What's on your Saturday menu, RNY'ers?

catwoman7
on 2/1/20 6:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

we're headed to a program sponsored by our county League of Women Voters this morning (MIL is going with us - I'm glad she's trying to get more involved in the community!), but other than that, not much on the agenda. I really need to clean our room and the master bath, though - it's starting to drive me nuts!! So there's that. Otherwise???

accountability - not great yesterday thanks to the Indian buffet lunch we had after MIL's pulmonary appt (which went well). Not a disaster, but I was way over on calories. Crap. I'll have to try to make up for it this weekend.

feel free to throw in a QOTD - I've got nuttin'!

4 years 7 months out:

B: chaffles topped with plain Greek yogurt and homemade blueberry sauce, banana, coffee with half & half

MS: nothing - we'll be at the program, and I don't need any more calories this morning

L: salad with diced turkey and light dressing

AS: Fit Frappe

D: half a Beyond Burger with "slim" bun, vegetables

ex: something.....maybe the elliptical or stationary bike since I won't be able to make any of the fitness classes this morning :-(

have a great Saturday, everyone!

Greateight
on 2/1/20 6:41 am, edited 1/31/20 11:27 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I showered, shaved and changed this morning, so that alone makes me feel better. In a few minutes, I'm going to run out and get coffee, which will be my first venture out of the house since I came home from work on Wednesday.

Marilyn played tennis last night. She has the same illness that I have and I can't imagine that. She came home and said that her entire body hurt. Well, yeah. Then this morning she got up and went to play another match. Maybe I'm just a big baby.

I've lost a few pounds, so I guess that's the bright spot in this last few days. Yesterday I had some toast with peanut butter and some cottage cheese and turkey meatballs. I'm not sure about todays food, probably similar.

This picture cracks me up, its Cleveland Browns Quarterback Baker Mayfield rocking his Dad Bod with four other NFL players.

Have a great day, all.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

karenp8
on 2/1/20 7:23 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Miss Lily and I have a nice long walk in and now I'm packing and cleaning to head home for a few weeks. Not much else on the agenda for today. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.4 today. Here's the food plan B sm protein pancake with sugar free syrup and sausage patty L 3 oz seafood salad D 4 oz burger with cheese no bun. Have a wonderful Saturday full of amazing choices everyone!

momyshaver
on 2/1/20 8:05 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Good morning RNY friends. I've had my protein shake in my coffee, morning vitamins, and am working on my water. I need to run another batch of eggs through my InstantPot. I have a roast in the crockpot and am making mashed potatoes for the kids but I am not sure if I will have that. I think it could easily be a trigger meal for me. (I did keep hands off the pizza everyone had for dinner last night because I knew it would be a disaster for me.) I think there is still a chicken breast in the fridge I could heat and eat if I decide to avoid the pot roast and mashed potatoes.

I have managed to entirely cut out alcohol from my diet, (it was helping me to eat more to gain weight). I won't lie. I miss it. It dulled my pain and made eating easier. It wasn't for my best in the long run though, for multiple reasons. Live and learn.

MadisonRose
on 2/1/20 11:57 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Afternoon all! Been so busy I didn't get a chance to post this morning. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! It's been a bit cold here....colder than usual. It's going for three o'clock here and I just realized I haven't eaten anything since 8 this morning. Must be having a small pouch day as I haven't really been hungry. I will take it though!!!! Lol

B: premier shake

B2: coffee W/Splenda and sugar free creamer

L: L&F yogurt with banana

D: probably leftover salmon and veggies

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

JB1114
on 2/1/20 1:34 pm - Grain Valley, MO

Only have 2 hours and 40 minutes left to work today. Time goes well until about 3:00. Thankfully, I can read and surf the Internet. Beautiful day here.

