Tomorrow starts pre-op diet !

jennkitt
on 4/3/11 3:21 am - MI
Tomorrow starts my 3 week pre-op diet (self-inflicted)!  I have a busy school week and will be on the go, so thought, "what the hell", let's do this for 3 weeks instead of 2.  On the menu, lunch: gyro and a few onion rings (I left food on the plate!!)  Dinner: Indian with a piece of naan.

Went to Walmart and stocked up: yogurt, apple sauce, cream of wheat/rice, and V-8 which joins my 5 containers of Unjury and EAS.  Actually looking forward to starting this journey.... wonder if the excitement will still be here Tuesday.....

Anyone else starting this week?

Jenn
HW: 305, Consult: 285, Day of surg:261

tanieanie
on 4/3/11 3:42 am - WI

YAY.  thats exciting.  I dont think anyone but those of us on the journey can appreciate the excitment of starting a liqued diet.  But it represents the start of a new beginning and that THIS is REALLY happening.  YAY    Im waiting for a date still but my surgeon is hoping to get approval and get me in by the end of this month.  Im soooo excited and Im excited for you!!!!!!

linda B.
on 4/3/11 5:59 am - lone oak, TX
Hey there jennkitt...I am starting my two week liquid diet tomorrow...5protein shakes a day, NO food...my doctor says "eating is not an option"....my surgery is Apr 18th..I am actually excited about starting this. My daughter has been on the liquids for two weeks now..one suggestion she has is to add myralax or benifiber to the shakes to help with constipation. Good luck to ya....

ckb70
on 4/3/11 6:03 am, edited 4/3/11 6:04 am - Morrisville, PA

I tried to do 3 weeks also self-inflicted!  My surgery is on April 12th...my doctor only requires 5 days of liquid.  I did great and was feeling good until Friday...so tired and not feeling well.  Ate a bit more food and will go back on the liquid tomorrow.

FYI...I just bought the Six Star Whey Protein from Walmart and it is quite good. 

Good luck to you! 

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
jennkitt
on 4/3/11 6:18 am - MI
Hello fellow pre-op dieters!  I think I am pretty lucky with my diet, I can have yogurt, applesauce, protein pudding/jello, V-8, some hot cereal and green veggies.  I'll see how it goes, I only HAVE to do 2 weeks, if it is intolerable (then I'm in trouble since I have to at least do 2 weeks of it ) I'll add a meat protein/veggie meal at dinner.

It's crazy how excited I actually am to start this!

Jenn

Susan M.
on 4/3/11 7:04 am

I know what you mean.  I had to do two weeks but I started 1 week early...started saying farewell to a few too many things.  Mine is high protein/lo carb supplements from the doc.  Not bad and I've been doing...with a slip this afternoon.  I ate 2" of a whole wheat Firehouse sub (no cheese or mayo) and 4 big cookies.  WTH!  I've already got my shakes lined up for tonight.  Back on pre-op...couinting down the days.....

Lananala
on 4/3/11 7:27 am - CA
I started my pre-op diet yesterday. I have to replace either lunch or dinner with a protein shake and the one week before I have to start a liquid diet. Excited...to a point

Lisa
jennkitt
on 4/3/11 8:11 am - MI
To a point... I like that.  I have big plans for a bubble bath and chocolate pb ice cream tonight, one last farewell!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views