What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

JuniperBerry
on 4/4/20 3:23 am - MA
RNY on 07/20/15

Isn't it fun how every day is the weekend, now????????

Goooooood morning, friends! I hope you all had a good week and have something fun to do today. I felt good about how much work I was able to accomplish this week and I am happy to take the next two days completely off and have some "fun". First on my list is going outside!!!!! It has been POURING all week, and I literally haven't been outside since Sunday, except for grabbing a package off of the porch... I also plan to get back into my paper crafting. I used to be a pretty prolific book artist, but I let work get in the way and I haven't done any significant artwork in years. Well, I can't claim I don't have time, anymore! I'm also excited to finish sewing our mask stockpile.

Accountability: Ok, we need to get Grim a new hobby. He made two more loaves of bread and then two giant sheet pans of pizza last night. I had two squares of pizza for dinner, but otherwise I ate what I planned.

QOTD: What have you said you don't have time for? Are you going to start, now? Making time for art is #1 and I am excited! I also used 'no time' as an excuse to put off exercise, but I have been better about making time for that in the last few weeks. I've also found the time to learn Spanish :) ...As I write this, I realize how much I am going to hate going back to my 4 hour/day commute, but I am so grateful I am still employed, so I promise I am not complaining.

• 4'11"
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • CW: 130 and dropping... thank you Keto! (2020)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/4/20 4:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

The weather continues to be beautiful here. We take our usual 3-4 mile brisk walk every morning @ 8 am, then an additional 4 walks with Justice (totaling to about another 2-3 miles).

QOTD: I should get back to doing yoga. I had been doing it 2-3 times a week before this all started and I found some YouTube videos to watch but haven't gotten my act together to do that yet.

TSS: 4 years

B: Coffee! Eggs, salsa, black beans and cheese

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Leftover grilled shrimp and broccoli

S: blueberry lemon pie and/or yogurt with strawberry compote and/or WW one point blueberry muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 121.4 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Laura in Texas
on 4/4/20 4:42 am
RNY on 09/17/08 with

QOTD: Nothing exciting, but I am keeping busy doing things around my house I did not have tome to do. My house is 14 years old now so things need updating. My outside lights looked like crap. I was going to replace them but decided to paint them instead. The look so much better now!! Here is a before/after of one of them:

This week my project is cleaning up the back patio. This is even more important since we are having to spend all our time at home

Yesterday I did so well with my eating....until dinner. Ugh. Today will be better!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

JuniperBerry
on 4/4/20 4:48 am - MA
RNY on 07/20/15

Wow, that's a great upgrade :)

• 4'11"
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • CW: 130 and dropping... thank you Keto! (2020)

Greateight
on 4/4/20 5:03 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Great job! Did you just use spray paint?

Jim Age 54 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

World Class Fitness in 100 Words: Eat meats and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, Clean, Squat, Presses, Clean & Jerk, and Snatch, Similarly master the basics of gymnastics: Pull-ups, Dips, Rope Climb, Push-ups, Sit-ups, Presses to Handstands, Pirouettes, Flips, Splits and Holds. Bike, Run, Swim, Row, etc. hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.

Laura in Texas
on 4/4/20 6:17 am
RNY on 09/17/08 with

No. Too messy and I did not want to remove the light. I just used paint and a little artist brush.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

karenp8
on 4/4/20 6:01 am - Brighton, IL

What a transformation! Nice job.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/4/20 7:17 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

That looks great - like brand new!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 121.4 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Gina 18 Years Out
on 4/5/20 2:29 pm - Burleson , TX

LAURA - they look brand new!

RNY 4-22-02... HAG=Honest And Genuine

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:160

I learn something new, EVERY day, from SOME body

Greateight
on 4/4/20 5:19 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

We had virtual happy hour last night. Which means that I fell asleep on the couch at 8:30. Also, we had pizza for dinner, which was a nice treat. I had a good week eating wise and as long as the pizza doesn't stretch into a weekend long binge of eating pizza leftovers, I am good with it.

Our gym ordered more equipment for people to take home, so I have to go at 9:00 and pick that up. Its a curbside no interaction pick-up, and they wipe everything with disinfecting wipes before putting it out on the curb. Other than that , I wanted to finish my book and I need to write a long-ish email for work.

QOTD: I'm with you on not missing the commute, JB. At some point I have a lot of health related materials that I want to read but haven't had time to. I am going to try and do that. The last few days I have felt kind of busy between work, projects around the house, reading and exercise.

Breakfast: Leftover tenderloin and cottage cheese

Lunch: Bratwurst

Snack: nuts

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 54 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

World Class Fitness in 100 Words: Eat meats and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, Clean, Squat, Presses, Clean & Jerk, and Snatch, Similarly master the basics of gymnastics: Pull-ups, Dips, Rope Climb, Push-ups, Sit-ups, Presses to Handstands, Pirouettes, Flips, Splits and Holds. Bike, Run, Swim, Row, etc. hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.