3 Month (although it's 4 months) Checkup

MizzBombChelle
on 3/24/11 6:22 am - Silver Spring, MD
Hi OH -
So I went to see my surgeon yesterday.  I had to reschedule my 3 month check up last month due to work projects.  He couldn't fit me in until yesterday.  I looked at it as an opportunity to get some more pounds off!

My blood work showed that my blood count was good but my Vitamin D was low. I've never known anyone who has had that problem.  I had no idea that I would have it.  Oh well, he gave me a prescription for it. I told him that I would be in Jamaica in a couple of weeks and I will definitely soak up some sun!  My cholesterol also was a little high but he wasn't really concerned.  My BMI is at 36 - in November last year it was 46. Woohoo!!!  He said I am 35% EWL which exceeds what he expected.  I felt good leaving his office.  I'm on the right track FINALLY in my life and I'll be damned if I make a U-Turn.

I'm happily doing the 9 week program on my Wii Active 2 and loving it.  I searched and searched for some exercise that I could learn to like.  This is fun and last night, I burned 273 calories!  Yaaayyy me!

To those who are unsure, just know that having this surgery is the best thing I have ever done for myself!

P.S.  Brandilynn if your reading this -- I have a new Maxwell and it's blue. It's a birthday gift to myself.  I plan to "crack it open" on my birthday Saturday!

Chelle     Height: 5'7"     HW:  299.5 SW: 290.8 CW: 244.6 GW: 158.0      

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 6:26 am - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
DO NOT CHIP YOUR TEETH!!

'Hahahahahaha!!

WHOOOT!!  I am so proud on you, my baby!  Actually a buncha folks have low D, its pretty common for a lot of folks, so I know you can pull that up!! 

I AM SO PROUD ON YOU!!  Did I tell you that already?  I really really am!!! 

GURL NEEDS SOME SPANKINS, to go with your face massage and your ear cleaning!  :} 

*squeeezee*

Happy birthday soon, Happy Jamaica Mon, and DONT BOGART THAT JOINT!!

Either one of them!  :}  MUWAH!
MizzBombChelle
on 3/24/11 6:38 am - Silver Spring, MD
DO NOT CHIP YOUR TEETH!!

I spit out my water onto my keyboard!  You crazy woman.

Thanks for being proud of me. It means alot.  You are an inspiration so for you to be with me on my journey is great! *sloppy kisses and tight hugs to you*

How about all of them!!!

My face massager and ear cleaner is so pretty and I can't wait to try it out.  Maybe in Jamaica I won't have to use it because I'll find me a man named Dexter Mandingo and he'll be able to give me a full body massage MON!!!

Chelle     Height: 5'7"     HW:  299.5 SW: 290.8 CW: 244.6 GW: 158.0      

wareagle40
on 3/24/11 6:39 am - AL
Vitamin D definciency is very common.  I was diagnosed with it way before my surgery.  I had chronic pain, rash and exhausted all the time.  They thought it was Lupus and turned out to be Vit D.  My cousin is in nursing school and she said they are going to change it from a vitamin to a hormone because of the effects of the defiency.  It's a fat soluable(sp) vitamin so people that are overweight have a hard time breaking it down. It stores in the fat cells.  Google it you will be surprised also it causes obesity.
Crabadams72
on 3/24/11 12:18 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Congrats on your weight loss.

Yes, add vitamin D deficiency to the long list of ailments we black folks are prone to having.
http://news.medill.northwestern.edu/chicago/news.aspx?id=162 068

Our melanin blocks the absorbtion of vitamin D from the sun.  I had a doctor yrs ago that was into holistics and she was always advocating getting outdoors.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views