What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers?

Librarian67
on 3/16/19 5:26 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Happy Saturday folks! It's a few minutes after 8 here and my FitBit says that I slept more than 11 hours last night! And I needed every minute of it! I actually feel awake and refreshed. I worked 10.5 hours yesterday to bank some credit hours for emergencies, but I was completely wiped when I got done. We sat in bed to watch some TV but I definitely slept through most of it, including while I was still sitting up! The bummer is that I really like that show! Death in Paradise on Netflix.

We've had 2 very warm days here and the weekend is supposed to be more seasonal...40s and 50s...but it is nice and sunny this morning and the struggle will be between being outside for a hike and yard work vs. being inside studying for my trainer cert... Maybe I'll take my book and laptop out on the porch for a while.

Today will also be errands to TJs, Michaels (craft store for DW), Target & Walmart for 20# dumbbells (yeah!), and probably a stop at our new fave spot, Mezeh, a fast-food Mediterranean restaurant similar to Chipotle. They offer lots of healthy options, including a bed of greens instead of rice, good protein and veg. A bowl makes 2 meals for me so that will be nice.

One other bit of news, it looks like I may accompany my trainer to some health fairs and conferences once I'm certified, including a conference in Tampa in August (HOT!) and the OH conference in October! Really excited about the possibilities. We also have a health fair at my office in about 6 weeks which will be really interesting because that's where I learned about Gary's business 2 years ago...!

QOTD: Thanks to everyone who answered my exercise questions yesterday. It was REALLY helpful. Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. Do you have anything planned...any corned beef or green beer? AND are you any part Irish? Do you identify as any ethnic or cultural background? Personally, I've had too many green cookies already and the corned beef is too fatty for me, so no more. My Ancestry DNA says that I'm 11% Irish, but from what I've found it seems that they were actually English "administrators" not true Irish natives. Mostly English (maternal) and German (paternal). They all came in the 17th and 18th century (some on later passage on the Mayflower), so I've never thought of myself as being "from" anywhere.

Accountability: another cookie incident...white chocolate dipped pistachio shortbread cookie for St. P's Day...yum, but it needs to STOP!

Menu:

B: COFFEE, ham

S: Chomps

L: Mezeh salad

S: protein shake, turkey breast

D: probably shrimp or steak

E: a walk or yard work

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Cris1976
on 3/16/19 5:36 am, edited 3/15/19 10:47 pm

Friends,

I'm in doubt about the carbohydrates. By the day how much do you eat from carbs? Thank you, because the information in Brazil is not very good. I eat 40 grs of carbos at launch and 40 grs of carbos at dinner. Proteins, I eat 100 grams of red meat at launch and 100 grs at dinner and 200 ml of milk without lactose and 1 egg at morning.

DNA tests there are so expensive and unusuals for here...:-)

NYMom222
on 3/16/19 5:48 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Part of this depends whether you are in the weight loss phase. Most people stay lower carb during losing.

I stayed between 30-50g a day but didn't really count, just made sure no one thing I ate was high carb.

My Bariatric center says in weight loss you can have up to 100g a day. That is not a goal to reach though, more a limit.

Maintaining I eat 100-140g a day.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Cris1976
on 3/16/19 5:55 am, edited 3/15/19 10:56 pm

Thank you so much :-)

catwoman7
on 3/16/19 6:35 am
RNY on 06/03/15

my center was moderately low-carb rather than ultra-low-carb, so during the weight loss phase I usually stayed under 80 carbs a day and never went over 100. Now in maintenance, I'm usually in the 100-150 range, which oddly is considered "low carb" by most people (not by bariatric patients, though!). HOWEVER, I'm not particularly carb sensitive. A lot of people on here ARE carb sensitive. If I was, too, then I'd probably shoot for lower.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cris1976
on 3/16/19 6:57 am

NYMom222
on 3/16/19 5:42 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Jealous of your sleep, didn't sleep well last two nights.

I did not realize you were becoming a trainer. I have thought about it. What certification are you using?

Enjoy the shortbread cookie. Consistency over perfection.

QOTD: I have a lot of British in me, so I am sure there is some Irish mixed in. My father would cringe at that though as he was raised in the Protestant vs Catholic wars.

I did buy a small corned beef at Target. Really small. Mostly for my nephew, but I will eat it one meal. I bought a bag of shredded cabbage and was going to sauté it with bacon for me, and make carrots. He gets potatoes.

• Protein coffee
  • overnight oats
  • Thai veggie bowl
  • roast chicken, veggie
  • S: protein, apple

ex: gym day

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Librarian67
on 3/16/19 2:41 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

About 2 weeks ago my trainer asked me if I'd be interested in getting certified and working with him with some obese and post WLS clients. I'm really excited because I hope they can identify with my changes. I'm doing an online class for ACE certification. Trying to keep pushing through each day to take the test.

BTW you would be good at it!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 3/16/19 6:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

Wow Janet - sounds like you've had a couple of great days and have lots to look forward to! I'm really excited that you might be going to the OH conference! If I weren't going to India in October, I'd go there, too - I've always been curious and it would be so fun to have someone I know there to hang out with!!

So I finished all the dishes for our Turkish dinner/meze thing today except for the spinach borek (similar to spanokopita), so I'll do that this morning. I don't know when they're all coming over other than I told them if they want to come early and spend the day here, any time after noon is fine. After a crazy yesterday (pre-op class presentation in the morning, in a research lab all afternoon, and then cooking for four hours straight last night), I'm kinda wishing we'd have scheduled this for tomorrow since all I want to do right now is just veg, but..too late now! Maybe they'll all decide to come at dinner time as originally planned so I can just laze around most of the day...

QOTD: my grandparents were all born in the US, but my great grandparents were all born in Europe. So all of my family lines have only been here since the turn of the (last) century. Both my grandfathers' parents were born in Sweden. My paternal grandmother's parents were born in Scotland, and my maternal grandmother's parents were born in what is now Romania (at the time, it was Austria-Hungary. They were ethnic Germans, but the family lived in what is now Romania for over 300 years). So on paper I am 50% Swedish, 25% Scottish, and 25% German - however, in that German line, there is also some Eastern European mixed in, which would be due to living in Romania (which at the time was very culturally diverse - Romanians, Czechs, Germans, Hungarians, Jews, Ukrainians, etc). My father always identified as being Swedish, but I don't identify with any of these, really. I'm American. Although through DNA testing I've "met" tons of 3rd cousins (and more distant) who still live in all of these places. Some are now my Facebook friends!

Accountability: well, even after having to fast from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm yesterday, I still managed to pack away 1600 kcal. But at least it was just that - since that's in my calorie range. At least the cooking is mostly done. But there's eating today. I'll have to monitor it...

3 years 9 months out:

B: protein blueberry pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and blueberry sauce (although I may just eat Greek yogurt instead since it may be a somewhat heavy eating day...), coffee with half & half

rest of the day: lentil soup, spinach borek, baklava, Circassian chicken (it's a cold chicken salad - although it's in walnut sauce rather than mayo)

have a great day, all!!

catwoman7
on 3/16/19 6:36 am
RNY on 06/03/15

P.S. we don't have any plans for St. Patrick's Day. We'll probably be eating leftover Turkish food!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?