What's on your Saturday Menu RNY'ers?

peachpie
on 12/1/18 3:30 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning all!! I needed to post today because some head games were working thier magic with me yesterday.

It's the first day of December, 24 left till Christmas! This year I'm going to go to my jobs Christmas party-- I've never gone before because of the cost and would needed to hire a a baby sitter in the past. Got start living more out of my shell!

So the head games- yesterday was our anniversary and we got dolled up. My first choice of outfit didn't fit. It's a skirt that was probably a fluke to fit in the first place-- and quiet frankly a little too young for me now. Rationally, I known every article of clothing I bought since losing weight will not fit for all eternity for a number of reasons. But it messed with my head bad. I felt fluffy the whole night and didn't feel like I was as dressed as my hubby. So of course my mind is determined to lose 10#. I know I can-- but sigh-- it all just never ends.

Qotd: what weird pet habit do your pets have? So our new cat Cabon is a scavenger. If we leave any pot, pan, plate out, he licks it clean. It's not food - but just the remnants of what was cooked or eaten. He's gained quiet a bit since coming home, I'm not sure how to end this habit of his. Ideas??

Weight is hanging around 213, 3.7 years out

m1: egg, ham, cheese sticks

m2: leftovers from dinner last night- steak medallions

m3: to be determined

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/1/18 4:41 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Peach, animals love to lick human food. Other than keeping them away I don't think there is much you can do. Keeping cats away can sometimes be accomplished by spraying them with water, but cats are so naturally curious and independent thinking that it can be really difficult to deter them from something.

QOTD: Justice loves to pee on any planted ferns around here. Even if he has already been drained dry, he has to mark them. But we are in a park with a lot of dogs so I think they may all do that hence contributing to the appeal (yuck).

Accountability: CAMAW went down the tubes yesterday with the arrival of 3 dozen homemade chocolate chip cookies in the mail. I think I'm bringing a dozen or so to our party tonight to get rid of them!!!

2 Years 8 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: deli chicken and cottage cheese

D: shrimp

S: homemade cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

peachpie
on 12/1/18 6:22 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

It all so different to me because our other cat showed zero interest in human food (or humans for that matter...). This cat even naps in the dogs crate-- poor dog is so confused lol.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/1/18 6:38 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

My son's new cat sounds a lot like yours.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 12/1/18 3:15 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

we have some who love to sleep in the cat carriers. The same cat carriers that they're terrified of when it's time to go to the vet. I don't get it...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 12/1/18 4:55 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!!

headed out in a few for a sunrise yoga class, so just a drive-by for now.

Peach - I've pulled out a lot of hair trying to train cats not to do (or to do) certain things, and oftentimes it just doesn't work. For example, we have one that constantly knocks things off the table and kitchen counters - so I finally just quit putting things there that I didn't want knocked off. In your case, you might just have to wash the pans immediately after using them to get him to stop. We have one who licks my Instant Pot pan after I make yogurt (and Tupperware things that have had yogurt in them, too). I just let him lick them now (as long as there's nothing in there that's salvageable!!) - if there was some reason he couldn't (e.g. weight issues or something in there that was bad for cats), I'd just have to wash them out right away. Otherwise, there was no stopping him....

QOTD: the aforementioned cat managed to take all the insulation off our basement pipes when we first got him. It was that stuff that looked like swimming noodles. We'd put them back on, and he'd just take them off again. Luckily, we have a heated basement, so at some point we just threw up our hands and gave up. I guess we'll get new ones and re-insulate after he kicks the bucket.

3 years 5 months out:

B: protein shake, coffee with half & half

Brunch: meeting friends at the cafe in our yoga studio after class. Probably more coffee and something protein-forward

AS: yogurt or protein pumpkin pie

D: not sure. Turkey if there's any left over!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

karenp8
on 12/1/18 5:01 am - Brighton, IL

I'm right there with you in the head games,peachpie. At over six years post op I've had my first regain. Originally it was 8 pounds but it's come down some since I faced it head on and stopped the snacking and eating out. The more I think about it the more it makes me want to eat everything in sight. No wonder I ended up needing surgery--my mind is such a messed up place! All my pets have weird habits maybe that says something too! My female cat,Leia wakes you several times by head butting you to get under the covers. Her brother Luke tries to run outside nearly every time I go out the front door. But he only runs around the house and comes immediately to the back door and meows to come in. And then there's Miss Lily our 9 year old boxer who was rescued from a puppy mill where she was in a cage so small all she could do was turn around. She has too many weird habits to mention. When she gets excited to see someone or do something she jumps and spins and looks like a rabid puppy. Shes scared to death of thunder and lightening and when it storms her safe place is the shower. Just two examples,but you get the picture! Weight today 126.4 and accountability was on track yesterday. I got 11,225 steps in too! Here's today's eats B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L grilled nuggets and coffee from ChikFilet D 4 ozs of salmon--haven't had fish in forever! Have a great day full of smart choices everyone!

Partlypollyanna
on 12/1/18 8:26 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I love that your cats are Luke and Leia.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Writergurl08
on 12/1/18 5:57 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! I'm up early because of one of my cats quirks--insistence on 5:30 AM breakfast! I can sometimes go back to bed on weekends but sometimes she then thinks it's play time.

im going out to lunch with my cousin and then we're going makeup shopping. Here's a question: for those who have gotten their makeup professionally done for an event, do you generally provide your own makeup? I was under the impression that the makeup artist used their own supplies and just used disposable sponges and such? But I've only ever had my makeup done once before for my wedding and it was a friend (she's a MUA) and that's what she did. Anyway, I wear minimal makeup normally and it's just drugstore brand stuff, so I feel like I need to go buy new better makeup. Which is fine, I probably needed new stuff anyway. I just feel like now I'm paying for her to do the makeup and then also buying makeup so it's turning into a pricy event!

Qotd: my cats have very insistent internal clocks. One needs breakfast at 5:30, another needs to have bedtime snuggles no later than 10 or she gets really vocal and annoying, and they all require belly rubs and treats as soon as either of us get one from work. I have managed to train them to stay off kitchen counters and tables...at least when we're home. I feel like they still jump up when we're gone. Sneaky jerks.

Breakfast: black coffee

lunch: likely Panera, and I'm going to break AMAW for some soup, but I'll choose the most protein forward/low carb variety offered today.

Dinner: I'm slow cooking chicken in the crockpot, but haven't really decided what I'll do with it. Throw some AMAW friendly ideas at me :P

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

peachpie
on 12/1/18 6:21 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

So I've never had my make up done at MAC or Sephora etc-- so I'm not totally sure. Personally I'd want to bring my own brushes etc, since I know they are clean. I have a grand variety of brushes though- if you don't you may have to yield to what she wants to get the job done. I detest disposable makeup supplies (except for sponges-- they save a lot of time cleaning). My opinion is a true MUA can make drug store brands work. I have a mix of drug store brands and High end stuff- I'm not committed to any one brand. But I do think there is an expectation to buy something. I just wouldn't let it be the brushes etc- because you can get good ones really inexpensive.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?