu cheese and Skinnygirl raspberry vinaigrette dressing), banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber this morning and 40 mins of elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1209 Protein:118 Carbs:92 Fat:48

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Maddymoe2
on 7/18/18 8:05 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Where do you find the skinny girl raspberry vinegrette?? It sounds tasty!

Emiepie
on 7/18/18 8:25 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I get it at Walmart. It's only 1.99 and I love it with my spinach and crumbled bleu cheese.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Just4me7
on 7/18/18 6:48 am

Good morning! Yep, sun is showing out.

QOTD co workers desk which is unmanned right now since he's on vacation.

Yesterday cals 683, protein 69, carbs 28, fat 33. Today B 1st tea with half and half then egg and then more tea. L lettuce wrap with Turkey pepperoni and cheese. D TBD. Snacks babybel, deli chicken.

Pamela

Surgery 05-08-18 hw 317, consult wt 278, surgery weight 252. M1 -20, M2-5, M3-8, M4-6

artchikk
on 7/18/18 6:54 am
RNY on 02/12/18

morning everyone!

I am debating whether to go to the support group meeting this Saturday for my surgery center. I haven't been to any since it's always at the most inconvenient time, but I've been messaging with another woman I met on the facebook group and I think it would be nice to meet her and maybe make a new friend- someone going through the same thing. she had surgery about 2 weeks before me.
She said she's been to a couple of the meetings but didn't like them because it was basically just a giant *****fest instead of being actually supportive...so not sure. Maybe we can just make a plan to meet up for coffee or something somewhere.
I was trying to find some of the local people to do a clothing exchange but didn't get much interest. Luckily a lady I work with asked me about my old clothes today so I am going to bring them in for her and her granddaughter to go through.

QOTD: to my left is my desk locker with a bunch of reference notes stuck to it with magnets and all my personal photos on top, mostly of Story...and a little stuffed "Mermacorn" she picked out for me for Christmas.

Morning: coffee w/half caramel Premier
B: 1/2C cottage cheese w/4 sliced up rainier cherries
L: leftover turkey crust pizza
S: string cheese (if needed)
D: garlic Parmesan bacon shrimp w/cauliflower rice

have a wonderful day everyone!

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 67 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 361 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 359 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 303 views