What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 2/18/20 5:55 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ahhh, I was arriving in Maui with Maryann exactly one year ago! It's amazing and I would love to go back, but the flight times are just more than I am interested in for a 7 night vaca.

I like Bermuda but my travel companion doesn't want to go there on this trip.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Julia S.
on 2/19/20 7:38 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I'm a Maui girl and fortunately it's only a 5 hour flight direct from Portland. But I love flying first class if I can afford it.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

karenp8
on 2/18/20 4:12 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do another long and a short lunch walk later. Accountability stepwise was good but food stunk. A cookie and some popcorn I didn"t need were consumed. Today is a new day. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 2 protein pancakes with sugar free syrup D 4 oz marinated pork chops. Have a great day full of healthy choices everyone ! And that means me too!

Daisydoo02
on 2/18/20 5:30 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

You got this Karen, if there is anyone here on the menu thread who is a machine when it comes to eating its you! I have no doubt that you will be back to good choices today! Hope you & Lily have a great day!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Teenie
on 2/18/20 7:16 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

You deserved that cookie and popcorn. You'll reign it in quick because you are a beast. You got this as always.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/18/20 4:38 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I had a great but exhausting 3 hour kayak trip yesterday. I'm so glad to be able to be here and be active. Today I have to drop the car off for a long overdue bumper repair due to a rear-end accident at a stoplight last spring. The insurance company is paying for a rental car.

QOTD: I'd go somewhere easy to get to by plane from Boston to maximize my time: Aruba, Bermuda, Florida.

TSS: 3 years, 10.5 months

B: Eggs, salsa, and coffee

L: Everroast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Chicken and mango salsa

S: strawberry compote with Greek yogurt, blueberry lemon pie (WW recipe with 0 points)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Daisydoo02
on 2/18/20 5:28 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good for you Liz on the 3 hour kayak trip, wow! I am a very good strong swimmer and yet for some reason the idea of a kayak gives me anxiety, the idea of my legs under the front of the kayak and also they seem to "tippy" and that just freaks me out.

Hope all goes well with your car repair and I hope you get a nice rental car. Have an awesome day!

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

catwoman7
on 2/18/20 4:58 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' all!

well the snow yesterday was supposedly worse than predicted. I don't know how much we finally ended up with, but DH has been out there for awhile snowblowing. I hope to God this is it for the season. I am SO READY for winter to be over!

today I have an appt with our financial guy who again wants to talk to me about long-term care insurance. I just don't know - but I'll see what he has to say. I would love, love to exercise today since yesterday I just did a video in my basement (due to the awful weather), but we'll see how the roads are. There are two classes that caught my eye - yoga and Zumba - plus I can always go to the weight room. The classes are scheduled for this evening, so maybe the roads will be cleared off by then. I hope.

Accountability was OK but not great yesterday. I was PM'ing the woman I usually co-present with at the pre-op classes at our bariatric clinic, and she really wants the two of us to be a support team. She had her surgery a year after I did, lost down to the exact same low as I did (138), regained and stabilized at 150 for a really long time (same here - and we were both very happy there), and over the course of last fall and the holidays, gained a bit and is now hovering around 160 (again, exactly the same as me! What a coincidence!). She hates it and wants to get back to 150 - same as moi. So we're both going to strive for 1500 calories a day, exercise, and check in with each other every night. Great! I can use the extra support!!

QOTD: We absolutely loved Austin, Texas (went there seven or eight years ago). We were there in December. It was maybe in the 50s then - so not warm, but WAY warmer than Wisconsin - and I would think it would be much warmer than that in March and April. It was easy to do in a long weekend (which is how long we were there). It's kind of funky music/college town with lots of great BBQ and Mexican food and lots of music venues. We also toured the capitol, strolled around the campus, and went to the LBJ Library. Very do-able if you only have two or three days.

4 years 8 months out:

B: coconut Greek yogurt with 1/2 diced mango, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: Beyond Burger on a slim bun with lettuce, tomato, and light Thousand Island dressing

AS: yogurt and/or raw veggies with ranch Greek yogurt dip

D: 2 Costco chicken skewers, salad with light dressing

have a great day, everyone!

Daisydoo02
on 2/18/20 5:24 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

we got dumped on with snow too, and its the heavy wet stuff here, not fun to shovel or hike in.

I would be leery about long term care insurance at your age. I guess it would be okay to talk about it but I don't think you are ready for it yet!!!

Yay for an accountability partner in real life I think that is awesome and that you two will get to your goals in no time!

catwoman7
on 2/18/20 5:34 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I need to do some research on the optimal time to get it. I'll be 60 this summer, and Alzheimer's runs on both sides of my family - so, yikes! But we'll see what he has to say - and I'll do some research on my own. I know some companies have gone belly up and people have really lost out, which is a bit concerning...

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views