TO OLD??

wert
on 4/8/11 11:30 am - MN
Is 56-57 too old? Hardly! I was sleeved a month ago and turn 60 next week. I feel great! 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

shekicks
on 4/8/11 11:39 am - Dallas, GA
 NO, NO, NO!  You are NOT too old!  I was 55 when I had the surgery, 56 now and I feel so, so much better!  I was beginning to feel like an old woman, aches and pains, meds for everything and tired all the time! Now I feel fantastic, am off all meds and have so much more energy!  And, my husband said I was HOT the other day when I came walking in the room in my new size 8 jeans!  I LOVE it! 

Go for it and best of luck to you!  
Beverly

5' 0"              HW-207 / SW-194 / CW-132/ GW-125             57 years old!

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/11 11:42 am
Evie I'm 58, and had my surgery 3 almost 4 weeks ago.  I am losing weight, slowly for sure but I'm losing.  My health will be better for it and my life will be better for it.
Libralin
on 4/8/11 11:53 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
Im 58! ....Too old?  Nah!!

Momager
on 4/8/11 11:55 am
AMEN to all of the above positive comments! I'm 55 and just lovin' my new life post-VSG! It'll one of the best gifts you'll ever receive, and you won't believe the wonderful world on the other side! Hang in there and do this for YOU! Good Luck!

Hislady
on 4/8/11 2:37 pm - Vancouver, WA
Darlin' you're not too old till you're dead! You deserve this and it will make your life so much better. You'll be able to play with grandkids and keep up with your daughter, heck you might even out do her! You are just getting nervous, that's normal but never underestimate how much better and healthier you are going to feel after you get the weight off. You've worked too hard for this to start questioning it now. Just go get that red dress and get ready to strut your stuff pretty lady!! We're all rootin' for you!
cabcab
on 4/8/11 6:39 pm
VSG on 01/06/11 with
You are no where near being too old.  Maybe if you were 95!  And even then I'm not sure you would be too old.

No matter how much time you have left in your life, you will live it more fully.  Any one of us could get hit by a bus tomorrow, next week, next year - does that mean none of us should have the surgery?

I've seen several people on this site who are in their 60's and telling about how great VSG has been to them.

Every bit of your life counts!  Don't even say that it wouldn't be worth it!  I know for sure you won't regret having the surgery.

HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

sunny10
on 4/9/11 12:09 am
I am the same age as you and I had the surgery in Feb.  I am so glad I did.  I have arthritis in my hip and the doctor told me if I loose weight I would feel so much better.  The doc was right!  Not only for the arthritis but my BP is normal now and I have more energy than before.  I was very nervous before my surgery, but I had made up my mind that either I loose weight or I would end up in a wheel chair.  The older you get the more health issues you will have.  I just want to have good quality of life.....and keep up with my grandson.... Hope you do th same.
Sunny10    
Pattie_M
on 4/9/11 12:51 am - TX

Evie,

I was 61 years old when I was sleeved and I feel like a young girl again.  I am so happy I had this surgery. It's certainly has changed my life for the better, especially health wise.  I no longer take any medication, I walk 3-4 miles daily and LIFE IS GOOD.

Girl, go for it!!!!

Blessings to you!

Pattie

b_stewart
on 4/9/11 1:15 am
You're not too old!!!!!!  No point in feeling weird.  After surgery and recovery you'll be amazed how young you'll feel.
This the day the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.          
AGE 60  HIGH/W 330  PROGRAM/W 252  SURGICAL/W 210 GOAL/W 165
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 182 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views