Any Dr. La Masters VSG Des Moines Iowa?

Gracieteddy
on 3/29/11 8:17 am - IA
Just wanting to talk with some people who go to the support groups ......

KIMMYEGG
on 3/29/11 8:55 am - DES MOINES, IA
 Hi..I live here in DSM too!! Only, I didnt qualify for my Ins to pay so I am going to mexico to have it done May 4...I cannot use Mercys support group if I didnt have surgery with them, so where are some other groups? Is methodists an open group? How do you like your sleeve?
Kimmy..xoxo             
Gracieteddy
on 3/29/11 10:51 am - IA
Have you tried resubmitting to your Ins? Sometimes it is worth the fight. Which Ins do you have? There are places in the US that have private pay prices I think Tenn, or LA.( 60 min did a story on this) I know someone who went to KS and paid cash and goes to our support group. I think our group may be open because some mercy people come.
It is still to early to feel really good about my sleeve but it is helping me not eat I even have trouble with thick liquids and I am not hungry.
I will be two weeks on Thursday.
Mexico makes me nervous just because if you had complications it could be problematic. One of the problems with private pay is you are also responsible if there were complcations. Just some things to think about.
KIMMYEGG
on 3/29/11 12:05 pm - DES MOINES, IA
 Thanks for the advice!!  I have waited long enough though, and I am in the medical field, hoping my researching will carry me through..I know this is going to be a good thing!! Where do you guys meet and when?
Kimmy..xoxo             
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 91 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views