What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Patty R.
on 9/5/19 4:45 am, edited 9/5/19 5:42 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Good Morning, LOVE the Pug, looks like Louise. At least those rolls are cute!

My younger entered his senior year at URI, it's been a long haul. 1 year at a community college for "cheaper" electives, then a year of prerequisite courses to apply for the Chemical Engineering program. Now, finally, the end is near!!

TSS 3 days from 3 years

edit **You're not kidding how those calories add up with a bite here and there!! I am totally truthful on MFP, but it's ugly, really ugly!**

B:coffee w/ splenda creamer, chicken breast

L: out w/parents for doc appts. ??

D: bunless cheese burger, slice of onion, tomato

S: HM yogurt, ricotta, blueberries

Those in Dorian's path, be safe!

Edit #2 QOTD: Brussel Sprouts Yum oven roasted

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

supershopper
on 9/5/19 5:23 am

hi all- I'm on countdown mode till Saturday when we are loading up the truck and move to Beverly... hills that is... lol - just kidding but I am taking things up there today after work and put some things in the drawers to make it 'homey'. DH has not seen it in person and will on Saturday. also got the internet ordered for Tuesday so that is good. We only have this place till the end of the month then need to find a new spot. some persons decided to rent the space for an entire year! so we lost it after this month. I've become a gypsy apparently...

food was on plan, really not feeling like eating today but need to so about to do that.

QOTD: hmmm spinach I would say- super versatile, raw or cooked. good with just about anything.

food plan today

coffee

water

turkey/veggies/wheat wrap

last of the gizzards- I'm burned out on them so that is good

more veggies

not sure what else really.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Liz J.
on 9/5/19 6:17 am
DS on 11/29/16

YAY!! It's tiny Friday! Woot! Woot!

QOTD: OMG! How do I pick just one? How about my top three? Broccoli, asparagus, and artichokes! I have a favorite salad at TJ it's their Broccoli Kale Slaw, it's amazing. Then the non veggie-veggies like corn (grilled or cooked over a camp fire on the beach in sea water!), baby red potatoes. Then all the hard to get veggies like Loroco Flower or Nopal Cactus... Okay! Now I'm hungry!

B: Coffee and protein bar

S: Protein shake

L: Turkey w/low carb wrap

S: Protein bar

S2: Celery w/cream cheese

D: Unknown at this time!

AD: Carbmaster yogurt

W: 120 oz

E: 5 miles (I only have 2 mile in) Dog training, like always!

AC: Daily goal of 40 carbs or less...

TSS: 2 years 8 months

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

catwoman7
on 9/5/19 6:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm headed out to Galena, IL in a few minutes to meet up with a friend who lives in Dekalb (IL). No it's not in the middle - and a bit out-of-the-way for both of us - but it's a cute town with nice shops and historic homes. We usually meet in Rockford (IL), but that's getting kind of old...

Accountability was great yesterday. Hoping for another great day today! (a little trickier when you can't plan and will be eating out at least once, but...it can be done!)

QOTD: I like most vegetables, but I'm overly sensitive to bitterness, so I'm not crazy abou****ercress, some greens (like collards), and certain ways of cooking Brussels sprouts. Sometimes even cabbage tastes bitter to me. That aside, I don't really have a favorite vegetable (being overly sensitive to bitterness is evidently a genetic thing. I uploaded my DNA into this health site I found online that tells you what kinds of things (diseases et al) that you carry the genetic markers for. Sensitivity to bitter tastes is one of them. My husband doesn't carry that gene (I uploaded his DNA as well). That would explain why when I made some Chinese dish with bitter melon several years ago, I absolutely could not eat it because it tasted like quinine, whereas he ate it up as if there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. I was astounded - but now I understand!)

4 years 3 months out:

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and homemade cranberry/raspberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: probably nothing

L: not sure. I'm hoping we'll go to this Mexican place, though, because it features those little tacos with just the meat, cilantro, and onions. It's easy to make those work. I'll suggest it and hope my friend likes Mexican food!

