Feeling Overwhelmed

Jenn H.
on 4/5/11 3:35 pm - Portland, OR
 You've come so far already with all your pre-op requirements, way to go!  Use this time to practice eating as if you have the sleeve. Get small dishware, tiny plates, bowls, flatware etc. Take smaller bites and chew lot's and really enjoy the food. Try stopping your meal at 20 minutes and wait for a few to make sure you're full so you don't overdo it.  Try introducing protein shakes to your meal plan. A big one for me was having a protein shake for breakfast, especially since I wasn't a breakfast eater before. If you haven't already, replace sodas with water or tea. Replace white rices and pastas with brown rice and whole wheat pasta and make it the smallest part of your meal. Perhaps eat several small meals throughout the day.  Fall in love with the recipes on eggface's blog!  All these things helped me immensely!

Age: 32 | Ht: 6' | HW: 350 | Pre-op: 330 | SW: 311 | CW: 207 | My Blog: vsgjenn.tumblr.com

Monthly loss: 1,-24lb/2,-13lb/3,-11lb/4,-12lb/5,-11lb/6,-14lb/7,-9lb/8,-8lb/9,-7lb/10,-3lb/11,-5lb/12,-10lb/13,-3lb/14,-1

byebyeburden
on 4/6/11 1:25 am
You can do this.... you can do this,  you can do this!  Keep saying it to yourself.

For me, I was suppose to lose weight during my 6months supervised diet and gained 10lbs.  What it that about?  You just need to have tried your hardest, tell them your struggles, 'this diet stresses me out, I went to 3 birthday parties this week, I can't stop drinking mocha's".....have your nut talk to you and take baby steps. 

I think the best thing I did, even with gaining 10 lbs...was I did really try to stop drinking 15min before eating and 1 hour after.  I think that has helped me to be successful post op.

Once I had surgery, my food intake has dramatically changed. 

Good luck
~Emily
Surgery Date Weight: 255 

Goal 1: 199 reached 3/4/11
Goal 2: 175
Goal 3: 150
Goal 3: 129

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question