What's on your Sunday menu RNYers?

Librarian67
on 1/6/19 3:56 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Thought I'd get things started today before I run to an appointment and then go for a run at the lake. It's supposed to be a nice day, rather warm and sunny, and I'm looking forward to getting out for a bit. I enjoy when I can walk, run or bike at the lake because it is quiet and I can reflect except when the trains go by on the one border (less often on a Sunday morning!).

QOTD: Do you have an activity tracker? Do you like it? Do you find it useful? Does it motivate you to do more steps and move more? If not, have you considered one or had one and given it up?

I'm on my second FitBit. My first one was a Flex 2 that was pretty basic (no display other than 5 lights) but it was waterproof and counted laps and activity in the pool. I bought a Charge 3 when they came out in October. It is also waterproof and counts laps, but it also has a nice display and I'm adjusting to wearing it as a watch. I use it for steps and floors mostly, but then I use the FitBit app for logging my food & fluid plus my other activity. I generally like it and am glad that I have it.

Menu:

B1: coffee, ham

S: Chomps, protein shake

L: probably 2 TJ's chicken sausages, baby carrots

S: salmon jerky

D: ?

Exercise: running at the lake!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

karenp8
on 1/6/19 6:02 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu peeps! Lily and I have our 4 miles in and will do another before supper. QOTD I have a copperfit activity tracker because I'm a tightwad. It was 20 dollars and shows time,calories burned,distance walked and steps taken. I don't think it's totally accurate but it does help me know if I'm meeting my goal. Goal today is to make sure I get plenty of fluids. Accountability was good food and stepwise yesterday and weight was 124.8. Heres the food plan for today B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 1 c ham and bean soup D 4 oz pork chop with 2 T gravy S serving of pork rinds. Hope everyone has a great day full of smart choices! Yes it's coffeetime!

Amy Liz
on 1/6/19 6:48 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning~ I really admire your workout schedule, Janet! I wish I was as committed. I have been in the past and I'm working on getting back there. We've had a lot of rain and it looks like a lot more to come. Praying I don't use it as yet another excuse not to work out. I feel like I'm barely holding on sometimes. I'm allowing my emotions to make decisions and that has to stop. I want to get back to being a machine. The plan for today is to prepare for my tough week. Meaning overcoming my odd work hours + overtime project, all day training day, a couple of outside appointments, my commute, going to the gym M-Th and now add rain. I feel like a big baby. Anyway I will make it work and if something has to give it will need to be the overtime which means I will need to make time to work on a special project during my regular hours. I will make it work - give me strength!!

QOTD - I have an apple watch that I love. It tracks my steps, heart rate, activity, exercise including swim laps - the real reason for buying this. I love that it is a mini phone that I can answer calls, get texts, emails, get my reminders and apps like starbucks and apple pay everything you get on your phone plus GPS and iTunes.

2 years, 1 month out - forgot to weigh before getting completely dressed and it was way to cold to turn that train around.

B- coffee x3 eggbeaters and salsa

l-enchilada chicken and cheese filling only

d-IDK chili maybe - shopping today and will see what looks good

v/l - on track

Have a great day everyone

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Au_Contraire
on 1/6/19 12:20 pm

I hope that you sail through your week, Amy!

Amy Liz
on 1/6/19 1:54 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Thank you, Cara! Me too!

catwoman7
on 1/6/19 7:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I decided last night to re-arrange my schedule a bit for the next couple of weeks so I'm not in risky food-related situations. I do fine when I'm at home - but I got used to eating out over the holidays and wasn't paying as much attention as I should to my intake. And unfortunately, I got used to it. Yesterday I did fine up until we went to a meet & greet for a mayoral candidate. I hesitated to go because I knew there'd be food there - and of course, there was. I ended up eating 2200 calories yesterday (my maintenance range is 1500-1700), and I'm up 1.8 lbs this morning. UGH!! I know most of this is water, but still, this needs to stop. If it only happened like once a month, it wouldn't be too much of an issue, but I have a pretty active social life, so I frequently have to deal with these minefields. So I think I need to avoid them as much as possible until I regain control. The only danger zone so far this week is lunch with a friend on Wednesday. I emailed her last night to ask that we reschedule for later in the month - or else have a coffee or tea date instead of lunch on Wednesday. I'm meeting with another friend this week for afternoon tea, but that should be OK. I'm thinking i need to make all of my upcoming social engagements coffee/tea ones - or exercise ones - at least until I'm feeling more comfortable navigating food ones again.

today DH wants to go look at some potential apartments for his mom (the plan is for her to move here (from New Jersey) this summer). I'm also going to a Jazzercise class with a new friend at 4:00. And I'm going to make butter chicken in my IP (thanks, NYMom!). I'll get some cauliflower rice to spoon it over. Should last for a few dinners this week.

