What's on your Tuesday menu?

catwoman7
on 2/9/21 4:28 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have classes this morning, then I'm taking my MIL over to the university this afternoon to get her COVID vaccine. Evidently they're including senior auditors with the rest of the university community. YAY! Hopefully that means I'll be able to get in as soon as I'm eligible (right now you have to be 65+). It didn't even occur to me that auditors would be able to have it done over there!! Nothing else on the agenda today, other than exercise (and reading...always reading...)

QOTD: When are you most likely to eat when you're not physically hungry? Oddly, I'm not really an emotional eater. I always thought it might be because I started smoking as a teenager (quit 20 years ago, though), and I associated strong emotions with cigarettes rather than food. Now, my danger situations are when I'm bored, when I'm thinking about creamy textures (which is probably why I eat so much Greek yogurt), or at the end of the day when I realize I'm near the bottom - or under - my calorie range (so I can "afford" to eat more, even thought I'm not hungry). All of those are ridiculous...

accountability was good yesterday.

B: Greek yogurt with some kind of fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: vanilla protein shake blended with frozen strawberries (had this yesterday - and want it again today!)

L: turkey salad

AS: protein muffin

D: maybe yogurt pie (??) (I'm thinking about creamy textures again - I was going to put this down for lunch, but that's A LOT of creamy textures in just a few hours!!)

have a great day, everyone!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Christina135
on 2/9/21 5:09 am

Mernin errybody.

QOTD - Definitely when I'm bored, midday.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - papas and kale guisada on tortillas with vegan cheese

Snack - fruit smoothie

Snack - GS cookies with almond milk

Snack - apple with peanut butter and pepitas

Dinner - tacos, bean and vegan cheese on corn with lettuce and tomato

Have a great day everyone!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/9/21 5:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good news on the vaccine! Our first shots are tomorrow.

Today should be warm and sunny, so beach club during the day then we are meeting friends of mine from up north for dinner. They had their first shots a few days ago. Funny how in this area (where Mike lives), everyone over 65 seems to be able to get them fairly easily, while near my place on the west coast it is still a major competition to get an appointment. There are probably more senior citizens there but one would think that would be accounted for in the vaccine distribution?

Mike and I are enjoying spending more time together these days and I am overwhelmed by his recent anniversary gift (which counts for Valentines Day too). We seem to be on a good trajectory.

QOTD: I want to eat constantly from about 7-8 pm until bedtime and especially crave sweets during that time.

TSS: 4 years, 10 months

B: Coffee!!! Scrambled eggs and cottage cheese

L: guacamole and chicken (I made the guacamole on Sunday so it needs to be eaten)

D: out to dinner - probably fish

S: nut thins and cottage cheese or almonds

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teenie
on 2/9/21 7:22 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

So happy for you and Mike. Laughing at an old post that you needed more you time. When I met DH we were together every day. There have been very few days we have not been together since we met. Once I did a girls vacation and came home to him surprising me by cleaning my wood floor with pledge. I felt like I lived on an ice rink for months and the other times is when he goes hunting. Other than that were together all the time.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/9/21 8:38 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I think what bothered me in the fall was that we ended up essentially living together without it being a conscious decision. The 4 week break at the holidays let us assess everything and we came back together with a fresh outlook. And we made a conscious decision at that point to spend about 50% of our time together. The next 6 weeks will be more or less 100% but we discussed it and decided it made sense right now. We have already talked about not making any permanent move decisions until after a year together (which doesn't mean that we won't be at each other's places, just that we won't make any official changes).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Greateight
on 2/9/21 8:51 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I drove by Beavers Sports Pub on the way home from the airport yesterday.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/9/21 9:01 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

That always cracks me up (kind of)...

Greateight
on 2/9/21 9:30 am, edited 2/9/21 1:30 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I remembered your refusal to set foot in there..

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 2/9/21 9:50 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

It is nice that your relationship allows for communication. It always seems when you guys put it out there your on the same page. This is a great thing in any relationship. And this statement ( we ended up essentially living together without it being a conscious decision) Covid-19 made this decision for you it wasn't anything you guys did. I am just super glad it is working so well for the both of you. Everyone deserves to be happy.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

wrkinprogress
on 2/9/21 5:50 am

Good morning and thanks for getting us started catwoman, (one of these days I'll figure out REAL names)

It's nice to be back posting after a week of catch up with work and family issues. My food has been pretty good but I have added an evening snack here and there which needs to stop. I'm trying to keep up with exercise at home but just don't have heavy enough weights and I feel the difference. The one plus is that I found an app called Intelligent Cycling for home spin sessions - it links into Spotify so the music makes it so much more fun.

QOTD: I'd say that stress eating is probably the one I battle most but I replaced that with the gym. I struggle in the evenings once I'm done with the day and trying to unwind. For some reason a snack makes unwinding easier but it's not a good habit so I may start drinking tea at night. The battle continues....

B - protein shake

L - fire grilled chicken breast strips & asian slaw

S - turkey pepperettes

D - scrambled eggs/cottage cheese & peameal bacon

S - greek yogurt

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views