I need hugs!!! (re: divorce)

kanga003
on 4/21/11 8:48 am
Thanks for the support guys.... this is going to be a long couple of months (or more..).

I would totally consider counseling, but I don't think that there is any way that I could afford it at this point :-(

ANY extra money is pretty much towards my WLS at this point... and of course my daughter :-)

I have spent a total of $32.47 to "redo" the house... a love seat that I got at a local thrift shop for $7.50 (he took "his" recliner so all we had was the couch...), a HUGE mirror for over the couch for $10 at a hotel sale, a $5.99 TV stand thing at Goodwill, a Shower curtian for $2.99 and a new bathmat for $4.99 at Marden's (local surplus salvage place) and $1 for shower curtian rings cause the old ones matched the old curtian :-)  I'm pretty pleased with myself!  (of course my dad bought a mount thing for my TV and re did my locks... didn't let me pay him!)

I plan to have a yard sale (not his stuff... I'm not mean) in May, Memorial Day Weekend, and hopefully make enough for a cheap mattress!  I really want a different, smaller bed... not the big old KING in the room... I'm tempted to take a twin out of the guest room, but I'm not that desperate :-)

It helps to know that I"m not alone... but it is still so hard.  I feel guilty... he has pretty much NO family support... his parents were supposed to be home from FL by now, but they had an accident (thier trailer and truck parted ways I guess... everyone is fine, but $13,000 in damage and another 3 weeks at least in FL :-(

I guess the only silver lining is that he'll know he CAN stand on his own two feet...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views