Whats on your Sunday menu RNYers?

karenp8
on 6/9/19 4:41 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Lily and I have our morning walk in already for today and will do 2 more walks at some point today. Yesterday hubby and I went to the Henry Ford museum. We saw cars including the car Kennedy was shot in and the one Reagan escaped in when he was shot at by Hinckley. We saw race cars,planes,trains,furniture,farm implements,different types and sizes of steam engines and Buckminster Fuller's round metal house called the Dymaxion house. I would totally have bought it as it was very unique. Too many other things to mention. If you've never been to the Henry Ford you need to check it out. It was definitely worth the price of admission. Some pics to follow. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday but I didn't drink enough again so that's the goal for today. Weight today 123.2 . Heres the food plan B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz deli meat D 4 oz sirloin steak S if needed hummus and 4 pretzels. Time for coffee and to start packing up to drive back to Elkhart. Have a great day full of healthy choices everyone!

Melody P.
on 6/9/19 6:20 am, edited 6/9/19 9:07 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning all!

i?m working on very little sleep thanks to my stomach BUT i?m up and ready to get the day started.

not much planned today, at least as of yet. Will most likely have a small ride on my stationary bike.

m1:protein shake

m2:yogurt

m3:sf mini cheesecake with added protein powder

m4:protein shake

m5:liquified no fat refried beans.

m6:half A protein shake and a mini baked ricotta cup(which made me sick!)

i felt slightly out out of control today and my hormones are all getting weird so i'm moody. I was up half the night with diarrhea so i'm Just in a blah mood. About to work on some jewelry and hopefully my tea will keep me for the rest of the night.

Librarian67
on 6/9/19 6:24 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all! Karen, glad you had a fun adventure at the museum!

Had a great session with my therapist this morning. It's always good to have a place to vent and strategize.

Yesterday I did about 6 hours of hard gardening/yard work. I wrangled 30+ 40# bags of mulch and got it down. Also pulled and sprayed for ivy that grows over from both of my neighbors who don't keep it under control!! Still have one more bed at the side of the house to plant with perennials. I've done veggies and annuals for most of the 9 years that we've owned the house but I'e finally decided that I just don't have the time or $$ to replant every year, so I'm putting in black-eyed susans, sedum and lavender then putting in mulch so hopefully I don't have to weed and water too much. Lots of achy muscles last night but WOW do things look nice. Still work to do on the back yard but that doesn't show so it's a lower priority...

It's calling for showers this afternoon so I think I'll put off any more outside work and do more inside cleaning this afternoon. If only I could get the cats to clean up after themselves!!

Menu: up in the air but I do have a small pork loin and ingredients for riced cauliflower tabbouleh.

Exercise: cleaning and I'd really love to go for a run but it probably won't happen...

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Au_Contraire
on 6/9/19 1:25 pm

I misread your post - thought you wrote "a good place to vent and stargaze". Stargazing is lovely and can refresh our spirits, but strategizing is definitely more practical!

I love both lavender and black-eyed susans. I'm sure your beds will beautiful!

Maddymoe2
on 6/9/19 6:48 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful quiet morning. I cleaned out my big closet last night when I was home alone.My husband was out of town for work and my son was at work also. I felt lonely, so I thought I would be productive rather than eating. 22 bags of stuff to donate. It feels good!!

i am meeting up with my daughter this morning to grocery shop and set myself up to be successful for the week.

food for today-

2 c. Black coffee

3 oz pepper ham, 2 eggs ( already eaten)

lunch will be out. Probably Quodoba. I'm planning on a burrito bowl. I'll just do chicken with the grilled vegetables and pico.

halibut and grilled zucchini.

Really focusing on planning my meals, measuring my food and eaten with a purpose.

Have a great day.

catwoman7
on 6/9/19 7:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

accountability was good yesterday but weight was back up to 155 this morning. ARRRGGGHHH! I may have to cut back on calories. I guess it could be due to starting up with exercise again (building muscle - also, I think you hold on to more water when you exercise), but this is really starting to drive me nuts. Hoping for a lower-calorie day today! I thought I'd love to get back down to 140, but someone posted a memory picture of me today from two years ago, when I DID weigh 140 (I checked my logs). I really did look too thin. I was kind of taken aback by that. I think high 140s is probably better for me. Friends have said I look healthy at my current weight, but I feel too heavy. High 140s is a good compromise. So - that's my goal.

Today I have to make a couple of things for a potluck tomorrow night (I usually make two since DH and I are both going). Spanokopita for sure - I made the filling last night. I have a bunch of dying bananas, so I may make banana bread, too. Other than that, not much going on today, but I'm looking at a busy couple of weeks coming up, so I'm good with a "slow" day today.

4 years out:

B: protein pancakes with 1/3 C plain Greek yogurt and 1/3 C cranberry-raspberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: frozen protein shake (froze it in my new ice cream freezer. May have to play around with this to get the texture right - or at least better - maybe Xanthan gum? Or some light or SF Cool Whip, as White Dove suggested? I'll work on it)

L: whipped & sweetened cottage cheese with raspberries

AS: L&F yogurt or raw veggies dipped in ranch Greek yogurt

D: if I can afford the calories, a Beyond Burger. If not, deli turkey

ex: stationary bike & walking

Greateight
on 6/9/19 8:28 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Great pictures, Karen - Love the GT! I've seen that hot dog car (or its descendants ) driving around Chicago.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 6/9/19 9:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

they were originally based up here in Madtown, so not too far from you (Oscar Mayer headquarters were here up until about two years ago)

Au_Contraire
on 6/9/19 1:27 pm

Me too, but in Madison, NJ!

Greateight
on 6/9/19 8:32 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody! We are headed into Chicago to go to an Art Fair if we can drag the boys out of bed. The weather was supposed to be rainy, but so far its been pretty nice. Hoping that will hold on for the rest of the day. We will probably have lunch at the fair or in Chicago.

Glad that you are home and resting Laura. The first few days are tough but for most people, it gets rapidly better after that.

96 Burpees.

Breakfast: Leftover Bratwurst

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: TBD

Snack: jerky

Dinner: Lamb chop

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views