What's on your (photo) Friday menu?

Melody P.
on 4/30/21 2:59 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone!

I've not got a whole lot planned today. I just have to get a shot in my left eye and my mom needs to go to Walmart. Just need to get some groceries and she wants to look for a certain kind of plant.

I'm not feeling really all to great. Not sick per say but just exhausted and the shot yesterday is making my eye hurt and causing a headache.

QOTD: If you could have a conversation with any figure from the past who would it be?

That's a hard one for me! There are so so many people! Eleanor Roosevelt, Harriet Tubman...so many!

b: just egg, slice of ham, gf toast - coffee

l: undecided on this one

d: I'm thinking egg roll in a bowl

s: popcorn, banana and ???

PIcs are of a necklace I ecked out. I managed to do a decent job even with the eye patch on...felt good to be productive. The last one is my great great grandparents...J.W. And Pearl

KalesD
on 4/30/21 4:45 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

TGIF! So pumped to do nothing this weekend!

B: fairlife latte, 1/2 slice protein bread with 1/2 tbsp PB and 1/2tbsp sf jam

S: 120g skyr, 1tbsp PB, 50g strawberries

l: 1/2 chicken burger, 1/2 slice light cheddar and 1/2 a 'one hun'

s: tbd

d: tbd

S: tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

catwoman7
on 4/30/21 5:32 am, edited 4/29/21 10:33 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have lunch today with a couple of women I met on Bumble (the friend module - not the dating module!). We've all met before, but not as a threesome. I also should probably go to gym and do the weight machines today - will do it later on this morning in case I decide to bike this afternoon. Sunday we're heading to Chicago for the first time since the pandemic started. I have my two-year follow up appt with my plastic surgeon. I'm guessing this will be the last one. I was hoping to be able to spend some time in the city, but now they're calling for rain Sunday and Monday, so maybe not. If it does, I might get together with a couple of cousins - or else hit some of the ethnic grocery stores in some of the neighborhoods away from downtown (since we can park right outside).

QOTD: I guess I'd go with Eleanor Roosevelt, too. I'd be really intimidated to meet any famous person, but I don't think I'd find her as intimidating as most. I think she'd be very warm and accepting - plus I admire what she did and agree with her on just about everything.

B: plain skyr with blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: 1 chicken adobado taco, 1 oz tortilla chips

MS: protein muffin

D: Costco chicken skewer, 1 C low fat cole slaw (I'm in love with this - plus..fiber!)

P.S. Two pounds lighter this morning (from yesterday) - so yes - it was water! Whew!

have a great day, everyone!

White Dove
on 4/30/21 8:12 am - Warren, OH

I was wondering how it was going with the new friends. I am working on getting the courage to go to water aerobics. I did swim all last summer, but it was outside and I stayed out of the locker room. Normally I do water aerobics all winter, but stopped when the pandemic hit last year. At least the outdoor pool will be open by Memorial Day and I can get back in the water.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 4/30/21 10:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I hadn't been to water aerobics in probably 18 months. I was surprised the instructor and a couple of the students remembered me, because I was never a "regular" in that particular class. It was so nice to be remembered, though! There were about 13 of us there, and I was the youngest for sure (most appeared to be around 80), and everyone I talked to had been vaccinated - and I assume the rest of them had as well, given their age (plus our county has been highly compliant with CDC regulations). We were all spread out in the pool, so I felt fine. I knew I'd be fine in the pool, though - I've been more concerned about being in locker rooms. But I stayed after for about 20 minutes to chat with the instructor, so there were only two other people in the locker room when I went in, and they were packing up to leave. I took my stuff to a far corner of the locker room and got dressed there. I felt OK...

as far as Bumble friends, I really like these two and have gotten together with each of them a couple of times. There was another woman I got together with for a walk. I don't think we necessarily "clicked", but I'd be willing to get together with her again. I may contact her about walking sometime next week. I also met a man on there. I was curious how he even got on the friend module because the friend module is either all men or all women. He said he was on the man side for MONTHS and no one else ever got on there, so he went back to his profile and listed his gender as non-binary (or something like that), in order to appear on both the women and the men's sides. He's happily married but has friends of both sexes, so he was totally open to women friends as well. I was a little leery about contacting him because I DON'T want a relationship or to do anything that might make someone think that I do, but I was able to figure out who he was based on some info he had on his profile. I googled him and learned we both were retired from the university and we have several mutual friends, so I figured he was safe. We had coffee once (about a month ago) and really hit it off. I'm going biking with him next week.

Greateight
on 4/30/21 12:18 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

We should go to Galit next time you are in Chicago for a bit longer.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 4/30/21 2:39 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Yes! It'd be great to see you again. I told my cousins I'd come down for a weekend sometime in May or June if the timing (and weather) aren't conducive to a visit with them this time - if so, we can get together as well. In fact, one of them lives in Wheaton...

catwoman7
on 4/30/21 2:39 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

P.S. just looked up Galit - YES! We must go there!!!

Christina135
on 4/30/21 6:11 am

Mernin' errybody.

QOTD - I would go back and talk to my 13 year old self. I have some wrongs I would like to right.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - going to a Mexican restaurant, so....thinking some caldo, no meat. Corn tortillas

Dinner -I am going to pick up Project Pollo, local vegan "chick'n place" for dinner

I hope you guys have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Julia S.
on 4/30/21 6:33 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I would go back and talk to my 18 year old self and tell her not to be so naive and trusting. Not that she would listen, we all have to learn the hard way.

One more week and I'm considered fully vaccinated. I'm looking forward to seeing my BFF without social distancing, and I want to hug her. I am also so glad not to have to wear a mask when I go walking. There is some hope for a return to "normal" some time soon.

My SIL forced my brother to get vaccinated, he had his first shot on Monday. He was spouting all this nonsense about over 2000 people have died from the vaccine. I have no idea where he gets his information.

We have one movie theater that has re-opened but it will probably be shut down again. I want to see a movie so bad... not that there is much to see. I have the Regal Unlimited pass but it doesn't do me much good when there is only 1 place to go and it isn't a theater that I like. It's at a mall and the parking is horrible.

I went down a rabbit hole this morning and didn't like where it ended. I got my ballot for the election and it had a name from the past. There was a father and 2 sons that I worked with at the phone company. They all had the same initials so we called them 1, 2 & 3. Number 1 was the old man, he was wonderful. He always made me laugh and would call just to work with me. He died in 2013 and I only found out about it today. He was a good guy, I'm sorry that he is gone. His 3rd son was on the ballot, he worked for the phone company but got fired for some reason, he ended up as a firefighter and was running for the fire board that's how it all got started. I did some ride alongs with his engine is how I knew him.

It's Friday so have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 342 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 149 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 263 views