AS: I'll take a protein bar or two with me in case it's needed (not sure when we'll be leaving Galena - or when I'll be getting home)

D: if I'm home, then maybe a salad with light dressing and diced turkey breast. Although maybe I'll plan on having this regardless. If I leave Galena somewhat late, I'll have one of those protein bars to tie me over until I get home...

ex: we'll be doing a lot of walking today, so that...

have a great day, all!

Amy Liz
on 9/5/19 7:04 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning~ This week is sailing. I am focused and staying on track and it feels good. I lowered my fats for calorie sake and so far I'm still very satisfied with my intake. I love swimming and the water felt so good yesterday. I wanted to swim longer but I pushed myself to go faster and fatigued earlier than usual. Last night I watched Seinfeld - the episode about exclamation points and realized I over use the crap out of them. Please know that I'm secretly excited about everything I write, but will chill on their use, haha. Tonight kicks off the 2019 NFL season and I'm excited, but Rob is absolutely giddy and adorable. Even thought the game starts here at 5, he PROMISED we would go to the gym when I get home at 4. If he backs out (due to work stuff), I'm going anyway.

QOTD - All of them really but tomatoes are my favorite, then asparagus

Accountability - great

Exercise - run/walk going for whatever I can do in 30 min -we'll see

TSS 2 years, 9 months 172.1

Have a great day everyone

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Dcgirl
on 9/5/19 7:27 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

OMG Amy, Kris is also giddy. He is football OBSESSED. NFL and college. I was telling my 17 year old stepdaughter on the phone that this is the weekend (3 weeks late) that we will go out for my birthday dinner, and after the call he lectured me that it's that time again, the six months go by so quickly, but we have to plan all activities around games!!! I said, I don't care what time Michigan plays on Saturday, I am going out for seafood! He assured me that they play at noon and we will all go to dinner together. I swear, he's nuts.

One time when we were in Sweden (work trip for me, he tagged along), he watched his team play at 2 am Sweden time, on his iPad lol.

NYMom222
on 9/5/19 7:54 am
RNY on 07/23/14

My son was all about Baseball - so I absolutely lost him in October. I homeschoooled so I said one of the fringe benefits for him was he could stay up until 2AM watching the west coast games as long as he got his work done.

When he met his wife - they just met in October, so weren't seeing much of each other, the next October she had just left for Chicago for a job and the by the third October they were married. Oops! too late. After that October my DIL said to me - I had no idea. She knew he liked baseball but she had no idea he was a sports nut.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Amy Liz
on 9/5/19 8:08 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Yes - planning around football for the foreseeable future! These guys are obsessed for sure. I actually love watching NFL but all the college games just seems so ENDLESS to me. Enjoy that birthday seafood girl!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

ScaleSkater
on 9/5/19 7:26 am, edited 9/5/19 12:26 am

Good morning. Accountability very good this week after the holiday. Exercise good and loving the inversion table.

QOTD - Japanese eggplant. Love it stir fried with all kinds of protein. Makes me want to go to my favorite Chinese restaurant over the weekend. They make a great Chicken and eggplant dish that they make for me with light oil and very easy sauce. Yum.

PWO - 1/2 protein cookie (some need to get over the term cookie). I have people yelling at me for eating cookies (just a name as it isn't really a cookie and can't eat more that this).

B - 2 egg, salsa, sausage link, can of v8 later (got it at a meeting yesterday, haven't had it in long time)

L - small salad, turkey, apple

S - apple, nuts, 1/4 meat stick

D - small salad, 1/4 costco cauliflower pizza

Exercise - am: 50 min trainer session; pm: 75 min on the Peloton (60 min class; 15 min arms)

S - cup frozen strawberry, 3 tbs yogurt

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

NYMom222
on 9/5/19 6:28 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I always keep small cans of low sodium V8 in my pantry. Best dose of potassium I know of if I feel like I need it.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 455 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views