I rejoined WWs a few days ago and I'm not doing well with it. Seems like when I'm doing WWs, I think I can have popcorn, cereal, cookies, etc., because I can count them easily. I was doing so well keeping my protein up and carbs down. Every night when I let my pup out before bedtime, I sneak a couple cookies from DH's stash. They are store bought and not great. My goal for the coming week is to stop that. I did make my goal for Bariatric Foodie which was to increase my water.

I looked at BE thinking I would order some of their bariatric products, but they are so expensive even on sale. They do have some great recipes.

My son loves cheesecake and says it's an indulgence and shouldn't be considered a health food. Well, I can't eat anything with full fat cream cheese and a cup of sugar. He saw a recipe and wants peanut butter cup cheesecake. I am making him one tomorrow, but I have a recipe for me for cheesecake that I will make.

Just found out my health insurance will pay for Planet Fitness so I'm going to sign up. Exercise is the most difficult thing for me to do.

Eats:

Premier protein; Greek yogurt w/2 T. granola

Bean & Rice burrito on a low carb wrap (fried chicken, mashed potatoes and cole slaw were brought in for lunch but I passed)

Not sure what else I will eat.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

momyshaver
on 2/2/20 3:45 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Welcome to the bariatric ww tribe of OH =) ... I will share that I have had to apply many principles of what I was taught about how to live after bariatric surgery to my working of ww. What color plan are you on? I am on the purple plan. It allows a few "0 pt" grains but I know that many of those choices may not make me feel the best so I avoid them or limit them. I actually separated my 0 pt. foods into lists of green light/yellow light/red light to help guide me a bit and I am STILL working on portion sizes that I am supposed to be following to feel my best after bariatric surgery. We are not like everybody else on ww but ww is still a very helpful program for many people, (I think more behavior modification, accountability and support than food per se). I have also found a rather large Facebook group for the purple plan and they are always posting yummy things. I have to take into account what I am able to eat, but I have found some helpful things. I am not sure if that is something you would find helpful. I know ww has some groups but they are only accessible through the app and not pc, so they must have changed their format over the years. Great job passing on the fried chicken lunch and making a better choice. That is fantastic that your health insurance will pay for gym membership. Exercise has been difficult for me also. I wish you the best. Let us know how your cheesecake turns out. My son just told me about these mini cheesecakes that Aldi has come out with for like $1 and I told him there was no way I could eat them as I am sure they are full of sugar but I suppose they are better for portion control if people limit themselves to only 1. He has his own mini fridge in his room I make him keep his junk food in, lol. How sweet of you to make your son a cheesecake.

You can do this!

JB1114
on 2/3/20 4:19 pm - Grain Valley, MO

I'm on the Blue plan. When they talk about filling your plate and large servings with little or no points, I have to remind myself I don't need quantity. I really like the app for tracking. There are a lot of foods I just can't eat like buns, very small amount of pasta and anything with much sugar or high fat. I once had a piece of cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. It was sugar free but full of fat and it did not sit well at all.

The Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake was a hit with hubby and son. Called for 10 miniature PB cups in the filling and 30 on top. I put a few on top but 30 would have been way too many. I did taste 2 bites and way too rich. Just that small amount irritated my tummy. My Bariatric Foodie cheesecake is a little dry. I only had a few bites.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

momyshaver
on 2/4/20 2:44 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I am sorry your cheesecake turned out dry. That would have been a let down for me, lol ;)

I think your thoughts on the Blue plan gave me some things to think about especially as a bariatric patient. I see photos of HUGE "0 pt" meals and honestly, points or no points, I should not be trying to eat that much food at once. Period. I also have a difficult time with buns/breads/pasta or too much sugar without my heartrate spiking up and feeling very uncomfortable - not to mention how poorly I feel for at least a day after consuming those trigger foods. I know what I need to eat, but certain poor eating habits are more of what I need to work on and maybe Blue would help me more with that. I can give it a shot and compare it to Purple plan results. (I lost weight on Purple but never hit the daily Blue dot which was frustrating to me)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 439 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views