Surgery Sleep

Susan0714
on 4/16/11 11:29 am - Kenner, LA
I have never had surgery, well at least, I have never been put under.. Is it like sleeping, I mean do you dream, or is it one minute they were telling you to count the next minute you are waking up in the recovery room?

I start my liquid diet Monday, which means, that the surgery is getting closer, so for me now it is deep breath time..

I hate not knowing. The not knowing what it is like to be put under? The fact that I have never had this done before, I hope that in the end I will be like that was no big deal, and then I will be like, worried about nothing as usual Susan..

Thanks,
Susan
Melissa M.
on 4/16/11 11:35 am - Blytheville, AR
One minute you are counting and then they are saying your name to wake you up.  That's how it's been everytime for me, I have had 3 surgeries.
Melissa
Mary R.
on 4/16/11 11:38 am - OH
 Yeah you are out in a matter of seconds and then the next thing you are waking up.  Ive had several surgeries and its always the same...it seems like they only put me under for a minute lol
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time" 
"Get busy living, or get busy dying" 

wert
on 4/16/11 11:43 am - MN
You go out light a light. No dreams. Next thing you know they're trying to get you to wake up. That's about it.

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

phatnurse
on 4/16/11 11:46 am
The masses can't be wrong, Susan! I've had several surgeries myself (and have helped to put 100s of people under). What it was like for me was: count backwards starting from ten..........then I find myself in the recovery room. The very last thing I remember is starting to count backwards from 10. I never make it past 8 doggone it! LOL!  Everyone that I've helped to put under........same thing!

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten. Change starts from within.....             
Eydiebug
on 4/16/11 11:47 am - San Antonio, TX
I never even made it to the counting part.  The last thing I remember is them putting something in my IV in the holding room, then wheeling me out of the holding room towards the OR.  The very next thing I remembered was waking up in my room and looking over at my husband.

Eydie

HW-319 SW-295 CW-186.2 GW-160 BMI-29.1   
mary_moon
on 4/16/11 11:48 am - TN
My sleeve surgery yesterday was operation #8 for me. Every time it's the same. You don't dream, you don't even have the sensation of time passing when you wake. One minute you're in the OR and the next you're in recovery. Easy peasy!
fatfree2b
on 4/16/11 12:25 pm - TX
Wow, you had your surgery yesterday and you are already posting, I am impressed.  Congrats to you! Still waiting on mine.
Mary
Hislady
on 4/16/11 11:49 am - Vancouver, WA
Like all the others have said easy peasy. I've had 13 surgeries in the last few years and every time it's close your eyes then they are waking you up. You won't remember a thing!
(deactivated member)
on 4/16/11 12:09 pm - Underwood, ND
They cannot use "laughing gas" on me, so no counting here.  I went in and got on the operating table and they told me to get comfortable.  That's the last thing I remember (they had put me out thru IV in a matter of seconds).  Woke up in recovery, very nausous...

You'll do great!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views