What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 7/21/18 3:40 am

Morning Weekenders!

My week went a little off the rails. Last Tuesday I found out I needed a root canal. When I went in for it on Wednesday , they had to stop part way through and referred me to a surgeon for an emergency extraction. So I was off work a couple of days and now I have to wait for the hole to heal and infection to clear up before they can put in an implant. If I'm being honest, I'm a bit of a whiny baby about the whole thing hahahha.

Im turning forty this year, and **** just got real hahaha.

today is my husbands 40th party. I organized a brewery tour for a bunch of people and after party at a brewery. Should be fun!

qotd: so, how are your teeth? Got em all? Have dentures? Implants? Gappy and happy?

menu:

B: coffee and premier

L/D not sure what the plan is for lunch on the tour, but Dinner is salads and pizza, so I'll have the toppings from a slice and some salad

S packing a protein bar too just in case.

have a good one!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Partlypollyanna
on 7/21/18 4:41 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh my go****hink dental pain is the worst, I had an implant 2 years ago and the whole process was more stressful than the RNY process and recovery, at least for me. I hate the dentist!! Hope you are doing ok and still have a great time at your hubby's bday!

Qotd - other than having my wisdom teeth out in my 30s, I never had any dental issues -- until I got a cavity in one tooth that then turned into a root canal and crown which turned into an extraction and implant two years ago!

Yesterday we walked the highline from one end to the other and back and then saw the second part of the Harry Potter play, it was phenomenal!! I'm headed to Denver today, a friend has a gallery show tonight and I really wanted to be there so I am going to be! I will be glad to get home tomorrow though!

Accountability - I had a bit of a stressful moment yesterday and to get myself resituated, I stepped away to the coffee bar - the double espresso with skim milk helped recenter me but that plus a cucumber tomato salad and a protein shake put me at 35 Carbs so not the best choice.

B - coffee + half and half

s - light and fit yogurt

l - 1oz salami, 1 oz provalone

d - unsure but will be protein or cheese

Excercise will just be any walking I get in today.

Have a fantastic Saturday everyone!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

NYMom222
on 7/21/18 5:23 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Your party for hubby sounds fun! Enjoy

QOTD: I did not have good teeth, have had plenty of root canals and caps. I was getting pockets in my gums. THE BEST THING I did for my dental health was buy a shower breeze off Amazon. Basically it's a water pik/dental irrigator/water flosser that attaches to your shower head. Game changer. I have been using over 10 years, I no longer have pockets in my gums. At one point I hadn't gone for a cleaning for like 6 years, and the dental hygienist said I barely had any plaque build up. I do it every time I get in the shower and any mess stays in the shower. They also have a version for your faucet.

Oral Breeze

Bored with my food :/ did make some curried lentils and kale this week.

B: overnight oats, latte

L: salmon, spinach

D: chicken and veg tbd

S: protein, Greek yogurt

ex: gym. Swimming

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Maddymoe2
on 7/21/18 6:00 am
RNY on 11/22/16

I saw your pictures you on Dr. Micheals IG post. Amazing!!!

NYMom222
on 7/21/18 7:59 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Awww.. Thank you!

Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

Save

Save

Amy Liz
on 7/21/18 6:26 am
RNY on 11/21/16

OMG - MUST HAVE THIS!! I use a cordless water pik in the shower daily but I have to fill it and charge it every few days and while it's 1000 times better than the counter model mess, it's still a pain.

This is happening - going in my amazon cart!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

NYMom222
on 7/21/18 7:58 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Literally takes like 5 minutes to install.

Save

Save

catwoman7
on 7/21/18 7:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'll look into that - that would be great!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Kakesie
on 7/21/18 5:27 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Erin and Menu Family!

So sorry about your tooth, Erin. I hope you feel better soon.

Saralisa is home from Royal Family Kids' Camp. She had a great (and busy) week with her two 6-year old girls. One of her girls, Ellen, is up for adoption, so say some prayers that she finds her forever home.

Today we get to pick up our new rescue dog, Sophie, at the animal shelter! I'm so excited!

QOTD: When I was in the 4th grade I cracked a front tooth sledding when my sled hit a dry spot where a car had been parked and suddenly stopped and I kept going and hit the curb with my mouth. The dentist tried to save the tooth but finally had to pull it, so I had a removable front tooth for many years. When I was an adult I had a permanent bridge made. I have some fillings in my back teeth and had braces when I was a kid, but besides those things my teeth are fine.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 126, Calories - 1,370, Carbs - 150.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: ham & cheese on 45 calorie bread, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: Healthy Choice turkey meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, banana, light & fit Greek yogurt, frozen yogurt

E: walking Blossom

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~ Karen

Librarian67
on 7/21/18 5:40 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning weekenders!

Erin, I am so sorry for your dental troubles! I have had dental problems since I was getting my adult teeth. My mouth is too small for all of the adult teeth to come in, so I've had traumatic dental visits for MANY years. Also when I was in the 8th grade, I had an accident and smashed 3 of my front teeth out and had to have my mouth wired shut for weeks. They were fixed but really need to be totally replaced because the repair is old and wasn't very good to begin with. It will be really expensive so I keep putting it off. Fortunately only 2 of my wisdom teeth ever surfaced and needed to come out. I do love my current dentist and go for regular cleanings and check ups. I am still working on getting one of my lower teeth fixed though. It was a cavity that became a root canal and then abscessed and had to be pulled and then after the infection cleared, I had the implant put in. I go back in a few weeks to have the temporary crown put in and then in another month I get the permanent crown. What a mess!

The short version is that I feel your pain and whine all you want!

Happy 40th to DH! Have fun!

We are going to the theater to see Hotel Transylvania 3 this afternoon. We are really excited because we love cartoons. I will sneak in some meat treats so I don't miss the popcorn too much.

My session with the trainer yesterday really whipped my @$$. He has been trying out different things to see what I need to work on and he really hit it this time! He even had me do hanging crunches and I thought I'd die! But yeah for me, I kept at it, one at a time, and I made it. I'm really glad that I decided to do this. It is really pushing me to work hard.

Menu:

Breakfast: ham, swiss cheese

Snack: protein shake

Lunch: not sure when/what we will have around the movie

Snack: Stryve beef biltong

Dinner: Chicken-Beef kabob

Exercise: I'd like to get in a swim this afternoon

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Most Active
Recent Topics