Scale finally moving again.

Elena22
on 4/21/11 12:40 am
As of this mornining I am down 2 more lbs.  Just when I was begining to think, 'I'm not going to lose another lbs'  Should I be doing more? I get 60 grams of protein a day, 50 - 64 oz of water, vitamins, and walk 30 mins everyday on treadmill.  What more can I do to keep it moving?
~ Elena.

Leslie B.
on 4/21/11 2:29 am - MO
Good to hear,  I am in the same boat.  Scale has not moved at all, but I have not given up....hoping it will suprise me soon.  I keep thinking, what am I doing wrong?  But on here they all say this is normal.  I just keep pushing on.  Glad yours broke, now i have hope......Good luck and God Bless!  Leslie

"I am so happy with my new life, would not change it for anything!"
Lori B.
on 4/21/11 2:31 am
Sounds like you are doing what you should be. The weight should continue to come off for quite some time. If you go through any kind of stall or plateau, just keep measurements of yourself and you'll find that it's just not showing on the scale. You could also up the exercise if possible and a little more water and protein definitely wouldn't hurt.

~Lori

HW 286.5   GW 155   CW 153
Fortworthrealtor
on 4/21/11 2:45 am - TX
Mine hasn't moved in two weeks except for one day I lost 3 pounds but it is stuck again. I can't complain in the last 6 weeks I have lost 47 pounds
katier825
on 4/21/11 5:16 am
I've been struggling too with a barely moving scale.  I increased my protein to at least 80, decreased my carbs to 40ish, and drinking a lot more water than I was.  I've been exercising 3-5 days most weeks, just signed up for another class and will walk on the other days.  The scale did finally move the other day (1 lb - whoopie).  But as long as the trend is down, I guess I can't complain.

How many carbs are you eating?  My Dr. said I can have up to 200.  I've had as much as 80-90, but I think it's too much for my body, so I cut back.  Hoping to be in the 140's by the end of the month.  I've been in the 150's for 7 weeks now.
Elena22
on 4/21/11 6:56 am
you're a lot further out than me, but I don't eat any where near that many carbs.  I get less than 20 in a day. 
~ Elena.

katier825
on 4/21/11 9:15 am
On April 21, 2011 at 1:56 PM Pacific Time, Elena22 wrote:
you're a lot further out than me, but I don't eat any where near that many carbs.  I get less than 20 in a day. 
 I know that the body needs some carbs to function.  I have more energy when I have at least 40.  I was very surprised that the doctor said just to keep it between 40 and 200.  I only did a couple of weeks with it creeping up there, but it must have been too much for me.  I've cut it back on my own.  One thing I need to be more conscious of is protein bars...they can be high carbs.  Fresh fruit, but I don't worry about that as much as the bars.  I think everyone needs to experiment on their own as people vary in what they can tolerate without gaining.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views