Vitamins

Lananala
on 4/3/11 7:56 am - CA
Hello...

What brand/type of vitamins do you use?  I would like to find an all in one and or one that combines vitamins for hair as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lisa
                          HW 233 SW 220.2 CW 157.6 GW 150

Jenn H.
on 4/3/11 8:17 am - Portland, OR

Most complete multivitamins have the vitamins that are good for hair such as biotin.  The trick is to find a complete multi not just a multi.

Right now I am using Celebrate Vitamins Multi with Iron in chewable form until I heal up. 

Age: 32 | Ht: 6' | HW: 350 | Pre-op: 330 | SW: 311 | CW: 207 | My Blog: vsgjenn.tumblr.com

Monthly loss: 1,-24lb/2,-13lb/3,-11lb/4,-12lb/5,-11lb/6,-14lb/7,-9lb/8,-8lb/9,-7lb/10,-3lb/11,-5lb/12,-10lb/13,-3lb/14,-1

Jeep1974
on 4/3/11 8:36 am - MI
I used bariatric advantage a few times and it made me nauseated so i switched to flintstone complete. These days I take a prenatal non chewable.

stephf
on 4/3/11 9:01 am - CA
VSG on 03/29/11 with
I use orange chewable centrum muilty vitamins they're 18.00 at target

they're good and work and have lots of the stuff required by the doctor.
I start my calcium in 30 days and that I will get in a chewable form.

HW 288  PRE OP WEIGHT  249/ SW241/ CW 146.8     

USAF Wife
on 4/3/11 11:09 am, edited 4/3/11 11:09 am
Celebrate Multi Complete 1-2 day
Celebrate Sublingual B12 4 per week
Celebrate Calcium Citrate 500 Plus 2 per day

Super easy to manage to get them all in without having to worry about taking upteen jillion pills throughout the day. I tried several different regimens/brands, and taking upwards of 10 pills/chewables per day. So, once I found these, I was hooked.

Plus, due to their formulation, and uber complete vitamin content, I am allowed to stay on them through my pregnancy WOOT WOOT ! ! ! HUGE Plus is they all taste good to me, and none of them make me nauseated.

You can contact them and they will send you samples of their products. Just tell them you've had VSG, and they'll pair you up with the proper vitamins.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

johnbertak
on 4/3/11 12:06 pm - MD
I'm 65 and 4+ mos.post-op, and I've lost 100+ lbs.
I'm not a pill taker, especially since getting off nearly all of my co-morbitiy drugs almost immediately following surgery.

Since I want as few pills as possible, I use the NutraMetrix multi-vitamin & calcium ****tail.  I mix it first thing in the a.m. and, because it's "isotonic" (pre-digested - which sounds gross, but isn't) the absorbtion rate is 95% so, my little 8-oz. ****tail is all I need for the entire day.   I also do a single sublingual Baratric Advantage B-12 every other day.  The only other pills I take these days are a baby-aspirin and 1 Orso daily for 6 mos. post-op (to prevent kidney/galstones).

The multi-vitamin & calcium  mix is mango-citrus flavor and I think the taste is okay.  But I'm sold on the convenience - and my lab numbers are perfect since I've been using it.  It's not cheap, but it sure beats having to remember to take a bunch of pills throughout the day.

Google nutraMetrix for more info.  Good Luck. 

Pop-Pop

Mishie1108
on 4/3/11 3:17 pm - FL
VSG on 04/19/11 with
Bariatric Advantage products were referred to me. They provide not only all the vitamins and suppliments you might need but also have various protein products as well.  They are not cheap but I have heard great things about them from several MD's. And they are not filled with useless additives.  Hope that's helpful.
        HW: 387      Pre-op Diet: 368         SW: 348.7          Goal: 175          I am 5 ft. 5 in.

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/11 3:43 pm - CA
 I am completely smitten with Celebrate vitamins. Just tried their samples and then ordered a bunch. We had been using Trader Joe's, but the taste of Celebrate is *way* better, and I didn't find them over priced like so many.

~colleen
Lananala
on 4/3/11 4:26 pm - CA
Thanks so much. This is why I love this forum
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views