What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 3/30/20 2:58 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Haaaaaaaapy Monday, everyone! How are we all doing today? I had a weekend that felt more "normal" than its been in a month. I went for a nice long walk with my BFF on Saturday, and went grocery shopping for my parents yesterday and then had a socially distant visit with them. We took a long meandering drive home using back roads instead of the highway, and it was nice to see something besides my four walls!

It felt good to get what my parents what they needed. I got them over $400 of groceries so there is literally no reason they will need to leave again for over a month, at least. Of course as a "thank you" she gave me a basket she'd won which had everything needed to make tiramisù and a whole big container of chocolate mint truffles. Sigh.

Accountability: Well, I ate so much crap over the last two days that I have already eaten almost all of my extra roll over points for the week (WW gives you 28 extra points every Saturday, and I already only have 5 left). I'm doing better with staying active, though, so... baby steps? I haven't weighed myself yet. I'm scared :/

QOTD: What pants are you wearing today? I just saw a news report that said the majority of people are not wearing pants for video meetings! Ha! I am currently still in my PJs (Rubber Duckie boxers) but I am planning to put on jeans for the day.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 3/30/20 3:55 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! I am so sleepy this morning despite going to bed early. Kept waking up and going over my calorie intake in my head. I have been good with sticking to plan, but last night I got into some trail mix which I know put me over. Sigh... Over the weekend I gave my cat a bath for the first time. I read online that his breed loves the water and doesn't mind baths. Also that it's good to bathe them every once in awhile. So I go into this thinking it's gonna be a breeze! Well the joke was on me! Ha! He was NOT pleased and started hissing and screaming at me....flapping all around like I was trying to murder him or something. He finally settled down a bit once he realized that I wasn't trying to hurt him, but I ended up getting a bath in the process. At least he's quick to forgive as he jumped in my lap an hour later.

QOTD: haha I normally wake up, take a shower, brush my teeth and put my pj's back on for work which normally just consists of an extra large t-shirt. We don't have video meetings....more like conference calls. Video is optional, but nobody does video. I'm sure most of them probably aren't wearing pants! Lol

B: Either a premier shake or eggs....haven't decided yet.

B2: coffee w/Splenda and sugar free creamer

L: boars head turkey breast lunch meat and cheese

D: Leftover pork and veggies my mom gave me

S: L&F yogurt w/banana

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

catwoman7
on 3/30/20 8:40 am
RNY on 06/03/15

we have four Turkish Vans who are rumored to love water. Ha! That's exactly what it is - a rumor. Three of them are former show cats - and I showed a couple of them (the third was retired from show life by his breeder because he hated baths so much). We ended up in the ER a couple of times with cat bites due to bathing...

MadisonRose
on 3/30/20 10:00 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Ouch! I have a Maine Coon who is normally pretty gentle and easy going....well that is until he came into contact with water. Luckily I avoided being bitten or scratched, but he came close! He also never hisses. Heard him hiss for the first time when I took him to the vet several weeks ago. He's NEVER hissed at the vet before so not sure what the deal was. The second time I heard him hiss was when I gave him a bath. They are funny creatures!

I bet your cats are beautiful!!!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Partlypollyanna
on 3/30/20 4:04 am, edited 3/29/20 9:05 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Morning JB! Yay for getting out and getting to visit (if distantly!) with the family!

i did not leave my house this weekend, not even to go on the deck. I did do a mat workout yesterday so I wasn?t a complete slug - but I was pretty slug-a-riffic over the weekend, I did watch all 10 episodes of Picard, the first season of Liar, did a puzzle while listening to my audio book and finished one of my Netgalley books so I could do a review. I also made my first ever keto baking attempt (chocolate chip cookies but they seemed boring so I added cocoa, ginger, black pepper, sea salt and cake spices. They were good but there?s no worry about me binging and eating them all! One is filling, must be the almond flour.

I did not sleep well, only about 3 hours and that was with lots of waking, I finally got up about 10 to 2. Im not feeling spectacular but am about to go do a walk through the neighborhood though and listen to crime writers on...subject today is The Tiger King!

My stomach is blech so I?m going to keep my memu light today, not even sure I can stomach my usual 3 cups of coffee! Will have to get enough caffeine to avoid a headache though.

1 coffee with half and half, spearmint green tea, cottage cheese and yogurt I think will be my plan today.

Qotd - I am wearing real pants today...I?ve committed to non-stretch pants once a week during isolation! Jeans with no stretch to be exact.

have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 3/30/20 10:09 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Oh my jeans are definitely stretchy. I'm not that committed to getting dressed...

supershopper
on 3/30/20 4:49 am

hi all

I'm on the second cup of coffee meeting at 8 so need to actually have brain working... we to the store and for a walk at the park yesterday. I walked until the sun felt like it was burning my skin and stopped- it was in the high 70's. I at least got in 5000 + steps for the day- its better than nothing which is what I have been getting. I was surprised how much food the stores still had. not much beef pork and chicken fresh but plenty frozen. in the wake of this extension I wonder how much longer we will WFH.

so people here are coming to tear down this shed we bought with the house that smells like dirty animals were kept inside and leaked really bad. I'm a little sad and might ask john to see if we can reuse a little of it for a community food pantry by the road or a little library.

QOTD: lularow legging, shirt and a fleece jacket.

food plan

shake or protein pancakes

gizzards/ketchup/veggies

last of roast/veggies

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/30/20 4:52 am, edited 3/29/20 11:45 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! We took a beautiful drive along Casey Key just north of Venice, Florida yesterday with all the windows rolled down. Almost like being outside...

My DD returns home to Massachusetts tomorrow, which she needs to for her job. I hope she stays healthy there.

QOTD: I have leggings on as I am going out walking in about 5 minutes. I tend to wear them most of the day right now until it gets too hot in the afternoon and I change into shorts (it has been 90+ here in the afternoons lately).

TSS: 4 years

B: Coffee! WW zero point pancake or eggs

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Leftover vegetarian chili

S: blueberry lemon pie and/or yogurt with strawberry compote

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Queen JB
on 3/30/20 10:11 am
RNY on 07/20/15

90+? I am so jealous I could cry. This job would be about a million times more bearable from home if I could do it from the hammock and get a tan, too!

karenp8
on 3/30/20 4:53 am - Brighton, IL

Happy Monday menu friends! Time to start a new week. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and Miss Lily and I got in over 5 miles yesterday. No extra bites either so go me! Weight today is 120.2. QOTD I'm wearing my work jeans,complete with brown,green,gray and white paint as I'll be painting and staining things today. And yes,I am a sloppy painter but the walls look good when I'm finished. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz taco meat with cheese and lettuce D 4 oz baked fish. No snacks. Have a fun day full of great choices everyone!