Coffee?

JadedPerception
on 10/26/10 7:47 am - Las Vegas, NV
Anyone out there drinking any type of coffee or caffinated beverages?

*Jolynn*

phred
on 10/26/10 7:55 am - CO

I occasionally drink coffee, but mainly like iced mochas.

I make my own at home, using ice cubes, lo-fat milk, instant decaf coffee, and chocolate protein powder.

I think we are told not to use caffinated drinks because caffine is a diuretic and will tend to dehydrate us.

HTH, and hugs,

Fred

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

Lionetta
on 10/26/10 8:38 am - AZ
I've had a cup of English Breakfast Tea every morning since I was 2 months out. BUT I make sure I add another 8 ounces to my 64 ounces daily liquid requirement to make up for whatever diuretic effect it has on me. My NUT recommended doing that to balance it out. So, 8 ounces of tea means 8 more ounces of water to my 64. And it's really not so hard to do when you're a Sipping Queen like me. 

Rally, it's not ...

HUGS!

HW: 335 SW: 279 GOAL: 150 ~ or less. 

TinkerToot
on 10/26/10 8:54 am - Albany, LA
I drink a cup of coffee in the morning. The only thing my Dr told me not to drink is carbonated drinks.
Kelley S.
on 10/26/10 9:20 am - Pekin, IL
2 1/2 years out and I have had coffee every day since surgery...I actually mix cold coffee with Jay Robb's vannila whey protein and a lil bit of creamer and have a wonderful breakfast coffee shake every morning...YUM. It has never bothered me and I was never told I couldn't and my sirgeon knowa I have it. At first hot coffee bothered my tummy a lil bit, but now it is fine! I don not, however drink any carbonated beverages!

20 lbs. pre-op

novascotiadawn
on 10/26/10 9:29 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Almot 2 1/2 years out and drink lots of coffee everyday!...Too much, instead of eating!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

abejita
on 10/26/10 10:00 am - dallas, TX
I drink a cup or two of regular (caffinated) coffee a day.  I didn't at first when my stomach was acidy, but once that went away, I started drinking coffee again.

mary

I'm 5'4"      SW 220 / CW 130 / GW 115
JadedPerception
on 10/26/10 10:43 am - Las Vegas, NV

You all are inspirations! This gives me hope as to my coffee and still losing weight!

*Jolynn*

farewell2fat
on 10/26/10 11:26 am - Apopka, FL
 Thank goodness because I'm a coffee lover & was worried!! Gives me hope that I can enjoy it & still lose weight!!

sleeve genie
on 10/26/10 11:31 am - Alhambra, CA
i have two cups every morning,  i was reading Dr C's guidelines and he says if you can dring 2 litres of water a day you can have coffee!!! yeah,   can't imagine not having it 
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 465 views