Incision scars...once healed what do they look like?

Dandy_DeeDee
on 10/23/10 1:01 am
I have to say, I like hearing that yours are like Brandilynn's too, it gives me some hope! *Giggles* 
Disappearing Me
on 10/23/10 1:08 am - Murphysboro, IL
I haven't had WLS yet, but I did have a laparoscopic cholecystectomy six years ago.  My scars are very small, only slightly discolored and the biggest one is about an inch long.  Sometimes I have a hard time remembering where they are and it takes a few seconds to find them.  Honestly, the stretch marks are far worse, that's the part I'm worried about.
Dandy_DeeDee
on 10/23/10 1:14 am
I don't really have stretch marks, but I understand what you mean, I also worry about sagging skin because I have such a high BMI.  I definitely think I'll need cosmetic surgery once I make it to goal weight, so why I'm so concerned about the scars from this laporascopic surgery is sort of funny! *Giggles*  However, I also hope to be able to wear a bikini someday and would like a nice stomach to show off with that bikini! *Giggles* 
Disappearing Me
on 10/23/10 1:20 am - Murphysboro, IL
Yeah, I had a set of twins, carried them almost full term and got beyond huge.  I can't even count how many stretch marks there are, probably at least 50, probably closer to 100.  I'll never see a bikini!  
Dandy_DeeDee
on 10/23/10 6:02 am
I'm not saying I'll be able to wear a bikini, I'm just hoping! *Giggles* 

My son was 9 lbs and 1 and a quarter oz and he was born 3 weeks premature and I weighed 240lbs when I got pregnant with him and gained at least 80 lbs during my pregnancy!  I can certainly imagine what your poor stomach endured with twins, I had pain from the stretching of mine!  But I'm sure they have been worth it, I know my son has been!  The sacrifices moms make huh? *Giggles*
abejita
on 10/23/10 2:50 am - dallas, TX
Ok, you are lucky...I've never posted body pictures before.  Here is my tummy now.  I carried most of my weight in my arms and thighs.  The scars really are not noticable.  I took a pic without the flash and you couldn't see them...they only showed up with the flash.  The more noticable ones are like that because I had trouble with them opening up, the one over my belly button healed up perfectly and you can hardly see it even with the flash.

I am putting links here because I never have luck posting the pics...someone can repost them if they want...

Flash pic

Non-flash pic

Side pic

The red lines are just from me sitting around before I took the pics.

mary

I'm 5'4"      SW 220 / CW 130 / GW 115
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/10 2:56 am
VSG on 05/04/09 with

Girlie!  You have such a lovely waist!

Abejita's flashy belly

her nonflashy belly

And her side picture

Dandy_DeeDee
on 10/23/10 6:03 am, edited 10/23/10 6:04 am
WOW!!!  I agree with Brandilynn and Belize Sleeve, you have a great waist and stomach and your scars are so minimal!  Thanks so much for sharing! 
Katester
on 10/25/10 3:20 am
I just wanted to say that you look AWESOME abejita. I am so jealous! ur stomach looks great!
abejita
on 10/23/10 3:25 am, edited 10/23/10 3:26 am - dallas, TX
Why, thank you!  I've always had a little waist and big hips...makes it hard to find pants that don't gap up.  I think right now, I have a 27" waist and 38" hips  :-0

It also helps your scars to not show if you are ghost white like me, LOL!

mary

I'm 5'4"      SW 220 / CW 130 / GW 115
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views