What's on your Monday Menu?

Melody P.
on 12/7/20 12:17 pm - Amarillo, TX

I just found some Chao shredded cheese and I LOVE IT! So so much better than daiya. I found some vialife(if I remember right) that had a Parmesan style "cheese" a while back but haven't been able to find it since.

I don't miss the heart burn that dairy caused me, and other issues I'm sure. I slipped up the weekend of thanksgiving. My lip is still chapped and raw. Definitely not worth it.

I miss blue cheese as well! And Brie...and..well..cheese...LOL

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/20 10:31 am
RNY on 01/01/14

I like real cheese too- sometimes I just CRAVE the taste of smoked cheese or want real blue cheese taste on something... luckily it doesn't require a lot of the actual stuff to give the taste - particularly judiciously used.

Eating cheese unmelted and sliced is my danger zone - it gives me GERD and gets me FAT ... quick... cuz real cheese is half butter and if like me, you have empty fat cells... you can just APPLY half that serving to your hardest-to-lose body area.

Most of the time I consider that .. ... and decide its not worth it .

Difficult food day Sunday - I baked three low-fat low sugar pies yesterday with leftover pie crusts from Thanksgiving- a crumb topped plum and fresh blueberry w extra FF LS fresh fruit filling , key lime pie with the only fat being a lite crust and 6 organic egg yolks ( I had no IDEA they make nonfat sweetened ( and plain) evaporated milk ... but you'd never know from the authentic taste of the pie that it was slimmed down... and a sugar free banana cream.

Ate some ( very small) slices from each at "tea" mid afternoon but walked an hour with Dad so no great damage . Lunch was leftovers , dinner lite . Brought pie home ..but thank God didn't eat it just before bed

This morning its too cold to swim again.

B- WW toast w low-fat seafood salad FF SF Chai tea lattes

S- ice milk sandwich Skinny Cow

L- cold cuts w FF mayo and mustard , a slice of bread

S- pie

D- TBD

Either cleaning/organizing or setting up Christmas tree .

A friend really stabbed me in the back so I'm hurting emotionally.

I think it was because ( modest ... REALLY modest that it is ..lol.... I Mean REALLY MODEST - shoot I'm practically in a GARAGE band !!!( they'd kill me if they heard that .. those Boyz work HARD and play VERY WELL )... I think she's hung up that we're the same age , she worked as a performer for many years and can't get over her OWN age prejudice ( and food issues !) to dare audition or perform now ... and for what its worth I'm making a ( very modest ) living ( and having a great time ... unlike when I was younger the pressure's off and I'm just ENJOYING now .. ) doing just that .

But I worked VERY HARD for SO MANY YEARS to get to this point ... and I would have been happy to share what I've learned with her if she asked ... but instead she chose another path.

It hurts because I thought of her and treated her as a true friend .. and it turns out she was ready to really, profoundly, hurt me back !

I know hurting people hurt people .. but sometimes the extra slice of pie and procrastination still creep in when I've failed to protect myself.

Its hard for me to trust and when that trust is betrayed it sends into an emotional tizzy ..

Oh well ... I always keep in mind how extremely lucky and grateful I am.

SuMari
on 12/7/20 10:41 am

With my surgery being 2 weeks away, I have been put on a special diet to shrink my fatty liver and lose some extra weight before surgery! Already lost 20 pounds this year, lets see what else I can knock off!

- Premier Protein Caramel Shake for Breakfast
- Premier Protein Caramel Shake for Lunch
- 4ox of Chicken and2 cups of Spring Mix salad with 2 TBS Sugar free G Hughes Sweet Vinaigrette dressing

QOTD: I go through spouts where I am just the clumsiest person I know. and others where I have spidey senses and can see something happen and stop from happening (usually with my kids)

Those Gingerbread houses look so adorable! We decorated our front yard/house yesterday and our kids are getting so excited for Santa.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/7/20 1:35 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Just 2 weeks to go! It sounds like you have been working hard toward getting here so you should do well!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

stacyrg
on 12/7/20 10:44 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Happy Monday. I'm not excited that a new week is starting, but it is what it is. I got a call friday afternoon from an insurance adjuster, who then promptly left the office. So, I still don't know what they're going to do with my car. I've now been reassigned to a third adjuster and have been assigned a personal injury adjuster, so who knows. I'm still really really sore, and its not getting any better, but every time I think it's bad enough to go to urgent care, I drive by and see the line of potential covid patients literally snaking around the building and think "nah, I'm good." I may give in and see if my chiropractor is open. We're under another shut down order, and "personal services" were ordered closed, so I don't know where they fall. I spent saturday looking at/test driving cars but am no closer to a decision, particularly since i'm not 100% sure they're going to total mine, or what my settlement offer will be.

QOTD:

All the damned time. I actually have a depth perception issue. My optometrist figured it out. HE put 3-D glasses on me, showed me a picture, and told me to pick up the butterfly by its wings. My hand**** the page. 3-D movies are 100% wasted on me

My plan:

B: Fairlife latte x2 (our remote connection wasn't working and it's Logan's dogwalker's birthday (he's my friend's son) so I ran out to buy him a cupcake and a card. The grocery store was EMPTY!

L: BBQ chicken (leftover from dinner)

D: no idea. I have parking lot spin. It's day to day, and we're just waiting for them to be shut down

S: Apple with peanut butter

E: Spin

Sheila_H
on 12/7/20 12:50 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Stace, can you do a telehealth with your PCP and have him prescribe something for the pain? You can't just deal with it because our urgent care is overcrowded.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 12/7/20 3:15 pm - Warren, OH

If your PCP does not have telehealth, most insurance plans have a number you can call. I called once and the doctor looked at my sore throat over my iPhone and called in a prescripton for me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 397 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 386 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 251 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 323 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 127 views