Since No Response to Last Question lol...Good Arizona VSG Docs??

Jazzed
on 5/5/11 4:47 am - Bullhead City, AZ
I had no response to last question regarding recent vsg approvals for AHCCCS...That's ok, wasn't really expecting vast knowledge on that one. lol

I have read the Arizona board regarding doctors that do take AHCCCS, however, I would like to hear from anyone who has had surgery in Arizona...GOOD OR BAD, I would like to know more about the Arizona doctors that are performing VSG (may have to go with LapBand on AHCCCS but want to try for VSG first!

Almost went to Dr. Aceves almost 2 yrs ago as a self-pay, but couldn't quite get enough money to do it. I would still LOVE to go to him, however, I need to find someone that will take AHCCCS.

I somehow injured my knee and the docs apparently cannot find out what's wrong with it. While my problem may not be directly caused from my weight, doc says losing weight will greatly reduce the pain AND eleviate further problems.

I'm considered a "lightweight"  as I am about 235lbs 5'7 bmi of 36.8. Besides the knee issue...I am just sick and tired of my weight being an issue in everything I do!!

Thanks in advance!
Hope Sees The Invisible, Feels The Intangible, And Achieves The Impossible!   Author Unknown

Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginning's End     Semisonic
furiosmommy
on 5/5/11 5:32 am - Phoenix, AZ
I went to Dr. Fang in Phoenix after hearing alot of great things about him. I think he's a good doctor and he knows what he's doing. But beware he's very quite so don't expect to have too much of a conversation with him. I would say my experience with him and his office has been good. I know some people didn't have a great experience with some of his staff though. They aren't the sharpest. His P.A. Emile is great too. I've seen Emile more than Dr. Fang and he assisted on my surgery. I'm pleased with my results so far. I feel he did a great job. He works out of St. Luke's hospital. It's in a sketchy neighborehood and it's an old hospital but I enjoyed the staff and I think the facility is adequate. I was only in the hospital 24 hours from start to finish. Good luck!

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

Mr Mom
on 5/5/11 7:10 am
I also went to Dr Fang through the Bridges program. He's not an easy guy to get a smile out of, but he's at the top of his game. Dr Fang is known as the most senior abdominal surgeon in Phoenix. My surgical experience was very positive. I was in and out of St Luke's in 24 hours. If you get your surgery at St Luke's, insist on having a room on the 8th floor. The whole floor is brand new and up to date with private rooms.... Craig

Heaviest:406 | Surgical Weight:366 | Current Weight:290 | Goal Weight:250

furiosmommy
on 5/5/11 7:48 am - Phoenix, AZ
So that is the trick.... It just occured to me. Because I was there for such a short time, I really have no idea what floor I was on. I did have a roomate though. She was very pleasant, not a bariatric patient. Of all the walking I did when I was there I never once saw another baratric patient. The whole floor seemed really quiet. The nurses all had a thing for Emile and got giggly when he came around, I did notice that. He is a bit of a hunkaroo though. The funny thing, eventhough Dr. Fang is so quiet and hardly ever smiles he really enjoyed my son. At my consultation I had my 15 month old with me. Dr. Fang was kinda mesmerized by him, he thought he was pretty funny and liked to watch him. I thought that was interesting.

For anyone considering Dr. Fang I would definitely recommend him. I think he certainly knows what he's doing and he's very knowledgable.

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

skinnymeforever
on 5/5/11 8:30 am - AZ
Hi! You probably won't get  alot of responses about AHCCCS. Arizona, I believe, is the only state that does it's own state "medicaid" program.  All the other states are in the same program and just call it different things for different states. Anyway, I went to Scottsdale Bariatric Center with Dr. Robin Blackstone.  I love that Scottsdale Shea has its own Bariatric floor. Everybody on the floor had bariatrric surgery. I love, love, love that you get a massage, manicure, pedicure the day after surgery. However,  I am not exactly enamered with Dr. Blackstone's staff.  I've had some issues and they don't seem to want to do much to help with anyone that isn't doing "perfectly".  And, you will only see her (Dr. Blackstone), 1 time before surgery. In the pre-op room, and 1 or 2 times in the hospital. That's it.  It sounds like this is typical so, intervew the staff. They are pretty important.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views