What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Partlypollyanna
on 12/15/18 3:18 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning all, I've been up for a few hours and thought I'd give us a start off. Yes, I said a few hours even though it's only 4 am here!

I have to wrap a couple things and go to the UPS store to get then in the mail this morning, I have a massage and then a late afternoon holiday open house. Should be a good day...since I've been up so long, wondering if I can sneak in a nap after the massage, lol.

QOTD - what's your favorite App (on your phone, tablet, laptop)? I rely pretty heavily on baritastfic and MFP, I love goodreads, twitter and Words with Friends. I have a love/hate with Facebook - almost every week I think about deleting it but I love the ease it gives me to keep in touch with my family in Australia and my friends around the world.

Accountability - - I went to a little holiday party last night; it was fun. I had a couple of cookies, they were good.

Then I didn't feel great so I came home and went to bed; about 2 am woke up sweating, shaky and blurry vision. Got up to get something to drink and thought, hmm, maybe should check my blood sugar which turned out to be 42. No more cookies for me.

Menu today

I'm feeling pretty yuck so far this morning so I think it's going to be a lighter food day

1 coffee + half and half and then switch to tea a nice mint tea

B - protein shake

L - deli roast beef

D - deli chicken

ES - L&f greek

Have a good saturday all -- stay on the course!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

NYMom222
on 12/15/18 5:31 am
RNY on 07/23/14

The Blood Sugar Chronicles.. can always be interesting.

My car repair news wasn't good. Won't get my car bac****il Wednesday. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. I was waiting for the news yesterday and cooking healthy snacks. Oy.

GI Doc gave me a prescription medicine to try for constipation instead of my usual regimen. I was waiting for a day I wasn't going out in the morning to try as it's supposed to work quickly. Well it didn't work and gave me such abdominal cramping and bloating I'm still in pain today. Actually pulled out my industrial compression garment from PS I haven't worn in 2 years to try and ease the pain.

B: Fairlife latte overnight oats and protein

L: veggie soup with added chicken

D: leftover steak, mushrooms and onion

S: rice cake w/yogurt cream cheese, protein

ex: gym - I think my neighbor will take me

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Partlypollyanna
on 12/15/18 12:23 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

This was my first time going off the rails and I'll be on the straight and narrow for a while because that was no fun. Once again, I owe a debt to this board because at least I knew right away what was going on and how to address.

Hope you are feeling a bit more comfortable by now!

Jen

Writergurl08
on 12/15/18 5:44 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I'm up after a late night-LinkedIn's holiday party was last night and it was insane. The theme was "open bar Under The Big Top." They had loud music, dancing, circus-themed food stations, and circus performances in the center of the room which was set up like a circus ring. Those were AMAZING! We left early because I don't know a lot of people yet and a lot of Jeremy's friends didn't go. Also, the open bar was making people rowdy (in a fun way, not a scary way) and that's just not really our scene. I invited my cousin as my plus one since I was her plus one to Google's party last week :)

qotd: probably my Fitbit app, and then maybe Facebook, but I feel the same way about it. Humbug!

breakfast: coffee, then maybe a yogurt. I desperately need to go to the store as I'm not even sure we have yogurt.

lunch: I have some leftover buffalo wings we ended up ordering last night

dinner: meatballs and homemade marinara. I'm going to try them with some edamame pasta I found. The pasta has 21g of carbs per serving, 12g of fiber, and 24g of protein. I don't generally go by "net carbs" only total, but I thought the stats were decent enough to try for a once in a while pasta craving.

Pics below of some of the performances, DH's themed outfit, and our characature from an artist there.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Au_Contraire
on 12/15/18 11:43 am

The party looks amazing!

Partlypollyanna
on 12/15/18 12:24 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

How fun! The caricature is adorable too.

Jen

karenp8
on 12/15/18 5:53 am - Brighton, IL

Yes that is my response to cookies too. And we used to be best friends.

Partlypollyanna
on 12/15/18 12:25 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Sometimes we have to leave the toxic friends behind, lol. They were almond-cranberry-ginger and I should have resisted.

Jen

yvonnef1964
on 12/15/18 5:53 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Getting ready to go to the plasma center but I thought I post before I got busy.

Must of been the night of tummy troubles, I was having bad cramping and couldn't go for awhile but it finally happened. I had couple of quest bars yesterday and the fiber must of been to much.

Qotd Facebook, Words with Friends, word connect, word escape, MFP and instagram.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L chicken tenders

D turkey

Have a good day

Partlypollyanna
on 12/15/18 12:28 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I have to check out word escape, it sounds fun.

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 380 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 500 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 570 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 292 views
Recent Topics