What's on your Sunday menu RNYers?

Maddymoe2
on 10/28/18 12:31 pm
RNY on 11/22/16

Happy Anniversary Cassie!ð?'?

Au_Contraire
on 10/28/18 2:01 pm

Happy Anniversary, Cassie! Your wedding photo is beautiful. Both you and your husband have gorgeous eyes!

LuckyLoser
on 10/28/18 8:28 am - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

Good morning everyone:

The windy, monsoon rains have finally stopped! But, it's a gloomy, cold Sunday -- a good day to stay in bed. But, I promised myself I would go to work and catch up on some documentation. So here I am in a nice, empty, quiet office. I just have to psyche myself into getting to work. I promised my dog I would be home before dark so we could get in another long walk today -- that means by 3 PM, so I better start hustling. (It feels a little odd posting here on a full-size computer. I usually post on my phone. Everything is sooooo big!)

QOTD: I have never gone thrift shopping. We did not have much money when I was growing up, but I never felt like we were poor. When I was growing up, I got hand-me-downs from my sister, who is 3 years older than me and a cousin, who is 2 years older than me. By Junior High and High School, my mother sewed simple skirts and she would buy blouses and sweaters -- this was back in the Dark Ages when we were not allowed to wear pants to school. My sister and I were able to wear the same clothes even though she was tall and thin like my father's side of the family and I was short and stocky like my mother's side of the family. (Skirts are very forgiving; we could never wear the same pants.) By the end of High School, my sister and I were each working and we would buy our own clothes. In my college and graduate school years, I mostly wore jeans and T-shirts or flannel shirts. Since starting my career, I have had to conform and wear professional clothes. I became MO in my late 30's. I was always fortunate enough to find what I needed online in plus sizes. I don't like to shop in stores. Also in the Dark Ages, dressing rooms were communal and I hated to try on clothes in front of lots of skinny people. The challenge has come with my recent weight loss because of the rapid changes in weight and body shape. Now, I buy less jackets and I stick with sweaters (cost less and the size lasts longer). I mostly focus on having a few pairs of pants in the correct size. (Having my pants fall down at work is against the Hospital Dress Code.) No dresses right now until I reach my goal weight. Macy's has been my godsend. Everything is bought on sale, usually with an extra 20% to 25% off coupon. Delivery is usually free and fast.

MEALS FOR TODAY:

Breakfast: nonfat milk, SF chocolate syrup, protein powder

Snack: L&F Greek yogurt

Lunch: (not the best meal, but a craving) turkey hot dog and 2 tbsp. vegetarian reduced fat baked beans

Snack: Low-fat cheese slices; 4 Water Wheel brand Wafer Thin Poppy Seed Crackers (I just found these)

Dinner: Chili with melted low-fat cheese on top

---Joyce

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

Au_Contraire
on 10/28/18 2:04 pm

"Having my pants fall down at work is against the Hospital Dress Code"

Thanks, Joyce, for a good laugh!

Au_Contraire
on 10/28/18 1:09 pm, edited 10/28/18 9:48 am

Wonderful photos, Janet! You look very slim and colorful sitting there in the cold! Love the photo of you and your DW, too! Nice that you visited the Brandywine museum. My last important love relationship was with a member of the Wyeth family.

it's chilly and misty on the island today, with intermittent light rain. Beautiful though!

I bought myself a jacket at Macy's earlier this week. I had seen it online and was in the neighborhood, so I went in and tried it on, but didn't buy it until it went on sale a couple of days ago. I bought it online. It's a casual, slim, quilted jacket with velvet trim, very warm and very fitted, which I like, because it makes me feel svelte, which I love to feel! I opted for a very, very dark blue rather than black, because though I have been wearing primarily black for the past 30 years (at least!), I was feeling tired and hungry when I tried it on, and the black seemed to exacerbate that visually, draining color from my face and emphasizing my pallor (and I am a very pale-skinned redhead to begin with). If I was younger this could have looked romantic and striking, but unfortunately at my age I just looked worn out! The blue is so dark it's almost black anyway, so it will go with my wardrobe, and it is softer against my coloring. And it's "weatherproof", with a hood, so it should be perfect for long dog walks on even rainy days. I am going to sew in a beautiful black fox fur trim on the hood. I saved the fur from an old jacket that I no longer have.

I also just ordered myself a new belt - I like belts. I was wearing a very old one with a favorite skirt when I realized it was staining the fabric around the waist black! I tried to remove the stain but couldn't, and hope that the dry cleaner will do a better job, because I love that skirt (even though it's dry clean only). Anyway I ordered this new belt online from Talbots. It is a simple reversible belt, chestnut brown on one side and black on the other, nice looking leather, 1" wide, with gold hardware. I look forward to wearing it! I found it hard to determine which size to get because the lengths stated seemed so large - even taking into account the buckle and extra bit of belt which you thread through the buckle. Anyway, I hope the size I settled on it fits and won't turn out to be too mini. But I am also not at goal yet, and will go a bit below it, so it should be fine and I expect it will fit even now.

I continue to hydrate and have been rewarded with another drop on the scale! I really believe that the scale climb I experienced earlier this week was due to dehydration. So glad that that is reversing!

QOTD: I prefer to buy brand new clothes, but am fine with buying as-new and new with tags items from Thredup and Swap. I haven't bought much from either, though. Swap is less expensive, but its photos are often too dark and details are harder to see. Also, if the clothing they show is all wrinkled, it is an automatic no! from me. But I do enjoy browsing these online thrift sites. I haven't visited any local thrift stores up here or, really, in just about forever. But I'm willing! Also, I have a ton of clothes from before I became so obese, most of which are classic enough to be enjoyed now, though a few look too dated. I had an extremely limited wardrobe at the height of my obesity. Nothing fit, and what did fit didn't look good. I remember needing to buy a winter coat for a visit back east at Christmastime. I ordered, and sent back, three or four coats, all of which made me look like a cross between a grizzly and a linebacker. Finally I bought an inexpensive wool coat which fit, but nothing could have made me look good in it. I'm so so grateful not to feel that way any longer.

First: tea, tea, and more tea! I just about floated away last night with all that tea, but was rewarded by the scale this morning, so tons of tea it is!

B: a skinless rotisserie chicken thigh, and .3 oz of smoked gouda

L: tuna with lemon

D: eggs

S: if necessary, another tuna

Have a wonderful and relaxing Sunday, my friends!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 145 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views