Plastics??

Ms Shell
on 4/3/11 5:13 am - Hawthorne, CA
My skin was ALWAYS rolly and squishy.  Combination michelan man and the pillsbury dough boy.  It was like playdough and my arms were huge and flappy.  So I KNEW beyond a doubt it would get worse and it did.  I started saving the minute I had my WLS for plastic surgery.

I'm no a part of the before and afters.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

brownblonde
on 4/3/11 5:54 am
 I still want to lose about 25-35lbs.  I have lost 104 and I am just now starting to be unhappy with the skin on my stomach and my inner thighs.  This is just recently, and i don't know if I've lost more weight in these areas or if I'm starting to reach the point in time where excess skin becomes obvious.  It's not all that bad, but you certainly won't find me in a bikini probably ever.  Then again, before surgery you certainly wouldn't either!  I am 23 and was hoping to escape some of the extra skin.  I am mostly okay with it, but when I stand up, my stomach makes a frowny face .

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.  I think most of it is out of our control.  

TeriMac10
on 4/3/11 6:29 am
I am 50 this year and had VSG on 12/29/10.  I would rather have some skin than fat. Simple.  Plastics are not for everyone and sometimes enduring the exercise for longer lengths of time...months or couple years can make dramatic changes.  Cycling, running, cardio and weights can change your body!  I've done it several times before.  Often times we are too hard on ourselves and we are used to that self imposed treatment...so, why would we be satisfied with a less than perfect outcome?  It's just another way to beat ourselves up!  Remember, anything worth having takes time and effort.  Plastics is good and all, but then you may hear people complain about scarring...so on.  We as a collective group are used to being tough on us!  Let's learn to love ourselves and welcome any changes...and make surgical decisions after you live with your goal result for a while.  I sound 'preachy' and I surely don't mean to...I am learning to love myself as each pound comes off and that feels SOOOO good!  Finally.....
AND, I love everybody!
Teri       
Still Fawn
on 4/3/11 6:43 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
The skin is not so bad for everyone. I am secure enough to wear bikinis, strapless, minis, etc.. I decided I just didn't want plastic surgery. No more surgeries, period.. Unless they are neccessary. For some people plastics are necessary, but not for me..

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

NursieGirl
on 4/3/11 7:48 am
I haven't (yet) and it's different for everyone, depending on the body type, height, amount of weight lost, etc.  I have a good surgery friend who is 6-foot tall also, she has had no plastics, and looks amazing!

Jen C.
on 4/3/11 11:13 am
I had plastics done. To be honest I didn't look bad before plastics, I just wanted to look better. It's all a matter of personal preference- plastics is expensive and painful, not for everyone. 

Height: 5'7"     Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!!  
                          http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views