Did Yoga for the first time post-op!

Altogether1
on 5/2/09 8:09 am
I'm about 6 weeks post-op and my body really really needed a good stretch so I took a yoga class this morning for the first time since surgery and two things struck me as interesting:

1. I was able to get in poses I never imagined before and hold them for as long as others (although obviously this isn't about competition)
2. My balance was completely messed up! There is a pose called "Tree" where you stand on one leg. I've always been very good at it. I couldn't even do it holding on to the wall! So my balance is re-adjusting to my new weight.

Some poses felt dangerous for my stomach and I asked the teacher for easier alternatives.  Any other sleevers out there love yoga?

All in  all it was an awesome experience.

Mimi
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wxtk4Fq/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wxtk4Fq/weight.png">>

aniduff
on 5/2/09 9:56 am - Red Deer, Canada
VSG on 04/17/08 with
I love yoga...but have yet to get to a class...
I live out in the country...and have to go to town for classes...Just never seem to get there...but I have been considering paying for a group of classes...so that I will have more motivation to get there. 
I really do love the way yoga makes my body feel!!!

D.O.S-217
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.

Robert Collier

JoleneH
on 5/2/09 10:29 am - AZ

That's so great!!!  I have a friend that goes to a class regularly.  I think it would be really good for both the mind and body.  I really want to go once I'm post-op.  I'm a little hesitant to go now though.  But maybe I'll get a jump start on it - just need to work up the nerve.

Glad you are experiencing new things!!!

Leah H.
on 5/2/09 10:44 am - TX
I do a Body Flow class occasionally whi*****orporates Tai Chi, Pilates and Yoga. I LOVE it. :) Good for you!

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

squirrellady
on 5/2/09 11:35 am
That is so awesome, good for you. I have started working out with a personal trainer and made it through the first week but when I get further along and can work it in I am going to try yoga. I have always wanted to but was afraid of the poses with being such a heavy weight. I think it sounds like it is so good for the mind and the body. I am proud of you for going today.
Sharon

Carmen C.
on 5/2/09 11:36 am
RNY on 08/08/12
I can't say I love yoga, but I have tooken classes. Good strength training, and easy on your body.

Had RNY on 8/8/2012- revision from Gastric sleeve in 12/2008-  
LOST 5.8 POUNDS POST-OPT

cdawson0425
on 5/3/09 2:36 pm - Houston, TX
Hi Mimi,

I love doing the yoga on the wii fit. It is awesome. If you want to tone get a wii gaming system with the wii fit. I love it and I still go to the gym. I get up every morning and do the wii fit yoga and strength training.

Channell
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 102 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 325 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 369 views