Amy Liz’s Posts

Amy Liz
on 12/29/16 3:09 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Yes,  I love ricotta bake! I have no appetite and eating 3 x a day is tough for me. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine myself saying that!!

Amy Liz
on 12/29/16 9:05 am

I'm going to have to try that!!!! Thank you!!!

Amy Liz
on 12/29/16 8:59 am

Ohhhhh that sounds so good!! I'm in California and I see that all the time, never had it though. Now I have to try it!

Amy Liz
on 12/29/16 8:52 am

QOTD- NYE is a stay at home night anymore. I don't drink, but I don't want to be on the road at all!! We make a special dinner or appetizers, play games and try to make it to midnight!  

5+ weeks out

B-1oz dill Havarti cheese, 10 cashews

L- L&F strawberry yogurt

D- baked chicken thigh, no skin about 2oz

I am having trouble getting in enough protein and can no longer stomach shakes. Thank goodness my Unjury order will be delivered today!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Amy Liz
on 12/29/16 8:29 am
Amy Liz
on 12/29/16 8:28 am

I'm 5+ weeks out as well. I had a solid stall on weeks 2 and 3!! It's harsh, but it will pass!! Do you have any trouble eating? I am trying desperately to get in my protein w/out protein supplements, but I can't just can't eat enough to get there. I'm going to try shrimp ****tail!

Amy Liz
on 12/28/16 6:21 pm
Topic: RE: Body Image...

You look great!! Love your shirt!!!!!

Amy Liz
on 12/28/16 6:17 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu RNYers?

Hopefully I will be able to tolerate swallowing them down the road as well. I will keep testing now and again, the chews are expensive! Thank you! I can't eat enough protein to meet my goal yet so veggies are out until I do!

Amy Liz
on 12/28/16 12:45 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu RNYers?

QOTD - I've always New Years Resolutions to lose the weight...this year it will actually come true!! More than that, my resolution is to live an active lifestyle. As the weight comes off it will be easier, but even right now, when it isn't so easy -to be actively finding ways to take more steps, more walks, more treadmill and in January I will be getting back to hiking and will be joining the gym. In the spring maybe a bike? Starting slow, but building up to be healthy and active!! 

B- L&F yogurt - cherry

L- went out to lunch, my first meal out since surgery. I got a salad and ate a couple bites of steak and blue cheese YUM! 

D- Leftover steak and blue cheese from lunch 

V- Doing the best I can on vitamins, the multi and B12 are no problem. However, I cannot swallow the calcium pills. Even the petites are to big and make me gag. I have such an aversion to them now even if I split them I can't do it. I just ordered BA calcium chews, can't wait.

I miss salad and fresh veggies. How long before I can have these? I'm about 5 1/2 weeks out.

Amy Liz
on 12/27/16 2:41 pm
Topic: RE: is there anyone out there like me??

"Many of us (myself included) have used that full sensation as an emotional crutch.  A full stomach comforts us." Exactly what I have been feeling lately. Although I am only 5 weeks out, have no hunger and could care less about food right now, I really miss this! That satisfaction, that feeling of full numb comfort that food used to give me. I swear I'm in mourning.... 

Amy Liz
on 12/27/16 11:35 am
Topic: RE: 5 weeks out, is it to soon for prime rib?

I agree, softer dark meat or saucy chicken give me less trouble than white meat or dryer chicken in general, no matter how well I chew it!

Amy Liz
on 12/27/16 10:09 am, edited 12/27/16 2:22 am
Topic: RE: What's on your menu today (Tuesday) RNYers?

QOTD - I would live in the Pacific Northwest! I'd have a  great place in the city - Seattle and another in the mountains. I LOVE the rain, it's so beautiful and for all the wonderful calm comfort and peace it brings to my soul!!

B- L&F blueberry yogurt

L- chicken enchilada - chicken part only

D- 'pizza' - using a mini cast iron skillet - SF sauce, light mozzarella, turkey pepperoni -baked until bubbly and golden. 1st time trying this tonight, can't wait!

Amy Liz
on 12/27/16 9:53 am
Topic: RE: 5 weeks out, is it to soon for prime rib?

I'm also 5 weeks and I am allowed to have what ever meat I want as long as it is on the softer/tender side and I chew it to death. I would love to have a couple bites of juicy tender prime rib! I think it would go down better than most of the so called safe chicken I have had that has given me a little trouble.

Amy Liz
on 12/22/16 8:17 am

Good morning!!!

