stall?!!

harleybella
on 4/27/11 8:25 am
so im a little over 3 weeks out and ive been at a stall for a week now, im getting all my protein in and all my liquids in but i can't get out of this stall, ive been walking some and doing my little stairstepper thing.....  im going crazy!!!!!! Should i exercise more? I can't stand seeing 234 on the scale anymore (never thought i would say that!!)  so how did everyone get out of this stall??
VSG on 4/4/11!!
Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal
273/     248 /      201/      155

sianabob
on 4/27/11 8:30 am
Starting at 3 weeks I had a 3 week long stall.. stalls are pretty normal early on, it is allowing your body to catch up and mend.. take measurements of yourself.. during that first stall of mine I had lost inches even when I didnt see the scale move.. be patient, it will move again soon :)

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 8:32 am
Lots of folks get stuck at that point.  The best way to get quick info and help on this is to use the "search" button at the top of the page and put in two week stall  or three week stall.

Good luck.
Father Don
on 4/27/11 10:36 am - Charleston, SC
A stall is something that last 6 weeks or more.  You are in a correction period.

Weight loss is like a teeter-totter....

One one side is pounds, the other inches....

If you stop going down on pounds, the inches will go down .  Are you measuring? 
Then the inches will slow and pounds will drop...

this is normal and NOT a stall, it's a correction period that your body uses to catch up.....

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Kim_M
on 4/28/11 5:18 am - LaPorte, TX
I agree

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views