What's on your Christmas Menu RNY'ers?

peachpie
on 12/25/18 2:59 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I'm up early with nothing to do so I figured I'd start. Merry Christmas all, or happy____ (fill in what you celebrate). I hope everyone enjoys this day in whatever ways it makes it special to them.

We have no family visiting so it's just the four of us. I'm sure we'll stop by the in-laws later on. I will do a short run today- maybe after opening presents. Only other plan I have is to read.

Qotd: Year in review-- is there something- in hindsight- you would have done differently this year if you had the chance? Me: i would not have driven over a glass bottle that caused me to replace my tire...grrr. I would take my son to have his hair professionally locked (I HATE how it looks!!) I would have taken the vacation in November and dealt with the flight headaches. I'm pleased nothing weight related is on my list- I regret nothing in that regard. Doesn't mean I'm perfect- just mean I've acceoted where I am and the work it takes to keep me there.

No weight- not up. 3.7 years out

m1: egg, cheese stick, bacon and homemade donuts

m2: ham/cheese/chicken open face sandwich

m3: roast/turkey rice & peas and yams

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

MJSpencer
on 12/25/18 3:41 am
VSG on 03/29/18

Good Morning and Merry Christmas.

I hope no one minds me dropping over from the VSG forum.

It is the end of Christmas day here for me (Western Australia).

I had my son and his family for breakfast. Made a baked egg, bread, cheese and ham breakfast casserole off pinterest plus bacon. First time I have made that and it was yum. Plus a baked custard danish (store bought).

Then my daughter and her family came for lunch. My ex picked up my elderly father and bought him up for the day. It was his first Christmas without my mum in 50 + years so you could tell he was a little sad even though he tried not to show it.

As it is our summer and was quiet hot we set up a couple of blow up pools for the kids and had everything for lunch cold with salads: ham, turkey, chicken, and of course prawns (I believe you all call them shrimp) and a pavlova for desert.

QOTD: I regret that I'm the one up late every Christmas Eve after work cooking all the hot stuff so we can eat it cold the next day lol

But looking back there is nothing I really regret. I would have to probably say not making more me time. I was going to start yoga and kept putting it off and now the year has gone. As well as get some scuba diving done as I've done none since certified in October 2016 ****ep telling myself I need to plan a tropical holiday for that again as we have great whites off our coast) Oh well 2019 is almost here.

Have a lovely Christmas everyone.

NYMom222
on 12/25/18 5:55 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Merry Christmas and drop over anytime... we have some VSG regulars here.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

karenp8
on 12/25/18 6:41 am - Brighton, IL

You're welcome to join in here anytime. Some of our most faithful posters are from the VSG board. After all,we're all fighting the same battle.

Librarian67
on 12/25/18 6:46 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Welcome and glad you came by!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Writergurl08
on 12/25/18 4:30 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! Christmas is always chaotic for me--my family is huge so we are driving to my hometown where we are making 4 different stops to celebrate Christmas. My mom is having a breakfast casserole for Christmas morning, then visiting my great grandma in the nursing home, then my maternal grandparents are having a casual lunch of ham and turkey sandwiches, and finally my paternal side is having dinner. I'm the least excited for them as it's guaranteed to be DRAMA.

qotd: at 10 months out and losing slowly, I'm constantly looking back and analyzing if I could have been doing something better to have lost more than I have by now. Non-weight related is that I wish I had carved more time out for writing.

Menu: it's christmas, but I'm really going to try to limit my grazing on relish trays. My family doesn't do a lot of sweets, since most are diabetic, so it will be easy to avoid.

breakfast: some kind of breakfast casserole. I'll drink coffee on the hour and a half drive up.

lunch: sandwich meat, likely some veggies from a relish tray.

dinner: no idea what's being served

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Partlypollyanna
on 12/25/18 6:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all enjoy the day however you spend it! I will spend the morning on the phone and the rest of the day reading (Empire of Sand) and watching movies/tv shows (the first two episodes of A Discovery of Witches for sure) and just not feeling obliged to do anything I don't choose.

accountability - I had some ginger snaps yesterday. Way too many and spent the rest of the day not feeling well.

qotd - I regret those ginger cookies. Otherwise, I don't believe in focusing on regret - learn, make changes, do better -- that's all we can do.

Today I will make the turkey and goat cheese sweet potatoes, I will actually make them early for my meals for the day. For now, I've just had coffee.

enjoy your day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

NYMom222
on 12/25/18 6:07 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Peachpie you are too much popping in here on Christmas.

Thank you for the Jack/squat challenge I maybe doing it today as well. Slept at my brothers and it's simple enough to do in the bedroom when I am changing. Not feeling like I have to exercise but it feels good to move my body.

QOTD: Glad you have no weight related regrets. It's been an interesting year for me- lots of challenges but I don't think regrets. My girlfriend said to me recently- you have such bad luck. I corrected her - No it's just called life. Things happen. Getting a new car engine for the new year? Would rather that didn't happen but I have no control over it.

Food?

I am 4 years out and do not pretend there is a master plan on the holiday. Eat what I will enjoy - stop when you have eaten a portion.

Breakfast choices: quiche, cinnamon rolls, cantaloupe.

Dinner I understand is Saurbrauten and spaetzle.

Still try to follow - protein first then veggies then IF you have any room fruit then carbs

I have one protein drink with me, so that will be consumed at some point.

2 cups of coffee and 4 glasses of water into the day.

Be Merry!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

karenp8
on 12/25/18 6:54 am - Brighton, IL

Merry Christmas menu friends! Miss Lily and I already have our 4 miles in and have had breakfast. We'll be heading down shortly to the inlaws to spend the day. At some point around noon our oldest and his fiance will be coming in from Minnesota and will be here til the weekend. QOTD only thing I would change was the 10 pounds I regained this year. Next time internet is sketchy I'll walk to wherever the modem is so I can post here daily. If I'm in a situation where that's impossible I'll start a pen and paper food journal again. I'm a person who needs accountability in order to keep myself under control and on plan. That's what I've learned about myself. Accountability was good yesterday and weight today is 12.6. Heres the food plan B 2/3c earnest eats hot cereal L 2 slices deli turkey 1 slice cheese 2 pieces of celery with peanut butter D 4 oz roast beef few bites of green beans S string cheese. Have a great day everyone and enjoy your holiday!

Librarian67
on 12/25/18 7:01 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Merry Christmas everyone! I woke up early but rolled over and slept an extra nap...it was nice. Then DW brought me coffee and we opened presents in bed. A cookbook and handmade necklace for me, a book & fuzzy penguin socks for DW and boxes for the cats...

Now we're watching my favorite Christmas movie, Scrooged with Bill Murray, with coffee and cats.

This afternoon we are going to play games with friends so a pleasant day.

Menu: not really sure but lots of leftover protein in the fridge.

Exercise: I'd like to get in a run but probably just a brisk walk.

All the best to everyone!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views