What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Siacor102
on 9/25/20 12:11 pm

Well I thought I replied to you Juniper Berry but I don't see it. I even reported it to the admin here so if you get two replies my apologies. The lake is actually a man-made lake. The back of our houses are directed towards it so all our neighbors are fortunate to have it as well and we get some great sunsets here in NV.

I think it is great that you met your boyfriend on this site. I am sure it makes things somewhat easier for you both knowing each others limitations and of course the support you can give each other. My husband seems to be coming around at times then the next day is back to square one. I try to tell him we both need to get healthy together but he is against me having surgery and its a hell NO for him having it. I just hope that once I start my process either he will come around or my changed habits will rub off and he will start to drop weight too (he doesn''t have a lot to lose to be healthy maybe 50 lbs but it would be good for him)

Julia S.
on 9/23/20 10:03 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- A beach in Maui, or on a lanai overlooking the ocean looking for whales.

Done with my Zoom call for the day, but I have 2 meetings tomorrow. My cat was on my lap through most of it, so that I could keep him quiet.

I've been working from home since mid March. I've gone into the office a couple of days. We are supposed to be working from home but there are about 5-6 people that continue to go into the office. One of them is an anti-masker so I'd rather not be around him, plus he's just annoying. I do miss being in the office, mostly for the interaction and there are people to ask questions of if I'm stuck on something. In my last job I worked from home exclusively for 2 1/2 years, we had weekly Skype meetings and I could always talk to my boss. But I was happy to get back to an office with people. Some days it is easy to stay focused, others not so much.

It's raining today and is supposed to continue through Saturday. I'm sorry that some of you are getting the smoke from the fires, I know how bad it can be. I wore a KN95 mask (the China equivalent of the N95) anytime I was outside. But I still got a sore throat and headaches from the smoke. I'm hoping the rain will help with the fires.

JB loved the photo of the lights, and congrats on you summit accomplishment!

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Queen JB
on 9/23/20 1:35 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I have only been to the office once since March and I didn't like it. I am much more productive from home. But I think it is really starting to get to some of my coworkers. The ones in their 20s seem depressed and are no longer woking to capacity. I guess when you are in your 20s you still like being around people? Haha. I'm over people, personally. The cats and I are very productive from here :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Dee_Caprini
on 9/23/20 3:32 pm

Why is it that when we are on the phone/busy and need quiet is it seen as a time to be loud for any animal (child included)? Oh the things I do to bribe!! haha

I wi**** was raining over here in California... We need it!!!

Dee_Caprini
on 9/23/20 3:29 pm

Love the Zoo lights photo! I showed my kids and they got a kick out of them. Looks fun!

Trying to get back on track...

I started this morning with 2 eggs and 1/4c cheese
Lunch was Cheese and Ham with cucumbers, made into little "lunchable" bite-size treat.
Dinner my daughter has requested chicken on the BBQ and who are we to deny her, so I will enjoy a chicken thigh over a salad with carrots, purple onion, cucumber and G. Hughes Vinaigrette (OMG, so yum!)
Snacks were difficult today, because I wanted something sweet, so I have a handful of grapes with string cheese and apples with peanut butter.

QOTD: We'd like to go to the Zoo or Seaworld or the Beach... can't think of much else to do on a beautiful day. Though in all honesty, we'd probably be cleaning out our garage because it was cooler... lol

Emiepie
on 9/23/20 4:31 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I like to keep a baggy full of grapes in the freezer, then I can pull just a few out and they are like a little frozen treat.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dee_Caprini
on 9/24/20 10:00 am

Have you tried dusting your grapes with sugar free jello powder before popping them in the freezer? YUMMMMM!

Emiepie
on 9/24/20 10:18 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I will have to try that!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dee_Caprini
on 9/24/20 10:26 am

It's been a while since I did that and I recall Watermelon being really good, Strawberry Banana, and Kiwi Strawberry being realllly tasty!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views