What's on your Tuesday menu RNYers?

Emiepie
on 6/25/19 4:21 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Isn't it crazy?!? I had never ran in my life and now I'll say something like "today was only a 5-miler" and not understand why the person is looking at me like I'm nuts.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 6/25/19 4:52 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I still don't like running - I do it as a chore and 5-6 miles are my absolute max. You are like my husband, he actually loves to run. When he is training for a marathon and tells me today was the easy 7 miler I just roll my eyes.

But you know what? He started this squat challenge with his running buddies; right now they are doing 200 squats and I guess at some point they'll get up to 500. With all the running he does he gets out of breath and starts sweating after 100 squats while I do them with him with a smile on my face. He hates that!!!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 6/25/19 5:01 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Squats and I aren't friends. Haha

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 6/25/19 5:21 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I LOVE them, especially with a 40lb dumbbell in my hand. I know...crazy!

Au_Contraire
on 6/25/19 10:18 pm

Your thighs must be amazing! I'm awful at squats. I've got to start exercising more!

cc583
on 6/25/19 6:30 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

You are a machine Kelly!!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

cc583
on 6/25/19 3:46 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hi everyone,

Accountability: On plan.

B: 1 eggs, turkey sausage, 1/2 slice cheese

L: 3oz turkey breast, 1/2 orange

S: 3oz turkey breast

D: 4oz grilled beef cutlet rolled up with tomato and lettuce, 1/2C broccoli rabe

S: ostrim meat stick

Cals:646, Carbs:16, Protein:96

Enjoy your night everybody!!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Au_Contraire
on 6/25/19 4:48 pm

Hello my RnY friends! Happy Tuesday!

I had a lovely time on my date last night - what a super nice guy, and what a natural-born giver! Males being such givers have not been part of my norm. We had a great meal at a beautiful restaurant right on the water, watching sailboats and the ferries come and go, and talked until we were the last customers in the dining areas, though there were still a few folks left in the bar. He is a wine connoisseur and chose a pretty spectacular bottle, which we shared. I am not a drinker, wine or otherwise, and I do feel it today - a little achey and mildly poisoned. I have a feeling he will be disappointed to learn that I can't share his passion to the degree he experiences it, but I just can't. He belongs to several wine societies or clubs and invited me to an unbottling at one of them on Friday. I said I would go - he is so nice. But I'm going to have to be very careful to taste only the absolute minimum. Apparently this is very high end, rare stuff, so I want to show appreciation, but I will have to mention (again) that I'm not much of a drinker all. The thing is, I don't want to tell him about my RnY at this point, though obviously if our friendship develops I would in the future sometime. But I am sensitive about it for now. So I'm going to have to figure out a good and understandable explanation for being, basically, a teetotaller. I just really prefer it, but he's deeply into the romance of wines and his family owned a winery. I did have hepatitis as a teenager and was extremely ill - I was in the hospital for a long time. My pediatrician told me back then as I was recovering that I would have to be careful about alcohol for the rest of my life, since hepatitis is such a grave insult to one's liver. I'll tell him about that and hope he understands. I don't mind having, say, a half-glass of wine every now and again with a meal, but honestly any more than that is too hard on my system. No danger here of a transfer addiction with alcohol! However, beautiful clothes, boots and shoes - aaaahhh! Now that is a different matter!

First: coffee with cashew milk, SF syrup

B: turkey

L: ham, a tiny bit of that espresso cheese I like

D: Uncertain. I may have a green salad with a packet or two of tuna.

Have fun today, my skinny friends!

Sheila_H
on 6/25/19 5:30 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

You don't have to drink it to appreciate it. The ppl that are so much into wine appreciate the way it's made, location, season, type of grape, barrel, etc. As long as you show interest in those areas you don't have to drink it.

One of my clients is a top wine connoisseur and used to joke that he cheats on his wife with his wine. His cellar is spectacular and I think he spent more money on his cellar than the whole house. Every time he talked about his wine my eyes glazed but after a couple of years I started picking up tids and bits and surprised him with my understanding. He knew I can't stand red wine, I get physically ill (even before WLS). He always told me I must have done something really bad in another life to come back as an Italian who doesn't appreciate wine!

Au_Contraire
on 6/25/19 10:16 pm

I know, and I can talk about wine (to some extent anyway, after all I lived in Santa Barbara and Solvang - (wine country, for those who don't know) - at least a little of that had to be absorbed if only through osmosis!). But if you go out to dinner it's a little trickier if the person you're dining with really loves good wine and wants to share a bottle. Not a big deal - I'll figure it out!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 441 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 432 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views