What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 5/21/20 2:53 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Hope you had a better Wednesday than I did... I guess I had another awful allergy attack yesterday I woke up a little sniffly, and thought the day I developed a killer headache and was so tired that I fell asleep on the couch from 5-6pm. I have been taking Claratin, but I guess nothing was going to ward this off! I was so miserable that I didn't even go outside, and it was perfectly sunny, high 60s and no humidity. Luckily today is supposed to be the same, so I hope I can manage to feel well enough to enjoy it today.

Accountability: UGH. The only exercise I did was the swan dive I took into a pile of cheese and crackers.

QOTD: Write a review of your home during quarantine as if you were writing an online review of a hotel stay. I read a hilarious news article where they interviewed people to ask them to do this and I loved reading them. Here is mine:

First of all let me start by saying if I was just reviewing the coffee, this place would have gotten the full 5 stars. The coffee selection was truly excellent and abundant. Additionally, there is an on-site baker who provides delicious homemade breads and other treats on demand. Incredible! The beds are comfortable, and there is plenty of on-site entertainment. However, two of the other guests (small and fuzzy) were incredibly rowdy and did not seem to abide by the set quiet hours hours given by management. They were quite destructive, knocking things over and they mercilessly begged the other guests for food.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 5/21/20 3:07 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm not sure if I'm sad that you didn't include everything in your review . . .

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/21/20 4:40 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I was telling someone this week that haven stopped cooking meals, everything is a snack that I treat as a meal. I need to change that because there are way to many mancks going on around here!

yesterday was the most "normal" day I've had in months -- I went to the office, I went to accupuncture, I had a socially distanced patio visit with a friend and I went to pilates..even though it was all masked and very regimented for safety it was glorious!!

qotd - lovely place, very soothing color palate. Always a little on the cold side, especially the master bath, but sunny and quiet.

Amenities are top notch, especially the variety of coffee and tea options with high quality grab and go snack offerings (very high volume of cheese, though, so could be a concern if you are lactose intolerant). There is a good selection of onsite entertainment, music, puzzles, and more books than you could read in a year (physical and electronic), along with a few puzzles and limited video game offerings. If streaming British mysteries or dramas is your jam, they have you covered. Speaking of jam, there is none. Lodging is woefully short on jams, jellies, and other sugary delights.

Decent workout facilities with a cross section of individual use equipment but only one elliptical. It is nicely interactive and well positioned for viewing said British mysteries while ellipticaling the world, virtually.

There are a number of bunnies that visit the yard and many, many, loud birds...if you are not up early, they will help you get there! All in all, would recommend and I look forward to staying again.

Got in my exercise session this morning, have to clean the house after work and then I'm off Tomorrow. I've decided that even though most events and travel are already cancelled, I'm keeping any of the long weekend slots I had planned because I need the break. Fortunate to still be stupid busy and working remotely, but I need the break!

menu today

coffee with half and half

daves killer English muffin with pb

3 oz ever roast deli chicken with cottage cheese

not sure about dinner

light and fit greek

have a great Thursday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 5/21/20 3:02 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Sounds like you had a great day!

karenp8
on 5/21/20 4:50 am - Brighton, IL

Quick post today before I have to start getting hubby up for work. Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do 2 more later. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.2. QOTD this location is small but packed full of great amenities. Two televisions,Fire Stick,Direct TV,and a DVD player with lots of movies means entertainment is never far away. Food is varied and definitely delicious. Very comfortable bed as well but could not stretch out because there was a snoring dog trying to push me out. Other than the snoring,I highly recommend this establishment. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 2 protein pancakes with sugar free syrup D 4 oz. of whatever protein hubby cooks. I'll stay away from the snacks and do my best to get 100 ounces of fluids too. Have a great day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone!

Queen JB
on 5/21/20 3:03 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Love your review :)

Christina135
on 5/21/20 5:11 am

Good Morning, Happy Friday eve!

QOTD - Dogs. So many dogs. All the dogs.

Breakfast - fasting, hot black coffee, hot green tea, water

Lunch - veggies, pasta, mandarins and strawberries

Dinner - No clue, we have kids tonight so something fast, easy and nutritious

Have a great day everyone!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Melody P.
on 5/21/20 5:54 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning menu friends.

I'm going to be waiting for a call from my doctors office. I'm pretty sure I have a UTI going on. Hoping I can do without an office visit. I'm just so seriously exhausted.

i got in a wee bit over 900 calories yesterday. We watch the kids today for about 4-5 hours. It's a welcome distraction.

qotd: lots of room to move around and plenty of pet hair to go around. The residents like to keep you on your toes and are really demanding. Make sure and keep the bowls filled with food or they like to talk back. Over all a comfortable place to rest.(sorry that's all I got lol)

b:1/2 cup egg beaters 1/2 oz shredded reduced fat cheese

s:pp shake

l:beef veggie soup

s:kiwi

d:not sure yet will edit it in later

s:l&f yogurt

Queen JB
on 5/21/20 3:04 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Hope you had fun with the kiddos today!

MadisonRose
on 5/21/20 6:15 am, edited 5/20/20 11:19 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone. Sunny here this morning, but the rain is moving in. Ugh! Got a call from my pcp yesterday with my lab results. I was told everything looked good except it showed I have an under active thyroid and they want to recheck in 6 months. Oh joy! I was reading about hypothyroidism online though and the symptoms. It would explain my feeling tired and sluggish, my constipation issues, irregular periods, dry skin etc. Oh and lets not forget the dreaded weight gain that seems to come on easily. Blah

Accountability was not the greatest yesterday. Had an ice cream cone. It was so good, but so not worth the calories. Today will be no sweets.

QOTD: A bit small and cramped, but comfortable. Relaxing screened in porch to enjoy the warm weather with a view of some beautiful rose bushes. The resident cat is a bit of a nuisance. Always getting into your belongings, begging for food and wanting to get in your lap 24/7. Food is decent and coffee is excellent.....so many flavors to choose from. There is a treadmill and office for your exercise and business needs. Big screen tv with tons of channels and many great movies for your entertainment pleasure. Also, many great walking trails nearby to see the abundant wildlife. Only a short walk to a beautiful lake where you can fish if you please. Just beware of the snakes and alligators you may encounter along the way. Overall a great place to stay if you can overlook the few negatives. I?d give it 4 out of 5 stars.

B: bacon egg and cheese on a multi grain English muffin and coffee w/Splenda

L: either leftover Mexican from last night (pollo asado with beans instead of the rice) or some egg salad.

D: bbq ribs with grilled zucchini

S: L&F yogurt

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views