What's on your Sunday menu RNYers?

Librarian67
on 10/28/18 5:03 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning everyone!

I'm sitting at my laptop in a hotel in Kennett Square, PA (southwest of Philly). DW and I braved the cold, rainy & windy weather yesterday to go to Longwood Gardens again, this time for the Chrysanthemum Festival. It was also the last weekend of the Pumpkin Garden, so we met my folks there for a few hours. I've included a few pics since I missed Photo Friday.

We also spent a few hours at the Brandywine River Art Museum that has many paintings by the 3 Wyeths. It was a nice time.

QOTD: Do you thrift? When I was growing up, I was always dressed in either hand-me-downs or in dresses that my grandmother made for me. I was SO embarrassed and ashamed that I didn't have new clothes from the store like all my classmates. However, in the 80s, I would hit the thrift stores for men's clothes to alter into fashionable outfits. Once I had an income though, I swore that I'd never wear used clothes again!

With the rapid weight loss after RNY, I couldn't afford to change my entire wardrobe every month without some thrift shopping. Now I'm addicted to clothes and to thrifting. I still buy some things like most of my pants and some on sale basics from Kohls and JCP, but I find with careful shopping at the local stores and online (Swap.com), I can get brand new high end clothes for very little $$. That said, I always buy my undergarments, socks, etc. new...ooooh!

I had a few BLTs (a few bites of a pumpkin sugar cookie) and I was low on protein but not bad for being out of my routine and away from home.

Menu:

B: HB eggs, 1/2 cup plain oatmeal

S: protein shake, chomps

L: TJ's chicken sausages, baby carrots

S: ?

D: leftover chicken breast

Exercise: I'd like to get in a run but this may be an off day and back at it hard tomorrow.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Partlypollyanna
on 10/28/18 5:19 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, you look cold!! Lovely, but cold!

i am up early to get ready to head home. I am looking forward to getting home and relaxing a bit, although I will have so much to do when I get there!

QoTD - I want to thrift, but we grew up relatively poor and a lot of my clothes came from SA/GW and due to my mother's issues, shopping was always always a painful process. Now, I go into one of the stores and I feel my blood pressure go up and I start to get anxious. I have the same issue at used bookstores but that is because so many of them are not organized and less about mommy dearest. (Yes, I've seen someone about my issues!)

Accountability - spot on. It was a tough day though because of all the party goodies, I was glad I planed for an extra yogurt!

Menu today is up in the air - I know there will be a L&F because i just ate it and in half an hour there will be coffee with half and half but outside of that not sure. I will think of something to make in the instant pot when I get home, maybe do my pepperoncini and roast in it or some chicken taco chunks.

hope you all have a fantastic Sunday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

yvonnef1964
on 10/28/18 5:22 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

The hayride was fun last night but it was really cold after the sun went down. I stood by the fire most of the time.

Ill go see my dad today and church this morning.

Qotd I do sometimes. My SIL gave me a lot of clothes to wear while I was losing weight since she had bariatric surgery herself and had a lot of different sizes until I got to a steady weight.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and English muffin

L tuna and cottage cheese

D steak and carrots

Maddymoe2
on 10/28/18 5:37 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Love the pictures Janet!

Kakesie
on 10/28/18 6:01 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Janet and Menu Family!

Awesome pictures, Janet! DW and you look very happy!

QOTD: I LOVE getting things for a bargain. I am addicted to our local Dollar Auction and I get all kinds of good stuff for only a dollar or a few $ depending on what it is. I buy a lot of clothes from Swap.com, too. I was very fortunate when growing up that we were able to buy new clothing, but now that I'm on Disability, money is tight and I love saving money wherever I can. I just wish they had a thrift shop for groceries! LOL! Darn groceries are expensive!

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 86, Calories - 1,350, Carbs - 181.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana

L: 160 calorie meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: hamburger, light & fit Greek yogurt

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana

Have an awesome day everyone!

~ Karen

Maddymoe2
on 10/28/18 6:16 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone. Its soggy and wet here in the PNW. I slept with my bedroom window open. I love hearing the rain.

Yesterday was a great day in the woods. We got some really cute pictures and laughed a lot. It was fun to sit around the fire and eat soup. It has been the best birthday weekend.

QOTD- I grew up poor. Actually, my parents weren't poor, they just would rather spend their money on drugs. I had an older cousin and she always gave me her old clothes. I was always so grateful. I enjoy garage sales now and some thrift stores. I love a good deal on the clearance racks too.

Accountability- I ate bread and brie yesterday.

Food for today-

black coffee with miralax

bacon, red pepper, onion and egg scramble

smoked chicken sausage with peppers

chicken something, I just pulled it out of the freezer

I really need to up my water today. I did not drink enough yesterday.

Vitamins on track

Au_Contraire
on 10/28/18 1:47 pm

I'm so glad that your birthday weekend has been fun! Enjoy the rest of it!

catwoman7
on 10/28/18 6:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

I think today is the day that we'll need to take my 19-year-old cat in to be euthanized. I was hoping we could wait until Monday or Tuesday to have my regular vet do it, but I can't let her suffer like this. She's been picking at her food for a few days now. The vet had us try insulin as a last ditch effort (her glucose IS high...but she's on so many other drugs and so near the end of her life that it wasn't suggested earlier), so we've been doing that for the last three days or so, but if anything, she's just gotten worse. She usually sleeps with us, but last night she was in the closet all night, and this morning, she won't come out of the closet at all. In fact, when we try to pet her, she just burrows back further behind the clothes. I think it's time...

Too many calories the last two days because of eating out, so I have to really buckle down or I'll be sorry. Shouldn't be hard today since I'm going to be pretty upset...

QOTD: oh yes - I probably get a majority of my clothes at secondhand places. When I was SMO, I got SOME of them there, but most I had to get online. It's sort of hard to find 4x-5x sizes otherwise, and choices are limited unless you buy online. But I got used to going to secondhand places while losing, and I'm still getting stuff there (other than underwear, swimsuits, socks....and sometimes leggings). I hate paying even $20 for something now - let alone $50 or more!

3 years 4 months out:

B: L&F yogurt

MS: coffee with half & half, Miralax/protein shake

L: maybe some leftover steak salad

AS: baby carrots and hummus

D: something with chicken

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

LuckyLoser
on 10/28/18 7:52 am - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. It's such a difficult decision to make. I'm sure she had a wonderful 19 years with you.

---Joyce

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

catwoman7
on 10/28/18 11:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

we made the appt at the emergency vet for 10:00 am, but then she emerged from the closet and actually ate a little food. Then she got up on the bed. I gave her some ondansetron (Zofran) since she was licking her lips (a sign of nausea in cats). So maybe it's safe to let her hang on for another day so I can take her over to our regular vet clinic. I'd rather they do it, but if she gets really bad again, I'll take her over to the emergency clinic today. They're open 24/7. I won't let her suffer. She ate a little more about 10 minutes ago and she's been on and off the bed this morning- so I think it might be ok to let her hang on a little longer. Either way, I think she's pretty close to the end, but if she's eating and walking around, she's most likely not to the suffering stage yet.

she did get her chlorambucil last night (she has really severe IBD - they give that to cats with otherwise uncontrollable IBD - or G/I lymphoma), so she could have been reacting to that this morning. She occasionally does have a rough 24 hours or so after getting that (not always, but sometimes). I'll just monitor her all day. I'll take her in if things head south again.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 70 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 245 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 259 views