QOTD: I have a Fit*****arge 2. I use it mostly as a watch and for the sleep function - and I also like to occasionally check my heart rate when I'm doing cardio. I thought I'd use some of the other functions more than I do - but still, I feel lost without the thing. I'd have to immediately run out and get a new one if this one died. Oh - I do like the weekly reports it sends me, too. Even though I don't use things like the step counter as often as I thought I would, I like to see how the current week compares to previous weeks.

3 years 7 months out:

B: coffee with half & half, homemade coconut Greek yogurt with mango pieces (I was thinking I was eating a third of it every day, but it turned out to be quarter. There were a lot more pieces left today (day 3) then I thought there would be. It was a pretty good-size mango!)

MS: protein shake

L: if the black bean soup I took out of the freezer is OK, that. Otherwise, homemade cottage cheese

AS: choice of: light yogurt, protein pumpkin pie, or a peanut butter protein ball

D: butter chicken over cauliflower rice

ex: Jazzercise

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 1/6/19 7:28 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Meeting people for coffee or walks instead of a meal has saved me more times than I can count! Our society is so food centric its difficult to stay the course without ironclad resolve!

karenp8
on 1/6/19 7:48 am - Brighton, IL

It really does feel like everything is about food. Most of my gain in our travels happened when our coworkers wanted to go out to eat every night. Most of the places they picked specialized in fried foods and offered no really good choices. We finally started not going and just eating at the camper because hubby doesn't need the fried foods or sweets either. Occasional meals out are fun but that was just too much.

catwoman7
on 1/6/19 7:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15
On January 6, 2019 at 3:22 PM Pacific Time, catwoman7 wrote:

Mornin' All!

I decided last night to re-arrange my schedule a bit for the next couple of weeks so I'm not in risky food-related situations. I do fine when I'm at home - but I got used to eating out over the holidays and wasn't paying as much attention as I should to my intake. And unfortunately, I got used to it. Yesterday I did fine up until we went to a meet & greet for a mayoral candidate. I hesitated to go because I knew there'd be food there - and of course, there was. I ended up eating 2200 calories yesterday (my maintenance range is 1500-1700), and I'm up 1.8 lbs this morning. UGH!! I know most of this is water, but still, this needs to stop. If it only happened like once a month, it wouldn't be too much of an issue, but I have a pretty active social life, so I frequently have to deal with these minefields. So I think I need to avoid them as much as possible until I regain control. The only danger zone so far this week is lunch with a friend on Wednesday. I emailed her last night to ask that we reschedule for later in the month - or else have a coffee or tea date instead of lunch on Wednesday. I'm meeting with another friend this week for afternoon tea, but that should be OK. I'm thinking i need to make all of my upcoming social engagements coffee/tea ones - or exercise ones - at least until I'm feeling more comfortable navigating food ones again.

today DH wants to go look at some potential apartments for his mom (the plan is for her to move here (from New Jersey) this summer). I'm also going to a Jazzercise class with a new friend at 4:00. And I'm going to make butter chicken in my IP (thanks, NYMom!). I'll get some cauliflower rice to spoon it over. Should last for a few dinners this week.

QOTD: I have a Fit*****arge 2. I use it mostly as a watch and for the sleep function - and I also like to occasionally check my heart rate when I'm doing cardio. I thought I'd use some of the other functions more than I do - but still, I feel lost without the thing. I'd have to immediately run out and get a new one if this one died. Oh - I do like the weekly reports it sends me, too. Even though I don't use things like the step counter as often as I thought I would, I like to see how the current week compares to previous weeks.

3 years 7 months out:

B: coffee with half & half, homemade coconut Greek yogurt with mango pieces (I was thinking I was eating a third of it every day, but it turned out to be quarter. There were a lot more pieces left today (day 3) then I thought there would be. It was a pretty good-size mango!)

MS: protein shake

L: if the black bean soup I took out of the freezer is OK, that. Otherwise, homemade cottage cheese

AS: choice of: light yogurt, protein pumpkin pie, or a peanut butter protein ball

D: butter chicken over cauliflower rice

ex: Jazzercise

UPDATE: the Wednesday lunch friend just responded and said she was fine with rescheduling - or, she said, we could brown bag it instead of going to a restaurant. Perfect alternative! Now why didn't I think of that?? So that's what we're going to do! Bring our lunches and find a nice place to sit and enjoy them - as well as each other's company!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 1/6/19 7:47 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody. I swam for 20 minutes yesterday and woke up with gout in the ankle that I used to push off the wall. Its so hard to believe that pushing is any more strenuous than normal getting around is. Believe me I wasn't swimming fast. Anyways, ankle gout is something that I can live with. When it goes to my knees is when it's a problem. I'm going to wait until Wednesday to see how I am doing. If it hasn't spread to my knees I will cautiously try swimming again. If it has spread to my knees I am think I going to have to accept that fitness is something that is going to have to happen after I stop losing.

Today is mostly going to be catching up on some work and watching the playoffs. Marilyn made chili yesterday, its super good.

QOTD: I use a paper journal and pen.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Chili

Snack: Jerky

Dinner: Chili

Have a great day, all.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active