What's on your Sunday menu?

catwoman7
on 7/26/20 5:26 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Yikes - Liz and I both posted at the same time, so I deleted mine, but then realized she deleted hers, too! Here goes - hope this'll work!

morning Weekenders!

I'm supposed to meet a friend for coffee later this morning. Hopefully she'll show up on time (she's often late, and I'm one of those who is always on time, if not a few minutes early). I have my virtual conference at noon (Obesity Action Coalition), and I don't want to miss any of it. We were originally supposed to go yesterday, but she waited so long to respond to my invitation that I made other plans. She texted me about an hour before I proposed we meet, but by then it was too late. Hopefully it will all work out today. And hopefully it's not too humid, because I don't want to sit in the building because of COVID - I always opt for outdoor seating these days. So...that's that. Other than the coffee meet-up and the conference, I have no plans for today. It's going to be way too hot (and humid) to ride my bike or take a walk, so I'll have to find things to do around the house.

feel free to throw in a QOTD - I'm really bad at thinking of them!

accountability was great yesterday - will be today as well!!

TSS: 5 y 1 m

B: Greek yogurt with unsweetened cocoa powder and PBFit mixed in, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake and half a bagel with cream cheese. I may have another coffee at the coffee place

L: 1-2 Costco chicken skewers, cole slaw made with Asian-style dressing

AS: ?? Probably a L&F yogurt with raspberries

D: leftover chicken taco

have a great day, everyone!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/26/20 5:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

SO FUNNY! I did the same thing! I am slipping mine in here, then deleting the other one!

Another hot day on Cape Cod. I may sit at our pond this morning before it gets too busy. I was going to kayak this morning but I have a sore knee and back that I have ignored the last few days and apparently need to favor more.

QOTD: What's your favorite way to waste time online? I have a routine every morning with my online time: Check the weather, check email, log weight, read OH threads from yesterday, post on OH threads for today, look at Facebook notifications then newsfeed. Then I read the news, especially in the NY Times. During the day, I check mail and maybe Facebook, but I do a LOT of googling of topics that come up in conversation, reading, etc.

TSS: 4 years, 4 months

B: Coffee! Egg and banana pancake

L: tuna and cottage cheese

D: fish and veggies of some sort

S:bean salad and/or lemon blueberry yogurt pie and/or WW one point muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 7/26/20 5:36 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I seem to be online pretty much all the time now - unless I'm out and about, of course! I always manage to find some rabbit hole to go down - plus I read news (I have a digital subscription to the Washington Post - plus I check CNN and our local news - and sometimes the BBC, too). I check OH every morning and often in the afternoon and evening, too. And I look up all kinds of stuff when I get bored. One of my favorite things to do is to try to find people I knew years ago - like from when I was a child. Unfortunately, I discover more than I'd like to that someone has died. I guess I'm getting to that age -- heart attacks, cancer... It's pretty shocking how many former classmates and playmates have passed on. I'm starting to feel lucky I'm still here!!

karenp8
on 7/26/20 5:56 am - Brighton, IL

Another hot and humid day here in the cornfields of Illinois but Miss Lily and I have our long walk in already. We've been going as soon as I can drag myself out of bed so she can get a good long walk done. Today we headed out at 5:50. I'll do another mile and a half this afternoon and then walk around the block with her about 7. Only plans today are cleaning house. QOTD I check OH each morning and spend about 10 minutes on Facebook. Anymore than that and I want to scream. I frequently Google topics that come up in discussions. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and weight is 120.4. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 baked potato soup D 4 oz baked fish. Have a wonderful day full of smart choices and stay safe everyone!

Erin T.
on 7/26/20 6:04 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! It's going to be another hot one here too. I got in a 3.2 mile walk just as the sun was coming up. This week is the last week of my Fitness Walking class (two PE credits required to graduate!). I haven't really walked anymore than normal, but this class has certainly pushed for me to keep up the walking in the brutal heat of NC summer!

We spent the day yesterday sorting through boxes that Jon brought back from NY. I posted some things on our neighborhood BST group, recycled some things, and put some things in storage. I also made a trip to Trader Joe's. It's the first time I have been since the pandemic began and they have the process locked down for sure! I'm not normally a frequent TJ's shopper, but I wanted some good cheese.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x3
  • English Muffin, Egg, Cheese, Strawberries, Cottage Cheese
  • Balsamic Chicken w/ tomatoes from our garden and fresh mozzarella from TJ's

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

catwoman7
on 7/26/20 6:12 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I remember those brutal summers in Raleigh. I used to work at Belk's at the mall and I had an old car with no A/C. I'd PRAY every time I approached a traffic light that it wouldn't turn red so I'd have to sit there sweltering!!

Queen JB
on 7/26/20 6:06 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning!

Checking in for weekend accountability. Yesterday I got over 10K steps and ate 17points. The birthday zoom was rescheduled to tonight, so I changed up dinner and had more points there since I didn't need to save them all for wine & cheese. That's my plan for tonight, though :)

I spent some time googling up some low point recipe ideas and I am excited for today's dijon tuna burger. It's a can of tuna, mixed with a few tbsps of panko bread crumbs, dijon mustard, lemon juice & an egg...made into a patty and cooked in a skillet. I'll report back, but it sounds really yummy to me--and the only points are from the breadcrumbs!

No real plans for today. I have a lot of aspirations to get going on some crafts I've been meaning to try but I need to convince Grim to cut some wood for me. Other than that, I want to relax, read in the hammock, and go for a nice long walk to get my steps in. If I was smart I would get ahead of some of the work that I will have to face on Monday if I don't do it now, but I have a feeling I won't touch it ;)

QOTD: What's your favorite way to waste time online? Recently, I have infiltrated a private FB group for people who live in AL and all think the virus is a democratic hoax to discredit Trump. They haven't figured out that I am not a local yet, and its a miracle that I haven't been kicked out by the admin, yet. So for the last month, I am on there way too many hours a day, trying to take pee out of a swimming pool and educate this group. I have no idea why I care so much about this little town in Alabama, but I have come to really care for some of the people, even though they are sooooo misinformed.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 7/26/20 6:15 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm FB friends with one the LPN's who works at the nursing home my dad was in the last two years of his life. This guy has a lot of friends like that (I don't think the LPN thinks it's a hoax, but he DOES think it's been exaggerated to discredit Trump) - but a lot of his friends do believe it's a hoax. It's just unbelievable to me that there are people out there who think that - but there are - lots of them, unfortunately

karenp8
on 7/26/20 6:21 am - Brighton, IL

Pretty much my whole town thinks that. My family are the only ones I have seen wearing a mask here. Can't wait to leave. There is no talking sense to them either.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/26/20 8:33 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good luck helping educate that group! PLEASE report back on the tuna burger with the recipe? It sounds really good to me. I have been making a zero point sauce that might be good with this (just mix this all together):

1/2 lemon (1/4 t zest and the lemon juice)

1/2 C plain FF Greek yogurt

1 T dill

1/2 t salt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 327 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 327 views