I am obsessed with the scale!!! It's the first thing I do! I get naked, pee, spit a few times (lol) and get on it! I can't NOT weigh! It can be disappointing especially during a stall bu****ching it go down is HEAVEN!!!!!

B-Protein shake

L-Ricotta Bake

D-Meatballs w/spaghetti sauce

V-yes

Exercise - Walking an hour a day - some on breaks at work, the remainder with the dogs or on the treadmill at home. Can't wait to join the gym and start weight training next month!!

Amy Liz
on 12/21/16 12:29 pm
Topic: RE: Feeling great now, one month surgiversary!!!!

After some severe pain for the past 2 weeks, a possible hernia scare on top of a complete stall on weeks 2 and 3 post op, I am happy to report I don't have a hernia, I'm out of pain finally and my stall ended in a whoosh of 10 pounds this week!!

Month one - DONE!!! 25 pounds bites the dust!!!!

Amy Liz
on 12/11/16 3:25 pm
Topic: RE: scare of my life

Wow that must have been so scary! I'm glad you are okay and home now. Sending healing vibes and wishing you a speedy recovery!

Amy Liz
on 12/11/16 2:47 pm
Topic: RE: Possible hernia....

I'm worried about my bowels as well. I had gas the other day aand it was so incredibly painful I have a feeling they are being affected. I'm hoping to take care of this asap so it doesn't get worse. 

Amy Liz
on 12/11/16 2:39 pm

I was worried about the dr not taking it seriously also because what I've read about other people's experiences. I'm hoping they are able to find out for sure tomorrow and get it taken care of as soon as possible!! 

Amy Liz
on 12/11/16 11:22 am

I'm 3 weeks outs For about a week, I've been having this horrible pain on my left side under one of my incisions. Feels very muscular.... callled my surgeon he thinks it could be a torn internal stitch or a hernia. I'm going to see him tomorrow morning. He said if it was a hernia, it would require surgery cuz they don't go away on their own. He said it only takes about  20 minute procedure to fix. Has anyone had this? Wondering about recovery time as I am back to work and want to know what to expect. 

Amy Liz
on 12/9/16 1:46 pm
Topic: RE: Frustrated...weight gain

I was thinking the same thing of NUTs. I would love to have seen a NUT that had the surgery and knows of what she speaks a little more. I wonder if there are bariatric dr's that have had the surgery????  I had though of cutting the yogurt, beans and anything with a higher carb count. Those items were never included on any low carb diet I've done before.  I am struggling a little - trying to balance this new way of eating, drinking and vitamins isn't easy!! I need to walk more than I do and up the fluids too. Thank you for all your support, you're awesome and I really appreciate it!

Amy Liz
on 12/9/16 12:59 pm

I'd love a 'whoosh'!! Whooshes for everyone!!!!!!

Amy Liz
on 12/9/16 12:30 pm

Okay here are a couple days - very typical. My NUT says I can have cream of wheat or rice but that doesn't sound right, I though we were supposed to focus on protein?  I stay away from it. My doctor told me it was okay to eat peanut butter and spagettio's or other soft noodles, I was confused, I thought pasta was a no-no and again I stay away.

B-decaf w/SF creamer, Premier protein Choc shake L-1/4 c egg salad D-1/4 c refried beans w/salsa S - half of light and fit vanilla yogurt

B-decaf w/SF creamer, Premier Protein Choc shake L -1/2 c cottage cheese D -1/3 c ricotta bake  S- half of light and fit vanilla yogurt

Am I eating too many calories, dairy or carbs? I drink as much as I possibly can, but at least 64 most days, sometimes a lot more.

Amy Liz
on 12/9/16 10:45 am

Thank you Daisydoo02! I'm only 2 wks/5 days out and I'm already plateauing. There has been no movement on the scale whatsoever for the last 10 days. To be this new and already having this issue is messing with me badly today. I keep having to remind myself that my body just went through a major trauma and it takes time to heal. I need to be kind to myself, thank you for the reminder!

Amy Liz
on 12/9/16 10:24 am

"Please be kind to your mind, body and soul" I needed this today, thank you!

Amy Liz
on 12/7/16 10:16 am
Topic: RE: Frustrated!

Thank you all for the support!! It really means a lot!! Keeping my food choices simple and on plan and staying away from the scale!! I've decided to weigh only on Sundays to close out each week. Hopefully I will have better news then!!!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 383 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 223 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics