The ONLY thing I miss after VSG...

farewell2fat
on 4/2/11 1:20 am - Apopka, FL
This is gonna sound incredibly dumb, but the only thing I miss is my beloved diet coke. I was a MAJOR diet coke addict pre-surgery. I know I'm better off without it, but I do miss it. It was my only vice. I have tried a sip or two of my husband's & it just doesn't taste the same at all. I miss the feeling it gave me, the taste of it!! I'm tired of drinking unsweetened tea & water!!! Wahhhh!!!!!

sundaymorning
on 4/2/11 1:25 am
 <3 diet coke<3  I am to in mourning of my diet coke losss.   I haven't tried it yet because I don't want it to make the craving worse.  I miss going through a drive-thru and ordering a large Diet Coke and re filling it througout the day.  :(
gymmom33
on 4/2/11 1:28 am - Edgewood, WA
 I hear ya!! I quit drinking DC last Sept.....That was my morning caffeine since I dont drink coffee. I miss the fizziness and the way it made me feel. It just woke me up every morning!!  I tried to drink the diet minute maid lemonade, thinking it wasnt carbonated so it would be ok. But I think it was the acid in it that upset my tummy.  Guess I'll just stick with the protein shake and crystal light! Actually my new love it Diet V8 Splash tropical flavor. Its got a light fruity flavor and only 10 calories in 8 oz. I dont like regular V8, but the Splash is a mix of 5 juices and its really good. Its at Walmart for only $1.98 for 64 oz. You should try it!

HW 367 Start of liquid diet 342  SW 325  CW 199 GW 160
    Diane
fattofabinfeb
on 4/2/11 1:38 am
Not dumb at all!  I have 4 12 packs of lime diet coke and 3 12 packs of caffeine free diet coke in the basement.  Not to mention a rack full of both in the fridge.  I miss it soooo much.  And driving thru drive-ins to get a cool one sucks too.  And now my local Micky D's stopped selling the lite lemonade so now there's nothing bu****er.  Only consolation is when the warm weather hits (if it ever does in New England) I can start up my addiction to iced coffee......

Lisa D.
on 4/2/11 1:56 am - New Orleans, LA
OK I am going to post this knowing that I may be reprimanded but here goes.... I love Coke Zero.  At my 6 week check up with surgeon I told him that I had let a bottle sit open for 2 days and then drank it flat.  He said that was fine as long as it was in moderation because of caffeine.  Now about twice a week I will have a glass.  I get the 20oz bottle and it lasts the whole week. It has been hot here (80's) and after being outside I just need that sense of refreshment.  Ok, I can take your responses now.  But wait while I get my Coke Zero!
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

carabarnes
on 4/2/11 2:26 am
Sweeten your tea with splenda. I love it.

Cara 
current weight 123
I'm 28 and 5'5.

cindymomof4
on 4/2/11 2:36 am - Greenwood, IN
I am preop and totally addicted to Coke Zero!  I know I'm going to miss it. 
KCChris
on 4/2/11 3:22 am - KS
 I was absolutely insanely addicted to Coke Zero!  I am happy to say though now that I don't miss it :)
My heart is all mine and my mind is free. That's all the revolution; revelation that I need.
Babynesh05
on 4/2/11 2:55 am - Germany
 I drink diet root beer I let sit in the fridge for a day and it tastes soo good.. i only take 1-3 sips out of it.. but I dont have the taste for soda like i used to either..

GW 1: 200 COMPLETED! 193-Feb 15th 2011
GW 2: 160 COMPLETED! 160-May 12th 2011
GW 3: 140 COMPLETED! 140-June 17th 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Samantha L.
on 4/2/11 3:30 am
i used to loooove diet coke and drank it every day, then i started getting nauseated every time i ate and having weird foggy feeling headaches like i was hungover...... then i did some research on the the fake sugars they use to sweeten and found some articles on people's reactions to it, brain tumors and things. needless to say i was freaked out and i stopped drinking it.

when i stopped drinking it and stopped using fake sugars, my nausea and foggy feelings went away completely. i actually only get nauseated feeling when i have something with those chemicals in it now. i don't know why, i suppose my body just knows its not right

stevia does not bother me though, that i can tell so far. the sugar in gum does, however, not sure if its the sugar or something else in gum but if i have more than half a piece i will feel sick, been this way for a couple years now.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views