First Date! Thai Restaurant - seeking recommendations

ccbelle14
on 4/4/11 1:46 am - Minneapolis, MN
Hello my VSG friends,

I have a first date tonight – yay! This isn’t my first date since being sleeved, but I’m pretty excited about this particular guy. We met online and our correspondence so far has been pretty awesome. I’m hoping that carries over into real life We’re meeting at a Thai restaurant tonight and I’m trying to figure out what to have. Any suggestions? The only time I’ve had Thai since my surgery was when my office ordered in and I could pick a few different meats from different dishes.  Pre-sleeve I used to eat pad thai, but that’s out. Chicken satay? Green Curry? Stir fry? I’m afraid the stir fry veggies would be a bit tough this early out (almost 3 months). The seafood selections I saw on their online menu didn’t appeal to me. Anyone have experience in this area?

Thanks in advance!

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
USAF Wife
on 4/4/11 1:59 am
I eat pepper steak or sweet/sour beef.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Joanne0615
on 4/4/11 1:59 am
I had Thai food this week-end and had the stir fry. No problems with my tummy. Have fun on your date!!!
Joanne                
ccbelle14
on 4/4/11 2:19 am - Minneapolis, MN
Good to know on the veggies - thanks! I've had some, but certainly don't want to have anything that will cause unexpected issues for me tonight, you know?

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 2:04 am, edited 4/4/11 2:21 am - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
I always get either green curry, or if they have a curry taster, with green, panang, and masaman.  then I usually bring home and freeze the individual curries up for another time. 

If I get soup first though, and eat any of the chunky bits, after I drink the broth, then I dont have much room for any of the curry afterward.  Chicken Satay might be nice!

Happy date with the exciting fella!!

Are you being much of a veggie eating human now?  I guess what I am asking is, do you have any intolerances at this point?
ccbelle14
on 4/4/11 2:45 am - Minneapolis, MN
I've had a few veggies - mostly very cooked or tender ones. I tend to stick mostly to dense protein though as it's just easier. But I am starting to crave veggies. I've been fine with chicken, pork, moist beef, but not so great with steak. The chicken satay they have does sound good.

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 3:22 am - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

Any more, when we ever do go out to eat, if I am not having just straight up chips N queso :} or onion rings basket!  Then I have turned into one of those insane special orderers.  Meh, I figure, I am paying, and probably for their special ording, so I get whatz I like!
Miss_C
on 4/4/11 2:13 am - Southern, CA
VSG on 01/31/11 with
Hey there CC, I dont have any suggestions for a type of dish to eat I just wanted to pop in and say how exciting for you and I hope he's a gem . Stay safe and let us know how it went will ya.

Have fun tonight!
Missy

*Hugs* Missy

January Sleevers:
 http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Jansleeves/discussion/

Consult Weight 254             SW 212          CW 154           GW 120 

Ask Not What Your Sleeve Can Do For You But What You Can Do For Your Sleeve!

ccbelle14
on 4/4/11 2:20 am - Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Missy! Even on dates with people I've met before, I always let someone know where I'm going. I'll keep you posted!

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 2:23 am
Where are you going? I'm in St. Paul and I've hit many of the Thai places in the TC--maybe I can help with specific dishes? :) Hope he's not a dud! :) 

Abby
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 67 views