blender/food processor?? puree stage

Susan0714
on 4/14/11 7:49 am - Kenner, LA
I know that I will not be at the puree stage for a month now, I start my liquid diet on Monday (April 18th), but I would like to have everything I need before I go to the hospital so when I get home i will have NO WORRIES..

I have seen some people to mix their drinks are using the mixing ball, I like the pre made drinks myself, and I AM SO HOPING AFTER SURGERY I STILL LIKE THEM..

But, what is everyone using for the puree stage of their diet?  Also what are you getting, are you jsut eating baby food, or applesauce, things that don't have to be pureed anyway..

Thank you for the information in advance..

Susan
peachynptc
on 4/14/11 8:40 am - Fayetteville, GA
I am 4 days post op, still doing liquids. I have Greek yogurt to mix with things, protein shakes of course, SF hot chocolate, there are many shake recipes on here or the world according to eggface blog. Start a document in word, I named mine "WLS" and whenever I see an idea on here or any other place I copy it and paste it into the document. I have about 30 pages now of things from the liquid stage to years out after surgery, recipes, ideas, etc. I have also started my own notebook of what I mixed, when and if I liked it or not.

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/11 8:50 am
I used my magic bullit daily.
Susan0714
on 4/14/11 9:10 am - Kenner, LA
thank you guys for the information.. I am going to look on the eggface website, I just heard about it, in the last few days on here.

I will also look into the magic bullet..

Susan
Elaine2
on 4/14/11 9:32 am - Atlanta, GA
I would try to avoid baby food!  Wasn't good then...isn't good now.

You can use a blender or an immersion blender to take care of allot of soups. But run them thru a strainer so you don't get any chunks.
Greek yogurt is great, in my opinion . You can add SF syrup, SF puddings for sweetness or spices for savory.  A good way to get protein.
I even pureed some meats (chicken particularly) ahead of time (with a little water) and froze it in old fashioned ice cube trays. Then just thawed out what I needed.

Think protein----what can I puree that has protein.

bursonc
on 4/14/11 9:46 am
when I had my band,  I used the Magic Bullet every day; I know I will be using it again very soon.

Another profile on her to use is :  tantrica

She has lots of good recipes listed.  Check on the right hand side of her blog too.  She had many more in her archives.

Hope this helps.
Kristy R.
on 4/14/11 10:59 am - Santa Clara, CA
 I have  a little mini-blender/chopper thing that I'm going to use, or my blender, to smooth out egg salad, tuna salad, salmon salad and puree fruit and veggies, etc when I get to the next phase.  I never liked re-fried beans that much, now I am dying for some with cheese.  LOL, this surgery is a trip!
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Jessica M.
on 4/14/11 12:21 pm - San Antonio, TX
 Wow Susan, I am having surgery on the same day as you are!! Do you mind if I ask you a question? How did you put your surgery date under your name? Jess
jovigrl62
on 4/19/11 6:53 pm - Scroggins, TX
 I love my magic bullet. I love Necture protein drink great flavors and a non flavored one too. I used flavor extracts in my shakes. I loved the SF italian icees, SF koolade, greek yogurt, devince sf choc syrup and Skinny carmel lattes from star bucks and they can add protein too. Good luck.
Let's get SKINNY together!                
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views