What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/7/20 2:04 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi Friends! Hope you all had a super weekend! Mine was okay, but went too fast, as usual. Saturday we had a big snow storm and my RA started acting up--my joints were all swollen and I was miserable. It passed after the storm blew out, so I guess it was weather related? Anyway, I'm good now :) Sunday was busy with errands and then I decorated gingerbread houses with some OH friends over zoom. They all watched me eat too many extra gingerbread men and lick frosting off my fingers, so I can't pretend I was too compliant this weekend, haha. The rest of the weekend was pretty on plan, though. Here is my finished product. Not a professional job, but it was fun!

QOTD: Do you spill things a lot? I seriously don't know what is wrong with me... maybe I am lacking depth perception? Or need Occupational Therapy? ...But I spill everything all the time. Yesterday's adventure in gingerbread cookie decorating resulted in so many spilled sprinkles on the floor that I could have laid down and made snow angels on the floor in the sprinkles, haha! Then, right afterwards, I dropped my dinner on the floor and had to throw it out! I'm a mess (literally).

Other than those licks and tastes during Gingerbread decorating, I wasn't too bad this weekend. I had to throw away a lot of those extra groceries that were delivered, sadly, but I ran to the store yesterday to refresh my fridge and I am ready for the week!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 12/7/20 2:44 am - Warren, OH

I remember when I was very young, that some older people would know when a storm was coming because they felt it in their bones. I used to think it would be so great to be able to tell the weather by your bones. Now I know it is not great at all.

I consider spilling and dropping things to be a sign of high intelligence. Because really smart people have more important things on their mind than being careful not to spill something. It is like when people behind me blow the horn because I am sitting at a green light. I tell myself I have more important things to think about than some mundane light.

The gingerbread houses are cute. I have never attempted one, but keep seeing kits in the store and tempted to buy one and see how it turns out.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

supershopper
on 12/7/20 4:44 am

hi all

im up and at em... coffee is starting to kick in... only two meetings today but lots to do at work so im cramming...

QOTD: I don't spill that much but I drop things often. not because of a weak grip but im clumsy.

I did an order for Kroger pickup at 6 today and gave myself enough time to go workout beforehand. oh and my new laptop's fan started acting crazy so im taking that back today also.

Food:

b: coffee with premier

water

protein waffle

b2: rest of protein waffle

l: eggs

d: tuna salad? need to make eggs for that

s: unsure probably yogurt

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Melody P.
on 12/7/20 4:51 am - Amarillo, TX

That cheese meme cracked me up! I needed that this morning!

I've got an important call to place this morning. My stomach is in knots, I know whatever will be will be but my stomach and nerves are shot to hell and back.

I've also been in a lot of pain all weekend. Yesterday was extra "special". Just couldn't escape it. There has been an issue with my neck added to the mix. It might be carpel tunnel stuff but my neck on the left side especially has been hurting a lot. Thank goodness for biofreeze. I'm really over this stuff.

Sooooooo.....I ordered a shirt for my mom from Disney's site. I heard they run a tad bit small. HAAAAAA! I ordered a 3xl. Guys... what a freaking joke! I tried it on and it was like a sausage casing on me. Which means it would not fit my mom who is just bustier than me. Sure enough I told her about it and she tried it on...same story. They won't give me a refund just a credit or exchange. I told them in other words to stuff it. I'm so pissed. She wanted a The Child shirt but that wasn't it! I also ordered a pair of special crocs for her...at least they are made by a different company! I am hopeful the new shirts I ordered from tee turtle are better. I have a friend ho orders from them and she said they are high quality. I ordered me a craftaholic octopus shirt...LOL. My moms lost some weight so she needed some new tshirts. I ordered her quite a bit so I hope it's nice for her.

qotd: I spill or drop everything....I mean everything.

b: oatmeal with pomegranate seeds and coffee

l: beans and maybe some faux cheese OR a gf and df donut

d: 1.5 ozs pork butt and maybe some veggie

s: popcorn and ???

had to share this pic I took yesterday of my Percy! One of my favorites.

KalesD
on 12/7/20 4:58 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Have you tried seeing a chiropractor for your neck pain? Such a difference for me since I've started going. My pcp thought the numbness in my hands was due to carpal tunnel - never sent me for further testing so I never got a concrete answer .. but the chiropractor does this weird thing where she massages into my arm pit and does some kind of muscle release along the scapula in there and violia! No more carpal tunnel like symptoms.. it hurts like hell when she does it.. but not having pins and needles in my hands/wrists is worth the 2 min of pain

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Melody P.
on 12/7/20 8:15 am - Amarillo, TX

I am without insurance for now and the clinic I go to doesn't cover a chiropractor unfortunately. With my back being messed up(lumbar region) I'm a little afraid of messing it up more.

thanks!

Christina135
on 12/7/20 5:32 am

Melody, I'm so sorry about the pain. It sounds dreadful. That picture however is the very epitome of a cat, and I love it!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Melody P.
on 12/7/20 8:16 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks!

Percy is a character for sure! Lol

KalesD
on 12/7/20 4:54 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

I am so glad it's Monday. I crave the routine work days bring. Even if work is **** and nothing cooperates - I know what to expect. Tonight I work a full 8 hour shift + 9.5 hours of call until tomorrow morning. It's my first call shift post op, and I'm a little bit nervous as I'm still struggling with fatigue. I'm concerned about being extra tired if I'm called in at 2 or 3am and not being able to function properly to do my job. (Cath lab never sleeps!)

QOTD: I don't really spill things - I am however clumsy and tend to walk into things a lot. My thighs and calves tell the tales in their purple bruises..

B: protein waffles + turkey bacon

S: 1c decaf coffee + 1c fairlife milk + sf mocha

L: deli turkey and Swiss cheese roll ups

S: HB egg

D: 1 oz shredded chicken + 1/2 tortilla + 15g shredded cheese

S: TBD

E: Some light strength training - I don't like to workout on days that I work because I find I don't have enough energy for both work and additional exercise - but I'm trying to incorporate more exercise to help build my stamina..

hope everyone has a fabulous day! ??

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/7/20 5:24 am, edited 12/6/20 9:24 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Those gingerbread houses are adorable! I have never made them before but I know I would eat a lot of the manufacturing materials.

Two more days in Covid quarantine. I could NEVER stay inside for an extended period of time. I have to at least take walks outside or go to the grocery store. We have been taking walks at night after dark while everyone here is inside the last couple of nights. It feels so good to get out and Justice needs it too! He has been really good, but this is difficult for him.

Anyway, we are getting pretty close to 100%. My sense of taste and smell are coming back quickly which means my desire to eat good tasting stuff is coming back. I feel very lucky that all of us (DD, Mike, me, and now Mike's son) have all had mild cases. Of course 80% of cases are mild, but then there is the other 20%. The only benefit of this is that I know I can fly home for Christmas and not be catching/spreading Covid.

QOTD:(ETA) I have always spilled a lot which is why I never felt safe being a waitress. Some days are worse than others though when I seem to spill/drop everything. I think part of it is that I am always thinking about something else (not what I am holding).

TSS: 4 years, 8 months

B: Coffee!!! Steel cut oatmeal with PB2

L: tuna salad and cottage cheese

D: IP chicken with peppers over riced cauliflower

S: blueberry cheesecake yogurt pie and/or nut thins with cottage cheese and/or SF brownie

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views