Questions to sk Dr. at 1st meeting

Susan0714
on 3/31/11 11:14 pm - Kenner, LA
I am having surgery on May 2nd, I will meet my doctor for the first time on April 26th. I have been thinking about what to ask him, questions.  I am at a blank slate... 

I was hoping to get some help, in questions that you guys might have asked your doctor's when you met them right before your surgery!

Thanks for the help.. 

Susan

jluvsme
on 3/31/11 11:21 pm - HI
For me I wanted to know what the latest research was on the outcomes for weight loss and long term impacts of the sleeve.  I also brought my FMLA and TDI paperwork so that would be done before I had to go out on leave.  I verified how long in the hospital, what were the goals I would need to be able to meet to go home and what was a realistic time off work for me.  I also asked a lot of questions about what kinds of factors seem to lead to more problems for patients in terms of not losing or regaining weight and that was very helpful.  I brought my hubby who I trust and he thought of questions I didn't and wanted to have asked.  Maybe you can carry around a paper to jot down notes and questions between now and the appointment so that you have all your questions ready. 
Susan0714
on 3/31/11 11:40 pm - Kenner, LA
Thank you, for your ideas, I had a little pad that I had wrote 1 question down on, and I just could not think of anything else to ask him. 

I have also found that I have asked questions to the nurses before, and they have answered some of my questions.. So, I was trying to think of ones, that I had not already asked the nurses.  I am a student, I have returned back to school to further my education. And  my concern is my book bag, and the desks that I sit in at school. Those were questions I asked the nurses.

I am just afraid I will have some questions after I have seen him, and I won't be able to ask him again before the surgery. you know those, questions that you think of like 5 minutes after you leave someone, or someplace and you are kicking yourself for, forgetting to ask that queston when you had the chance. That is what I am trying to avoid.

So, thank you for helping me to think of some.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 94 views