I need hugs!!! (re: divorce)

kanga003
on 4/20/11 6:38 am
I just picked my 4 year old daughter up from her first overnight with daddy since we seperated a week ago...

I got home and saw his facebook post that it was on the list of hardest things he has ever had to do :-(

I just feel sad.

I think it is for the best that we are apart, but I worry that my sympathy will take me down a path I don't want to go...

The kicker is that when we lived together hes spent maybe 10-15 min a day interacting with her and I did 99+% of her care...

I understand where he's coming form but this is just really, really hard :-(
julissa0228
on 4/20/11 6:46 am
I am sorry you are having a hard time (Hugs) I own you a message :)
_Nikki_
on 4/20/11 6:47 am
I've been there when my hubby and I separated a couple of years ago. I'm sorry (((hugs))).
_Nikki_ 

Ladydivigirl
on 4/20/11 6:52 am
((((((((((Hugs. Hugs and More Hugs))))))))))!!!!

"The will of God will not take me where the GRACE of God cannot protect me!"    
pcannedy
on 4/20/11 6:52 am - Sacramento, CA
  Here is a great big hug from someone who has been thru a divorce with kids.  Take care of yourself for your dgt and you will be ahead of the pain.  God bless.  Pat

Mr Mom
on 4/20/11 6:56 am
Divorce is very hard,

I grew up with divorced parents and I myself divorced my 1st wife (cheating **** that she is .. oops, sorry). It can be especially hard when there are kids involved. My relationship with my 2 older children was nearly destroyed by all the negative crap that went on. All I can tell you is that I tried to stay for the sake of my kids for 8 years past the initial blowup and it was a mistake. Once you know it's over it's best for everyone to move on and get your new life after marriage to "enter name" started. 

... sending you a virtual hug ..Craig

Heaviest:406 | Surgical Weight:366 | Current Weight:290 | Goal Weight:250

CJCC55
on 4/20/11 6:58 am - Cleveland, TN
It's normal to feel sad. I know you really want to do what is best for all your family members.
As a counceler once told me, relationships take alot of work, and what you are doing is for the best, whether you decide to put the work in with your current husband, or start from scratch. You sound as though you are undecided, but leaning toward divorce. Even if you don't divorce, you are at least forcing him to take a good long look at himself and the amount of work he was putting forth toward your relationship.
Prayers and hugs as you make your decision, and continue toward what you feel is the best path for you to take.
I'm sorry for your sadness. It's really hard. My daughter is going through it at this time, and the process is excruciating.

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

quintons_mommy200

on 4/20/11 7:02 am
I'm sorry your heart hurts. My 2 cents.. I come from a broken home.. abuse on the part of my father against my mother.. and while I'm not suggesting this is the case in your home, I can tell you that living with parents who couldn't get along was traumatizing. I can't tell you what's worse between parents who don't get along and having 2 separate homes, but if I had to guess, it's seeing the fighting all the time. My mom died when I was 17.. and I have a lot of issues with a lot of things surrounding how I grew up.. one of them being that she kept us in that abusive environment for so many years and in my opinion opted not to "protect us" from seeing everyone unhappy.. and that was only made worse by the fact that she wasn't alive for me to ask any questions about it later for me to try to come to terms with it.

Wow.. that might be TMI.. bottom line, if you know that you're not happy and that your marriage isn't going to work- this is probably the best idea for everyone, and it will get easier in time. Let me know if you'd like to chat. (hugs)

Happy966
on 4/20/11 7:12 am
Big hugs, Kanga! Relationship can be *so* hard, especially with children. Sometimes the mutual love of our children can inspire people to do the hard work and make changes. That was true in my life, although it didn't happen overnight and my partner and I lived apart for several years. Be gentle on yourself, and remember you're living apart for a reason! It gets better, I promise.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Carmelita
on 4/20/11 7:43 am - Four Corners, NM
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 321 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 365 views