drinking after surgery

hollykim
on 10/25/18 6:36 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 23, 2018 at 4:22 PM Pacific Time, ltmlip wrote:

I just have to say thank you. This website is amazing. I had tears reading the tragedy that came to some of your friends. It is so good of you to share your stories and friends stories, so everyone knows what they are getting into. We are all adults and have to make our own decisions but this post has educated me and I will think twice before I take my first drink. After all I have done to get to where I am, for me, it's just not worth it.

you are very smart, unlike some people.

Kathy S.
on 10/23/18 1:54 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I am sure I could say ditto to all the comments. Just search alcohol here on the boards and it's scary. As a matter of fact I did the search for you.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/?q=alcohol

Good luck to you

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

bluebutterfly17
on 10/23/18 5:16 pm
RNY on 09/17/18

Not sure if people read the thread correctly but I'm not asking for myself. I have never been a drinker nor do I plan on becoming one. I was simply asking based on a discussion I was having with a friend of mine.

With hard work comes results

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/24/18 9:59 am

You sound exactly as I did right after my surgery, or even before. I never thought it would become an issue for me. Knowing that alcohol can be an issue later on, did not discouraged me from taking the first or even second drink.

Until this year - I realized that my drinking was out of control. Not the first time in my 10 years post op.

I would drink socially, then realized I may be heading for trouble, tested it but not drinking. so i was under impression that I can control my drinking. Until earlier this year. That's why I just stopped slowly. Detoxed from drinking, and left that behind me. I am not sure how much damage I caused to my body, because I was delusional that I can control that.

As a matter of fact, my friend story scared me to pieces. She also had RNY, and got stopped after dinner with friends. She did not drink much, not she felt drank, yet she got DUI. She probably is going to lose her job, including insurance. Very high price to pay for a glass of wine.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Gina 21 Years Out
on 10/25/18 5:44 am - Burleson, TX

HALA - exactly this !!!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Kathy S.
on 10/24/18 10:50 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I can see it from your point of view that everyone lost their minds in their replies. It's just those of us that have been here for a long time have seen it go BAD.... I hope you will share what we have said here with your friend and the best to you always!!!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Gina 21 Years Out
on 10/25/18 5:46 am - Burleson, TX

I respectfully disagree...

I did not "lose my mind". I spoke from the heart, as I try always to do...

If I didn't CARE, about paying it forward, I would have left OH, when Facebook came along

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

hollykim
on 10/25/18 6:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 24, 2018 at 5:50 PM Pacific Time, Kathy S. wrote:

I can see it from your point of view that everyone lost their minds in their replies. It's just those of us that have been here for a long time have seen it go BAD.... I hope you will share what we have said here with your friend and the best to you always!!!

really, Kathy, you can see how ppl lost their minds? And how long have you been on this site?

how many posts have you seen about transfer addiction? Why are you brown nosing this poster?

seattledeb
on 10/25/18 5:24 pm

Really Kathy? You don't make bad posts. This one is so off the mark. I do not appreciate this at all.

bluebutterfly17
on 10/29/18 6:27 am
RNY on 09/17/18

People didn't read the initial post carefully and thought they had a right to begin attacking. Not that I was speaking or asking because I was ready to drink but even if I was, it's not for people to pass judgement.

Giving your opinion is one thing but them judging is another. All the people here were obese at some point so they didn't have everything altogether as they try to preach about now. Don't throw stones when you've lived or live in a glass house.

And the people that simply shared their stories without passing judgement, I thanked them because that's what should be done. I shared the information with my friend and he stands by his decision. No surgery cause he can't drink. It's his decision and we've (family and friends) have tried to help him but it's his life and we can''t force him to do otherwise. I thank you for your post and for seeing my point of view.

With hard work comes results

Most Active
Recent Topics